You are Here:
some weird decks

Author (Read 1394 times)

some weird decks
« on: December 25, 2011, 08:26:14 AM »

Fallen_Angel_of_Luck

• Elite Member
hey guys heres just a few photos of some weird decks ive never seen before whether u guys have or have not please comment if u know anything about them and price
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 08:28:27 AM by Fallen_Angel_of_Luck »

Re: some weird decks
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 10:57:54 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
The first one is bicycle big gun deck.
The second and third are Merz's decks. - Don't buy it
I;m not sure about the 4th one.

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 11:45:04 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
The fourth is either a Merz deck or a promotional deck a magician made. Either way it's terrible. The first deck, the original Big Gun decks, are quite rare and excellent.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 12:04:50 PM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The first are the Big Gun decks. If I'm not mistaken, they're a USPC reprint of some decks they brought out at the end of World War One, I believe. They're quite a nice little set, and were only quite recently released; some time in 2011. I've also heard that only 2,500 of each colour were printed, although I'm not sure how true that is.
The second and third are the Gold Trace and Red Trace decks, respectively. They're designed by Merz67, and are commonly referred to as 'clip art' decks - decks that have taken hardly any time to design, and just use basic clip art images instead of unique, new images when it comes to the deck box, the Jokers and the ace of spades. This is shown by the fact that the Gold Trace deck box shows the cube with spade pips on the side; a piece of clip art.
The last deck is the Bicycle Smiling Back. It was designed by a magician called Meir Yedid, and is a gaff deck, or 'trick' deck. All the cards have smiling faces on the back, except for an extra four cards, which show a 'dead' face, with a bullet hole in his forehead that goes right through the card. The idea of the deck is that you force a card on a spectator, then cut the deck or what have you, and then pretend to shoot the deck. You then fan out the cards, and see one 'dead' face. You show the card, and it is the spectator's card. All the faces are regular Bicycle faces.
If anyone has seen any mistakes here, please don't hesitate to correct me.  :)
"What have future generations ever done for us?" - Groucho Marx

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 12:09:03 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 07:21:40 PM by CBJ »
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 12:38:33 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
You might as well put all of the Trace decks up in the first post as well. Oh, and don't forget the American decks!
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 09:40:27 PM »

munro159

• Discourse Lover
You can get the Big Guns decks at www.shopbicyclecards.com.  As someone on UC mentioned, they have lowered the price to $14.99 a set and they offer free shipping in the US.

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 03:23:25 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
You can get the Big Guns decks at www.shopbicyclecards.com.  As someone on UC mentioned, they have lowered the price to $14.99 a set and they offer free shipping in the US.

Good eye, dude - I went and picked them up.  I was SHOCKED when I first saw these selling for $50 a pair.  At $15 a pair, they're a LOT more reasonably priced.  I'm guessing the high price induced sticker shock in a lot of potential customers and scared them off, meaning the chances of this being a series that reaches its completion aren't great.  Who remembers the Vintage Series (only 6 of 12 designs issued), or the Limited Edition series (only 2 of 10 designs issued)?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/