You are Here:
How to get subscribers and views on youtube?

Author (Read 1327 times)

How to get subscribers and views on youtube?
« on: December 23, 2011, 09:33:43 PM »

D_bag

• Forum Regular
I want to make a youtube channel with lots of subscribers but I don't know how to go about at it. I had a couple of friends who only had like 2 subscribers and that's it and it looks lame.
I want to do either a deck review channel or a COD channel but idk....
My bro is super good at MW3 but he got major hate comments like "you only played noobs" and stuff. :'(

And for deck reviews I would start recording but I don't know what to say or talk about.  :-X

Give me your trade secrets guys, I want in on the action  :-[

Re: How to get subscribers and views on youtube?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 12:23:55 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Being a huge MW3 player myself, I frequent the big commentators on YT. One thing I noticed is that even the big names have their best games against people who have yet to prestige while they are on a team of experienced players. It's nothing to be ashamed about. You'll never got 60-1 against a team of pros, and unless you're playing TDM, your last concern should be your k/d with professional gamers.

Anyway, on topic, your goal will be to get at least 10 people to subscribe before you put any video up. I guarantee nobody will want to be the first to the party in anything, and that includes subbing to your channel.

Then, you put up a video and you go the big names related to your channel. Subscribe to the recent commenters on their channel and add them as a friend. Leave a friendly channel comment, related to one of their videos. If you absolutely must throw in more incentive for the person to click on your name and go to your channel, say you are doing the same thing as they are. Do not ask for a sub, do not ask them to check you out. If you want, drop a comment every few days on a big channel telling people to check you out. Keep it from sounding like spam, and avoid burning bridges by spamming a wall that's not already full of spam.

Do not, ever, do "sub4sub." It skews perceptions of popularity, and while having 10,000 subscribers looks cool, getting <500 views per video does not.

A contest greatly speeds things up. One thing to keep in mind is the quality of your prizes is insignificant. My first two contests gave away store-bought decks, and my most recent and extremely unpopular (by relative terms) contest is giving away huge prizes, probably bigger than any other card channel on YT.

Lastly, don't get into it for a whole bunch of fans. You want to address people personally and be confident, both in your videos and in your comments. One thing that draws people to smaller channels is knowing that the creators are more likely to give someone attention. Give your subscribers and commenters attention and you will reap the benefits.

This all works great for the first 500 or so subscribers, and after that I found my channel growing on its own. On average, I get 5-20 subs per day on the slow days with no new videos.

Oh, and remember, new YouTube no longer emphasizes the importance of subscriptions. Now, you will want to have people pin you to their top 10 so your videos get views.

Whatever you do, keep all your videos high quality. Don't stoop to the level of 500 videos in a year that all have <200 views. I won't name names, but some of the bigger YouTube card "stars" simply upload 5+ videos per week along the lines of "I GOT A NEW DESK" and the result is purely short-term benefits.

I hope that helps!
Forum Founder.

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 05:29:19 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
thank alot for the info.. after seeing alot of person doing deck review i also feel like doing it but i really think it suck to create video and only like 2 person watch it

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 10:25:28 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Wait a minute... you don't even have any particular content in mind?  You just want to be popular on youtube?

That's pretty weak.

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 11:28:09 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Wait a minute... you don't even have any particular content in mind?  You just want to be popular on youtube?

That's pretty weak.

Hey, relax...  He does have particular content in mind - he's deciding between two possible channel formats, deck reviews or Call of Duty.

Merry Christmas - and everyone take a niiiiiiice, deeeeeeep breath.......
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 09:12:34 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
hmm this is interesting, i might try out what you suggested cause i have no subscribers and kinda was hoping to.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 09:17:55 PM »

Fallen_Angel_of_Luck

• Elite Member
im in the same boat as you mrmagic i just started a youtube channel purely about magic. i really want subscribers eh otherwise i feel like even though i enjoy making magic videos no1's really there to appreciate it

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 05:53:23 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I'm not an expert on this stuff but Alex had some good advice.

I know Loldude is looking for some people to help promote each other. You can check out his thread about that in the LOLAQ section!
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck