NEW DECK- Floral Deck from Aloys
« on: November 12, 2012, 04:43:47 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Floral Deck- This is the next deck from Aloys, the maker of the Blue Tune deck!
----------------
Release Date: Late November or Early December
Where: Unknown
-2500 Red decks Printed and 500 Black decks printed

Floral Deck has the following features:
*100% custom artwork
* Bicycle stock and Linoid Finish
* Metallic Ink on the Tuck Box, Back Design and Face Cards
* Custom tuck seal
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 06:02:13 PM by Evan »

Re: NEW DECK- Flower Deck from Aloys
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 05:52:11 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
It's Floral .. not flower

Here's the tuck
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 05:54:21 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
"500 decks printed and only 101 decks will be sold (everyone is limited to 2 Decks)"

isn't this BS? I thought the minimum run for decks was 2500. Unless I'm missing something, there's no way Aloys could only print 500 decks unless he just ignored the other 2000. Even if the 500 deck run is legit, only selling 101 of these decks (or even all 500, if they eventually do get sold) leaves a very bad taste in my mouth because it's essentially creating an artificial rarity to drive up the value of the deck. It doesn't really seem like a great business model either, limiting a deck this much especially when there are currently no other decks available through Aloys as far as I know.

Regardless, I'm definitely interested in this deck since I absolutely love the Blue Tune deck. Hopefully I can get my hands on a couple no matter how rare they end up being. The design looks pretty interesting so far and I have some high hopes for how it turns out.

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 05:57:45 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
There are 3000 decks total... 2500 red.. and 500 black.

here's the post I made on FB

"My friends over at Aloys Design Studio will soon be releasing their second deck design… The Floral Decks. These decks will come in 2 colors with a total of 2500 red decks printed, and only 500 black decks. Only 101 Black decks will be released for sale (limited to 2 per person)

The Floral Decks will have the following features:
 *100% custom artwork ( more than 1800 hours spent on the design )
 *Bicycle stock & Linoid Finish
 *Metallic ink on Tuckbox, backs, and faces
 *Thick tuck paper
 *Custom deck seal

They will also be releasing some Eco Floral Card Clips ( 80 total )

They’ll be launching their website next week with more info. If you’d like to order the Black Floral deck, you’ll be able to shoot them an e-mail through their site to make a request.

If you have any questions, you can send an e-mail to their staff. ( they will reply within 24 hours ) jessica93471@yahoo.com.my
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 06:43:09 PM by CBJ »
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Re: NEW DECK- Floral Deck from Aloys
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 06:03:23 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I just got info that the black deck will be printed separately late this year or early next year.

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 06:19:14 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran

"My friends over at Aloys Design Studio will soon be releasing their second deck design… The Floral Decks. These decks will come in 2 colors with a total of 2500 red decks printed, and only 500 black decks. Only 101 Black decks will be released for sale (limited to 2 per person)

*Thick tuck paper
 *Custom deck seal

They’ll be launching their website next week with more info. If you’d like to order the Black Flower deck, you’ll be able to shoot them an e-mail through their site to make a request.

If you have any questions, you can send an e-mail to their staff. ( they will reply within 24 hours ) jessica93471@yahoo.com.my

ah that makes much more sense. well hopefully I can get at least 1 of the black decks if it's not priced too high. definitely looking forward to this deck

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 12:29:39 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
----------------

Put these two bits of information together, and the answer to "Where?" is "Malaysia", home of the .my top-level domain.

"500 decks printed and only 101 decks will be sold (everyone is limited to 2 Decks)"

isn't this BS? I thought the minimum run for decks was 2500. Unless I'm missing something, there's no way Aloys could only print 500 decks unless he just ignored the other 2000. Even if the 500 deck run is legit, only selling 101 of these decks (or even all 500, if they eventually do get sold) leaves a very bad taste in my mouth because it's essentially creating an artificial rarity to drive up the value of the deck. It doesn't really seem like a great business model either, limiting a deck this much especially when there are currently no other decks available through Aloys as far as I know.

Regardless, I'm definitely interested in this deck since I absolutely love the Blue Tune deck. Hopefully I can get my hands on a couple no matter how rare they end up being. The design looks pretty interesting so far and I have some high hopes for how it turns out.

Sr15, it's entirely possible that this deck was being designed for a magician who wanted to reserve most of the black ones for his personal use.  And even if that isn't the case, there's still just 101 decks going into circulation.  If more get released, no biggie - the market value will go down because they're not as hard to obtain as they once were.

Extreme rarity does not always automatically equal valuable.  A simple example: compare the Bicycle Black Ghost 1st Edition with the Black Crown Deck and the Bicycle Gold Seal New Fan Back.  Each one of these decks were made in a print run of exactly the same size: 5,000.  If you were looking to buy them from a fellow trader, however, the first deck goes for around $100, give or take, the second is perhaps $20 and the last one is still selling at nearly the original retail.

One could argue, based on your perspective, that ALL limited-edition decks are unfair because there's only so many of them to go around.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 01:55:16 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
Sr15, it's entirely possible that this deck was being designed for a magician who wanted to reserve most of the black ones for his personal use.  And even if that isn't the case, there's still just 101 decks going into circulation.  If more get released, no biggie - the market value will go down because they're not as hard to obtain as they once were.

