You are Here:
Gold Artifice -- Black Club renewal

Author (Read 11317 times)

Re: Gold Artifice !!!
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2013, 02:48:32 PM »

DJT

We have charmin and Kleenex in th uk lol don't forget plenty ( formerly bounty ) lol
Anyway, I thought someone stated something about their being limited to 6 decks each?

Who said that?

BTW: the US still has Bounty.

It's stated on the flyer also, here's a link for it. http://aethercards.com/discourse/playing-card-plethora/gold-artifice-black-club-renewal/ Maybe a merge?

Interesting because the email I received above stated they will be giving you 3 when you renew and the flyer states you get one ( I have gotten that flyer just been awhile since I looked at it).  Obvious this "reward" is fluid as I looks like you will probably be getting 3 with your renewal as the email was just sent out. I am curious to know if you will in fact be able to buy an additional 6 for a total of 9 decks, and the reason I bring that up is because the renewal amount if obviously different which seems like they are trying to nail down the "reward".

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2013, 03:49:25 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
If Ellusionist really want the deck to come across as being 'ultra rare' and valuable, then they probably won't want to allow very many (such as 9 decks -- 3 for renewing BC membership, and the option to buy 6 extra) to go out... because the majority of the additional purchased decks will probably end up on eBay!
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2013, 05:02:43 PM »

DJT

If Ellusionist really want the deck to come across as being 'ultra rare' and valuable, then they probably won't want to allow very many (such as 9 decks -- 3 for renewing BC membership, and the option to buy 6 extra) to go out... because the majority of the additional purchased decks will probably end up on eBay!

E probably looks at it solely as a give away and limited deck for promotion of the Black Club. I doubt they care if the decks are on eBay, they even mentioned eBay in the letter they sent out. That being said to get the decks you have to pay the renewal price and then for the additional deck above and beyond the 3 you will need to pay the premium deck price. Look like a good money making play for E. eBay is an afterthought IMO.

BTW all limited deck releases (not sure if this is a limited release) are usually 5k runs as stated by Brad from E. Potentially limited supply, with limited release.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 05:06:06 PM by DJT »

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2013, 09:17:40 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
I actually think that looks beautiful. Awesome tuck.

Although, it kind of annoys me that Ellusionist is making their best decks available only to Black Club members. Some of us just simply can't afford to drop 200 bucks on a membership. Then again, I guess it's fantastic for members. I'm glad that Ellusionist caters to their membership holders, unlike some other companies. *cough*D&D*cough*

If any Black Club member picks up multiples, I'd gladly drop some cash for one.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2013, 02:54:51 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

It's stated on the flyer also, here's a link for it. http://aethercards.com/discourse/playing-card-plethora/gold-artifice-black-club-renewal/ Maybe a merge?

Merged.  There does appear to be contradictory information, but I'd consider the email to be the more reliable of the two.  It stated renewals would get three (right?) but I don't recall it saying anything about purchasing extras.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: Gold Artifice