I suppose that could be possible, but I don't think it would be the case in this scenario. I agree on the second point, although the only reason I could possibly see to hold out on decks in this scenario would be to have the price as high as possible for each release. Not exactly a bad business model, although it might piss off some people who got the decks early only to see the price and rarity dropped later. Just to clarify, I made that post when I thought the entire run of this deck would be 101 decks out of 500 due to the original wording of the OP, not just a special edition of the deck being 101/500.

Extreme rarity does not always automatically equal valuable.  A simple example: compare the Bicycle Black Ghost 1st Edition with the Black Crown Deck and the Bicycle Gold Seal New Fan Back.  Each one of these decks were made in a print run of exactly the same size: 5,000.  If you were looking to buy them from a fellow trader, however, the first deck goes for around $100, give or take, the second is perhaps $20 and the last one is still selling at nearly the original retail.

I mean I'm an economics major so you aren't telling me anything that I don't already know. There is obviously a difference between a print run of 5,000 and a print run of 500, especially when there are only 101 being released. Look at the pricing on the special editions of the Aurum deck. It wouldn't be unreasonable to think that Aloys saw the price at which the 75 deck edition of Aurum was selling at and would try to do something similar by releasing only a small number of decks.

One could argue, based on your perspective, that ALL limited-edition decks are unfair because there's only so many of them to go around.

I never said it was unfair. I just said that a) it's not the best business model, especially when done by companies without a big stock of unlimited run decks like T11 or E, and b) it leaves a bad taste in my mouth because it ends up being a negative for collectors.

Again, keep in mind that I made my original post based on the assumption that the 500 was the entire run of the deck and not just one edition. I still don't necessarily like the idea of severely limiting decks because in general it artificially drives up value, no matter how many anecdotal situations you bring up. Obviously it doesn't drive up the value as much anymore given the trend for everyone and their mother to put out a limited edition deck run these days, but just like a 2,500/5,000 deck run used to have a deck be considered rare, companies may decide to limit deck runs to an even greater degree to spark that "rare" appeal for collectors. I used the example of the Aurum deck earlier, although that was more from a manufacturing circumstance than any deliberate action taken by Encarded, but it is entirely possible and even likely that we see deck runs become more and more limited as numbers that used to be considered rare become common or even an industry standard. As I said, I only see this as being a negative for deck collectors as a whole.

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 02:51:37 AM »

Aloys

• True Member

• Facebook:

*Thick tuck paper
 *Custom deck seal

They’ll be launching their website next week with more info. If you’d like to order the Black Flower deck, you’ll be able to shoot them an e-mail through their site to make a request.

ah that makes much more sense. well hopefully I can get at least 1 of the black decks if it's not priced too high. definitely looking forward to this deck

Thank you for your support, please rest assured,  Not expensive.
Black Flowar Deck :$11.95 / Deck
A total of 101 decks will released , ( A limit 2 deck for each order)
If you buy blue tune deck in 7/13/2012  you will get a Eco Floral Card Clips for you order! FREE!
Thank you for your support!
Aloys!

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 02:55:10 AM »

Aloys

• True Member

• Facebook:

*Thick tuck paper
 *Custom deck seal

They’ll be launching their website next week with more info. If you’d like to order the Black Floral deck, you’ll be able to shoot them an e-mail through their site to make a request.

Thank you my friend!

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 03:01:17 AM »

Aloys

• True Member

• Facebook:
I'm sorry ,I can't print too much Black Deck.
I hope everyone can also like red deck, it also is very beautiful!
Red deck will be a lower price, a small amount of sales.
Red deck would complete the print in December.
If you have any questions, please send email tell me.
Thank you
Aloys!

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 03:07:03 AM »

Aloys

• True Member

• Facebook:
In order to make the feel better, I use the Bicycle Stock and LINOID FINISH and metal ink !
I hope you can like this deck, yolanda elaborate design.
Thank you
Aloys!

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 03:16:45 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Ok a couple things, one please stop posting like 5 times in a row. Put it all in one. It starts to seem very spammy. Also I am calling bull shit on LINOID finish. As Don has mentioned many times the 2 finishes are air cushion and magic finish. You can have them put whatever name on it but those are the 2.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 05:41:04 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I suppose that could be possible, but I don't think it would be the case in this scenario. I agree on the second point, although the only reason I could possibly see to hold out on decks in this scenario would be to have the price as high as possible for each release. Not exactly a bad business model, although it might piss off some people who got the decks early only to see the price and rarity dropped later. Just to clarify, I made that post when I thought the entire run of this deck would be 101 decks out of 500 due to the original wording of the OP, not just a special edition of the deck being 101/500.

I mean I'm an economics major so you aren't telling me anything that I don't already know. There is obviously a difference between a print run of 5,000 and a print run of 500, especially when there are only 101 being released. Look at the pricing on the special editions of the Aurum deck. It wouldn't be unreasonable to think that Aloys saw the price at which the 75 deck edition of Aurum was selling at and would try to do something similar by releasing only a small number of decks.

I never said it was unfair. I just said that a) it's not the best business model, especially when done by companies without a big stock of unlimited run decks like T11 or E, and b) it leaves a bad taste in my mouth because it ends up being a negative for collectors.

Again, keep in mind that I made my original post based on the assumption that the 500 was the entire run of the deck and not just one edition. I still don't necessarily like the idea of severely limiting decks because in general it artificially drives up value, no matter how many anecdotal situations you bring up. Obviously it doesn't drive up the value as much anymore given the trend for everyone and their mother to put out a limited edition deck run these days, but just like a 2,500/5,000 deck run used to have a deck be considered rare, companies may decide to limit deck runs to an even greater degree to spark that "rare" appeal for collectors. I used the example of the Aurum deck earlier, although that was more from a manufacturing circumstance than any deliberate action taken by Encarded, but it is entirely possible and even likely that we see deck runs become more and more limited as numbers that used to be considered rare become common or even an industry standard. As I said, I only see this as being a negative for deck collectors as a whole.

Just consider what I wrote as playing devil's advocate.

As an econ major, you also know that the market will only bear so much of that type of behavior before it starts to react negatively.  Short supply/high demand only works up to the point that the consumer population doesn't get frustrated enough to stop purchasing from one supplier and seek products from other suppliers, especially when it's a luxury item in the first place.  If I tried to by a Porsche but kept missing out on the new models due to them being limited editions that rapidly sell out, I'd bet that some of the less-rare Ferraris or BMWs would start to look awfully attractive...

In order to make the feel better, I use the Bicycle Stock and LINOID FINISH and metal ink !
Thank you
Aloys!

Ok a couple things, one please stop posting like 5 times in a row. Put it all in one. It starts to seem very spammy. Also I am calling bull shit on LINOID finish. As Don has mentioned many times the 2 finishes are air cushion and magic finish. You can have them put whatever name on it but those are the 2.

Aloys, John raises a valid point - it's against forum rules to make multiple posts in a row as you have done.  Please, for the future, make a single post, adding edits to it if you want to post something else before someone replies, unless your post is several hours old at the time.

John, even if this was a deck with Linoid Finish - which no longer exists - it would handle like crap with the metallic inks, just like many of the early Diavoli decks.  The default finish for any custom deck now is Magic Finish - the standard finish has to be requested.  Further, it's practically a given that any deck using metallic inks these days uses Magic Finish to counteract the impact of the inks on the cards' performance.

But having said all of that, USPC does allow quite a lot of wiggle room in terms of what someone calls their finish on their deck - even they don't publicly admit that there's only the two finishes to choose from.  They still use terms like Linoid, Air Cushion and Cambric to refer to a deck with embossed paper and a standard finish, and Smooth and Ivory to refer to a deck without embossing and a standard finish.  To further muddy the waters, they have allowed on numerous occasions the use of these standard names on a deck with Magic Finish.

In the end, it's all marketing and "name-calling"!  The differing finish names allows for their brands to be thought of as more distinct from each other than they actually are, and some people will psychologically buy into this, especially when each deck handles just a little differently for reasons having nothing at all to do with finish.  They feel no good reason exists for not allowing their clients to do the same thing on their custom orders.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 05:44:11 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 06:33:19 AM »

Aloys

• True Member

• Facebook:

Just consider what I wrote as playing devil's advocate.

As an econ major, you also know that the market will only bear so much of that type of behavior before it starts to react negatively.  Short supply/high demand only works up to the point that the consumer population doesn't get frustrated enough to stop purchasing from one supplier and seek products from other suppliers, especially when it's a luxury item in the first place.  If I tried to by a Porsche but kept missing out on the new models due to them being limited editions that rapidly sell out, I'd bet that some of the less-rare Ferraris or BMWs would start to look awfully attractive...

Thank you
Aloys!

Aloys, John raises a valid point - it's against forum rules to make multiple posts in a row as you have done.  Please, for the future, make a single post, adding edits to it if you want to post something else before someone replies, unless your post is several hours old at the time.

John, even if this was a deck with Linoid Finish - which no longer exists - it would handle like crap with the metallic inks, just like many of the early Diavoli decks.  The default finish for any custom deck now is Magic Finish - the standard finish has to be requested.  Further, it's practically a given that any deck using metallic inks these days uses Magic Finish to counteract the impact of the inks on the cards' performance.

But having said all of that, USPC does allow quite a lot of wiggle room in terms of what someone calls their finish on their deck - even they don't publicly admit that there's only the two finishes to choose from.  They still use terms like Linoid, Air Cushion and Cambric to refer to a deck with embossed paper and a standard finish, and Smooth and Ivory to refer to a deck without embossing and a standard finish.  To further muddy the waters, they have allowed on numerous occasions the use of these standard names on a deck with Magic Finish.

In the end, it's all marketing and "name-calling"!  The differing finish names allows for their brands to be thought of as more distinct from each other than they actually are, and some people will psychologically buy into this, especially when each deck handles just a little differently for reasons having nothing at all to do with finish.  They feel no good reason exists for not allowing their clients to do the same thing on their custom orders.

I am sorry for the violation of forum rules, please forgive.
Aloys

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 09:38:13 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Don, I really dont care about the deck, I just get upset cause with each of his decks he post 15 times in a row about them and says he has a finish you said did not exist. I dont want to deal with the bull shit.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 11:53:12 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Don, I really dont care about the deck, I just get upset cause with each of his decks he post 15 times in a row about them and says he has a finish you said did not exist. I dont want to deal with the bull shit.

Whoa, Tex - don't take things personally, there's no harm meant.

BTW: Aloys' gender is listed as female - she and hers instead of he and his...

I get what you're saying about the bogus laminate name, but it is any worse than "Premium 909 Finish" or "Apocalyptic Finish"?  We've seen those before, and I'm sure there's crazier names out there that USPC allows.

Simply put, USPC doesn't want the world to know that today there's very little differentiation between their brands.  We know what finishes and stocks they have, and that should be enough for us.  The card folks can advertise whatever they please - using dumbass finish names just shows a degree of ignorance on the seller's part of the intelligence of the potential customers she's selling to.

OK, bro?

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 11:57:32 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
sorry i never checked her gender and naturally assume its a him until told different. At least with those finishes its not someone saying they are bringing back an old finish.
Quote from: Aloys on Today at 02:07:03 AM
Thank you
Aloys!

Saying the cards will feel better using Linoid finish. Advertising bringing back a finish we know does not exist any more. the other decks had a name they chose that went with the deck.
Apocalyptic Finish - that had to deal with the theme correct?

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 12:15:58 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
sorry i never checked her gender and naturally assume its a him until told different. At least with those finishes its not someone saying they are bringing back an old finish.
Quote from: Aloys on Today at 02:07:03 AM
Thank you
Aloys!

Saying the cards will feel better using Linoid finish. Advertising bringing back a finish we know does not exist any more. the other decks had a name they chose that went with the deck.
Apocalyptic Finish - that had to deal with the theme correct?

As I said - she's underestimating the intelligence of a hefty portion of her customer base.  Then again, I'm sure there are enough people out here who would not only claim that Linoid is real because they use it on the Tally Ho decks, but that you can really tell the difference.  That you can blame on USPC as well as consumer gullibility!

"Apocalyptic Finish" was the name used by Diamond Jim on his Doomsday decks.  There were three varieties, I think.

Y'know, if she does use what USPC uses for Linoid, that being their standard finish, and she uses metallic inks on the cards, the performance is really gonna suck wind.  Considering that Magic Finish is the new default in the Custom Division, that's likely what will really be on the deck.

It's a shame she didn't see the benefit in marketing it that way instead of making claims to the contrary - it would have boosted consumer confidence in the performance considerably.  As it stands now though, the smart consumer doesn't truly know the real finish without actually buying the cards, and will probably stay away in decent numbers from this and future Aloys decks, at least until the reviews come in - by which time, the decks will probably be sold out, further discouraging smart consumers.

The worst retail business faux pas you could ever make is not knowing your customers, and worse, underestimating them.

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 09:53:06 AM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
The worst retail business faux pas you could ever make is not knowing your customers, and worse, underestimating them.
...then charging 11.95 for a standard deck.
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 03:06:45 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
--double post--

is there a way to delete this?

Not really.  Alex has the power, but he wields it very sparingly.

Tell me about it...  :))

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 05:47:34 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
It's a fully custom deck, but $11.95 is still overpriced.

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 06:42:02 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
not nearly as bad as 29.95 for a custom tuck box though. Don't get me wrong, I love the decks encarded has put out, but 11.95 for a very limited deck isn't exactly outrageous. That said, I will refer to my posts earlier in the thread about why I don't really like the idea in general, but given the circumstances I don't there's enough reason to get too up in arms about it.

hopefully "fully custom" doesn't just mean a recoloring of the court cards either. I think the blue court cards on the blue tune deck were pretty cool but I almost always prefer more customization than less. 11.95 per deck should mean full customization imo

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 03:51:59 AM »

4pm Designer

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Am I the only person who noticed they are releasing Eco card Clips? I'm wondering if these are THEE Eco Card Clips by Conjuring Creations which have given many of us a great deal of problems.
Creator of Legacy, The Grid, Grid 2.0 & Mythos: Necronomicon Bicycle® Playing Cards. CEO of 4PM DESIGNS.

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 03:03:27 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Am I the only person who noticed they are releasing Eco card Clips? I'm wondering if these are THEE Eco Card Clips by Conjuring Creations which have given many of us a great deal of problems.
I believe these are the Eco Clips from Conjuring Creations. CC is coming back.  :-\

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2012, 12:02:22 PM »

Aloys

• True Member

• Facebook:
Floral deck will be finished tomorrow.
Our FLORAL Deck is about to be completed, the website will open at next week.
Thanks for your support aloys design studio .
Aloys

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 09:11:57 AM »

Aloys

• True Member

• Facebook:
Aloys

I announce with a great honor that I received the notice today. USPCC has accomplished printing of all Floral Decks.
This is a type of incredible decks with very sophisticated design. USPCC spent three and a half months in completing the
production. Besides, the Seal is customized and they are printed with metallic printing ink.
Floral Deck has two colors. There are only 583 black decks produced. USPCC will ship the decks into our warehouse today.
Please pay close attention...
to our Facebook. We will hold competitions where you will have the opportunity to gain Floral Deck for free (Free Shipping). We will provide 12 black Floral Deck for free as the prize.
In addition, we also have produced 80 Floral ECO clips which will be added to your order form for free.
Please keep an eye on our Facebook and e-mail update for more information , thanks for your support aloys design studio.
We will be better for service, have any questions can send email contact to us, our staff will reply within 24 hours.
EMAIL : jessica93471@yahoo.com.my

Aloys Design Studio

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2012, 09:43:44 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Aloys

I announce with a great honor that I received the notice today. USPCC has accomplished printing of all Floral Decks.
This is a type of incredible decks with very sophisticated design. USPCC spent three and a half months in completing the
production. Besides, the Seal is customized and they are printed with metallic printing ink.
Floral Deck has two colors. There are only 583 black decks produced. USPCC will ship the decks into our warehouse today.
Please pay close attention...
to our Facebook. We will hold competitions where you will have the opportunity to gain Floral Deck for free (Free Shipping). We will provide 12 black Floral Deck for free as the prize.
In addition, we also have produced 80 Floral ECO clips which will be added to your order form for free.
Please keep an eye on our Facebook and e-mail update for more information , thanks for your support aloys design studio.
We will be better for service, have any questions can send email contact to us, our staff will reply within 24 hours.
EMAIL : jessica93471@yahoo.com.my

Aloys Design Studio

If you're going to be an active member of the community, we would love to hear from you.  But if all you're going to do is throw advertisements at us, we'll have them removed as spam and cancel your account.

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2012, 10:30:23 AM »

Aloys

• True Member

• Facebook:
I am sorry ,
I will not be in the information, give you trouble.
I will use new reading BBS regulations.

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2012, 12:09:39 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I am sorry ,
I will not be in the information, give you trouble.
I will use new reading BBS regulations.

As I said, you are welcome - but only if you're not going to spam us anymore.  Join a conversation or two.  Have fun.

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 11:28:56 AM »

Aloys

• True Member

• Facebook:
----------------

*100% custom artwork
* Custom tuck seal

New Photos,
Thanks!

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2012, 11:48:55 AM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
----------------

*100% custom artwork
* Custom tuck seal

New Photos,
Thanks!

Oh, man.
That black back looks really nice.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2012, 10:52:23 PM »

Aloys

• True Member

• Facebook:
----------------

*100% custom artwork
* Custom tuck seal

New Photos,
Thanks!

Oh, man.
That black back looks really nice.

Thanks, you love this deck!

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2012, 06:00:44 AM »

Adriaan

• Newcomer
Could be that I missed it, but is there a website?
Where can I have a better look at them, and buy them?

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2012, 06:27:29 AM »

Aloys

• True Member

• Facebook:
Could be that I missed it, but is there a website?
Where can I have a better look at them, and buy them?

Our website :http://aloysstudio.com/
Thanks you love this deck,  :)
Aloys!

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2012, 08:48:14 AM »

Aloys

• True Member

• Facebook:
----------------

*100% custom artwork
* Custom tuck seal

New Photos,
Thanks!

New Photo,,Thanks!

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2012, 09:47:49 AM »

Wilko

• True Member

• Twitter:
I think the deck looks really nice. I'd like to order a few. I went to the website & have entered my email address but I can't actually gain access to the purchasing page or any other page for that matter.
Has anyone purchased any if these yet? Am I missing something?
A friend got me the bluetunes so I havent purchased directly from aloys. Is this why I can't buy em?
Thanks

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2012, 01:00:32 PM »

Aloys

• True Member

• Facebook:
I think the deck looks really nice. I'd like to order a few. I went to the website & have entered my email address but I can't actually gain access to the purchasing page or any other page for that matter.
Has anyone purchased any if these yet? Am I missing something?
A friend got me the bluetunes so I havent purchased directly from aloys. Is this why I can't buy em?
Thanks

Hello Sir
Thank you for your support Aloys.
Floral Deck still has not been released .
You will received email soon..Get our latest news ...
This is new photo,,floral deck and floral clips..Hope you love!

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2012, 05:57:59 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
can't wait to get my hands on that smooth smooth linoid finish

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2012, 06:05:59 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

you know its not the real linoid finish right?

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2012, 12:07:02 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Linoid, as anything other than a marketing term, ceased to exist quite a while ago.

http://aethercards.com/discourse/playing-card-plethora/playing-cards-fact-or-fiction-myths-debunked-here/msg57412/#msg57412

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2012, 02:06:01 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran

http://theforvm.org/files/thats-the-joke.jpg

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2012, 08:17:51 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

http://theforvm.org/files/thats-the-joke.jpg

If you have to explain a joke, it's not really a joke, is it?  :))

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2012, 11:06:02 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
I'd argue that my subtle, dry humor is often lost on people here, through no fault of my own

« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2012, 02:36:25 PM »

Aloys

• True Member

• Facebook:
Aloys

Hello  every one
Merry Christmas! !

« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2012, 04:34:55 AM »

Aloys

• True Member

• Facebook:
Aloys

Hello  every one
Merry Christmas! !

Hello Everyone
Once again, thanks for you support Aloys design studio.
Now ,Our website is open.
Please check our website: http://www.aloysstudio.com/

Thank you
Aloys!

« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2012, 07:53:20 PM »

thecardician

• Newcomer
10 minutes to the release of the Red Floral!
Time to prepare for the browser refresh!

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2012, 08:06:38 PM »

thecardician

• Newcomer
Hmmm Strange,

I checked out my order and paid with my paypal account, but the site
seems not to be registering my payment :(
I hope it does not invalidating my order.
Anyone trying to order it?

Regards,

Alex Nunes

« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2012, 08:16:38 PM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
647 decks for the rest of you I got my 3!

Alex, Have a look at the top left of the page should be a My account link should have you order details in there.
Also did you get a paypal confirmation email?
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2012, 08:28:47 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
12 bucks per? I grudgingly accepted that price on the Aurum deck but I'm gonna have to pass on this one

also a bit hard to believe only 650 decks will be released. the economist/businessman in me is shouting bullshit so hard at that
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 08:30:41 PM by sr15 »

« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2012, 08:35:51 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I picked up a couple decks! Great design Aloys!

« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2012, 08:37:26 PM »

thecardician

• Newcomer
647 decks for the rest of you I got my 3!

Alex, Have a look at the top left of the page should be a My account link should have you order details in there.
Also did you get a paypal confirmation email?

Yes I did, but as I got my confirmation, I rest assured they will ship my order!
I got my 5 pack! By the way I got my aurums some weeks ago, they worth each dollar! However
is kind like expensive to keep buying decks with prices that high.

« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2012, 08:39:44 PM »

thecardician

• Newcomer
12 bucks per? I grudgingly accepted that price on the Aurum deck but I'm gonna have to pass on this one

also a bit hard to believe only 650 decks will be released. the economist/businessman in me is shouting bullshit so hard at that

I hope you are right about the 650 decks release, as one of your old posts about extreme small prints, I have to agree, it's really bad to collectors, Sr!

« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2012, 08:42:36 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
well the "bad for collectors" thing is somewhat besides the point. The minimum print for a deck run is 2500 IIRC, so Aloys will be sitting on 1850 decks if only 650 get released. I'm not sure how much it costs for a minimum print run at USPCC, but if your goal is to make money, sitting on nearly 75% of a deck run is a great way to go out of business fast.

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2012, 08:50:54 PM »

thecardician

• Newcomer

hmmm Sr they announced that:
"650 decks will be released. These will never be sold again!"
Do you believe that they are going to give the rest of the decks as a gift
for buyers of other products? (btw products they don´t have right now)

« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2012, 09:25:09 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

hmmm Sr they announced that:
"650 decks will be released. These will never be sold again!"
Do you believe that they are going to give the rest of the decks as a gift
for buyers of other products? (btw products they don´t have right now)

Guys, to play devil's advocate, it's not that far-fetched to withhold a chunk of a print run for personal use.  David Blaine does it all the time.  Most of his decks were designed originally for him to use personally and were only later released to the public.

Having said that, I know who David Blaine is, but I have no clue who Aloys is.

« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2012, 10:56:26 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
I'm aware of that but I doubt that's the case

« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2013, 07:55:12 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
BLACK FLORAL COLLECTOR BOX - RELEASED TODAY AT 8PM EST

Collector's box' Only 175 in stock ! $49.95 !will be released at 8 P.M. (EST) this Friday (Jan 25th).
http://www.aloysstudio.com/goods-41723.html

Info:
"Collector's box', our new product, will be available in our store.

We know how important it is to keep your cards in the best shape possible, especially for passionate cardists and hard working magicians such as yourself. The COLLECTOR BOX will always keep your cards in top condition and with some added style to your image.

'Collector's box', our new product, will be available in our store with a limited production of 175 boxes.
This is the only way to get the collection of black deck publicly. The collection box includes a red deck, a black deck, a collection box and the unique certification.

We are proud to present the Aloys Collection exclusively to you, our loyal supporter!! AND for an added treat, we are offering a free gift as a small token of our appreciation for your support.

If you buy 2 Floral Collector ,our will as a free gift(Floral limited Clips) to you ."

CBJ

« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2013, 01:49:59 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
I had 50 bucks burning a hole in my pocket I would probably buy that. looks really nice

« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2013, 10:27:17 PM »

PlayingKards

These cards and the whole idea of only 500 decks sounds like crap to me. They are trying to make there cards ''rare'' just by saying theres only 500 decks? Sounds pathetic. I won't be buying these unless I get more information on them that changes my mind.

« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2013, 06:01:26 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I received my Floral boxes today and I have to say that I am very pleased! They were packaged EXCEPTIONALLY well. The boxes themselves are much higher quality than I was expecting. They are well constructed, sturdy, and the black finish is very smooth, very piano-like. The silver foil Floral logo on the lid is centered, and a high quality print. The inside of the compartment that holds the cards is flocked to provide additional protection for the cards. I have quite a few Red Floral decks already, and it's nice to have some Black Florals now as well. The design is even more striking in black! My only gripe is that I wish that the box itself, as well as the two card decks, were numbered to match the card insert. Maybe a special seal with the number, or something along those lines, even if that meant no cellophane. Overall, a beautiful set and worth the selling price and more!

I don't have a use for clips but the included Floral one is very nice, and well made and a good logo cut, considering the tough bamboo construction. It's a nice addition.

« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2013, 10:53:19 PM »

g-low

I was so close to getting these upon release but the price with shipping turned me off. Too bad because they look amazing.

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2013, 11:03:04 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
I was so close to getting these upon release but the price with shipping turned me off. Too bad because they look amazing.

And that is the exact unfortunate reason as to why the Floral Deck is not part of my collection. If the price tag was a little lower I would be looking at them right now. Too bad money doesn't come as easily to me as new projects are started on Kickstarter :))
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2013, 07:56:37 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Hmmm...the Aloys website has "Coming soon" listed in the description for...BLACK Florals!

« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2013, 08:15:41 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
I'm a huge fan of these floral decks. And the thought of being able to purchase some black decks is exciting!
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2013, 08:41:48 PM »

Pacis

• Forum Regular
Not so exciting when you look at the shipping prices...

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2013, 09:10:56 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Not so exciting when you look at the shipping prices...

Yeah, the shipping is way overpriced.  I paid $11.50 for a Priority Mail package that only costs about $6 to ship...

« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2013, 09:50:10 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
Got this email about six hours ago from Aloys:

"The black version of FLORAL deck will be released at eight o’clock (EST) in the evening on the 12th this month.
This is an amazing deck which looks nobler than the red deck."

Now this I'm looking forward to!

« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2013, 06:26:40 PM »

magimago

Usually i prefer black decks, in this case, red is my fav.
Game or Thrones is addicting

« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2013, 09:21:46 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty

I am partial to black decks as well and that holds true for the Floral decks. Due mainly to the fact that it is black but also because these black decks were more difficult to obtain.

« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2013, 09:44:31 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I am partial to black decks as well and that holds true for the Floral decks. Due mainly to the fact that it is black but also because these black decks were more difficult to obtain.

You're partial to a deck - because it's more difficult to obtain?  WHY?

Does that mean if I made a limited edition of one, you'd be freakin' out trying to get it when I put it on sale, paying any price?  No matter how beautiful or ugly?

« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2013, 10:20:59 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty

You're partial to a deck - because it's more difficult to obtain?  WHY?

Does that mean if I made a limited edition of one, you'd be freakin' out trying to get it when I put it on sale, paying any price?  No matter how beautiful or ugly?

I said I was partial mainly because of the color and the difficulty to obtain it was only part of the reason. And that is a perk to me :)) not necessarily an indication that I'd pay no attention to the price :P now I might freak out for a little... But it fades away. Now how aesthetically pleasing it is is of course a given.

How about this: a beautiful deck (in my opinion) that is affordable (in my opinion) is a must have for me. A deck like this can come in two colors. If one color is more difficult to obtain that color suddenly becomes just a tad more attractive than the other color. Doesn't mean they both aren't beautiful. And it definitely doesn't mean the "rarer color" rule of thumb applies to ugly and/or expensive decks.

« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2013, 11:21:41 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I said I was partial mainly because of the color and the difficulty to obtain it was only part of the reason. And that is a perk to me :)) not necessarily an indication that I'd pay no attention to the price :P now I might freak out for a little... But it fades away. Now how aesthetically pleasing it is is of course a given.

How about this: a beautiful deck (in my opinion) that is affordable (in my opinion) is a must have for me. A deck like this can come in two colors. If one color is more difficult to obtain that color suddenly becomes just a tad more attractive than the other color. Doesn't mean they both aren't beautiful. And it definitely doesn't mean the "rarer color" rule of thumb applies to ugly and/or expensive decks.

I would never consider a deck's rarity as a criteria for choosing it.  Some of my favorite decks are as common as dirt.  The closest rarity becomes a factor in my decision making is as it affects price - and a deck that's too costly to obtain is one that I stop pursuing unless I can get it more reasonably.  It's rare that I'll pay more than, say, $20-30 for a deck, unless it's vintage, and for those decks, depending on specific model, condition, etc., that's considered cheap so I'm willing to go just a bit higher.  I have a bid in right now for a deck at the 52+J auction that ends tonight.

But back to my point - a deck's rarity doesn't trigger a sudden desire in me to want it more than I did before factoring in its rarity.  In fact, rarity doesn't even factor in.

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2013, 12:11:07 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty

I would never consider a deck's rarity as a criteria for choosing it.  Some of my favorite decks are as common as dirt.  The closest rarity becomes a factor in my decision making is as it affects price - and a deck that's too costly to obtain is one that I stop pursuing unless I can get it more reasonably.  It's rare that I'll pay more than, say, $20-30 for a deck, unless it's vintage, and for those decks, depending on specific model, condition, etc., that's considered cheap so I'm willing to go just a bit higher.  I have a bid in right now for a deck at the 52+J auction that ends tonight.

But back to my point - a deck's rarity doesn't trigger a sudden desire in me to want it more than I did before factoring in its rarity.  In fact, rarity doesn't even factor in.

I wouldn't consider myself a vintage deck collector seeing as I don't purposely collect vintage decks nor do I own any. With that said, I haven't spent more than $16 on any of my decks. And I guess that's something that sets us apart. Rarity does play a small roll in if I decide to buy a deck from a provider other than the original sellers.

That's why I want this black deck  ;D

« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2013, 10:40:12 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I have to agree with Michael. Rarity does make me try a bit harder to get a deck, provided that I like the deck though. I have quite a number of the rare editions of the Aurum series. It's a beautiful deck in general, but I especially love the rare editions. Granted, that's a bit different (limited white numbered edition, laser cut edition, Lucite edition) since Encarded's rare editions are different than the original other than color. I like the black Florals (like the Red as well), it's just icing on the cake about the "rarity". It's like buying a limited edition art print, it has an exclusivity factor and when you decide to sell it (if you do), there's a good chance that someone else is looking for that same exclusivity. Old decks sell for much more than they originally did (even after the price is adjusted for modern dollars/inflation) due simply to rarity, and supply/demand. I like Artisans, Monarchs, Split Spades, and others and have a lot of them even though they are open editions. If I'm not a fan of the design, rarity is irrelevant since I'm not buying with the intent to resell for a profit. It's simply a matter of preference, but the fact that a lot of the "rarer" editions sell out quickly shows that at least some others have the same mentality.

I'll be online to get my black Florals because I like them, and also because there aren't 25,000 of them floating around. As always, buy what makes you happy! :-)

« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2013, 11:33:02 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I have to agree with Michael. Rarity does make me try a bit harder to get a deck, provided that I like the deck though. I have quite a number of the rare editions of the Aurum series. It's a beautiful deck in general, but I especially love the rare editions. Granted, that's a bit different (limited white numbered edition, laser cut edition, Lucite edition) since Encarded's rare editions are different than the original other than color. I like the black Florals (like the Red as well), it's just icing on the cake about the "rarity". It's like buying a limited edition art print, it has an exclusivity factor and when you decide to sell it (if you do), there's a good chance that someone else is looking for that same exclusivity. Old decks sell for much more than they originally did (even after the price is adjusted for modern dollars/inflation) due simply to rarity, and supply/demand. I like Artisans, Monarchs, Split Spades, and others and have a lot of them even though they are open editions. If I'm not a fan of the design, rarity is irrelevant since I'm not buying with the intent to resell for a profit. It's simply a matter of preference, but the fact that a lot of the "rarer" editions sell out quickly shows that at least some others have the same mentality.

I'll be online to get my black Florals because I like them, and also because there aren't 25,000 of them floating around. As always, buy what makes you happy! :-)

Your comparison with old decks leaves out an important detail - most of them were never made rare in the first place.  They were printed in the tens or hundreds of thousands.  They became rare because they're ephemera - they were never meant to last in the first place, and true to form, they didn't other than a few rare examples.

Making something brand new rare is artificial inflation of its rarity.  Sure, it's "rare", but when everything becomes "rare", is anything really rare anymore?

« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2013, 09:11:28 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Don, that's a good point, and that's precisely why I don't just buy decks because of "rarity", whether real, or perceived. If I am 50/50 on whether or not I'm going to buy a deck, and it's a fairly rare release, that *may* be the tipping point for me. The deck has to appeal to me though. I could certainly obtain many *rare* decks out there now, but I don't because I don't like them. The old decks were printed by the thousands, or tens of thousands, and are "rare" just because there weren't many saved. Ok, If there are 2500 of a modern deck, and most are used by magicians, cardists, or poker players, doesn't that equate to the same thing? Thousands were printed but the deck is a bit more scarce because few are left in their unopened state. As time goes by, more will be sold/opened/damaged/lost/et cetera, making this modern release rare as well. It's just a modern era deck versus an older deck. That gives you the ability to collect the more scarce antique decks, and lets me collect the more scarce modern decks, which are the antique decks of the future. As I have stated, I don't just buy a deck because it's rare, or scarce, but if a deck that I like is one of those, it's a bonus, and may very well contribute to the overall valuation of the deck if I ever want to sell it in the future. To each his, or her, own.

« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2013, 01:46:25 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Don, that's a good point, and that's precisely why I don't just buy decks because of "rarity", whether real, or perceived. If I am 50/50 on whether or not I'm going to buy a deck, and it's a fairly rare release, that *may* be the tipping point for me. The deck has to appeal to me though. I could certainly obtain many *rare* decks out there now, but I don't because I don't like them. The old decks were printed by the thousands, or tens of thousands, and are "rare" just because there weren't many saved. Ok, If there are 2500 of a modern deck, and most are used by magicians, cardists, or poker players, doesn't that equate to the same thing? Thousands were printed but the deck is a bit more scarce because few are left in their unopened state. As time goes by, more will be sold/opened/damaged/lost/et cetera, making this modern release rare as well. It's just a modern era deck versus an older deck. That gives you the ability to collect the more scarce antique decks, and lets me collect the more scarce modern decks, which are the antique decks of the future. As I have stated, I don't just buy a deck because it's rare, or scarce, but if a deck that I like is one of those, it's a bonus, and may very well contribute to the overall valuation of the deck if I ever want to sell it in the future. To each his, or her, own.

There's something to consider here - the intent of the creator when the deck was made.  USPC sells Bicycle Rider Backs practically as a commodity; plentiful and cheap, easily obtained.  One of these "2500 made" decks is a different story - even at the MSRP many are as expensive as 5 to 10 packs of Rider Backs, never mind the aftermarket value.  It's reaching the point where the deck is not really being sold as a deck so much as it is a fetish object - designed to be rare and expensive before the ink's even had a chance to dry on the deck sheet...

« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2013, 10:35:32 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Don, you are exactly right. So many scream "RARE, RARE, RARE" that "rare" has almost lost its true meaning. I used to factor rarity more into my "should I buy it" equation. Now, it's almost as much of a given to have "RARE" attached to the description of a deck as the word Bicycle.

« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2013, 09:55:52 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
More info:

Black Floral Deck NEWS!

We will release all Black FLORAL decks at 8:00pm (EST) on Friday in this week, with a total of 380 decks.
Thank you for your support of Aloys Store. Please pay attention to our website changes.
The official selling price is 12.95USD,buy 12 or more you will get 10% discount.
I will hold the competition again on facebook. I hope you can win our prize - -Black Floral Collector Box.  Wish you lucky!
As long as they are sold out, they will never appear in our store.
Please seize the opportunity .

Thank you for your subscription Aloys news.
Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/#!/bluetune.aloys
websit:http://www.aloysstudio.com/

« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2013, 03:43:23 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
For those that may be interested in shipping times, I received my tracking number on 4/20. Acceptance in Shanghai, China.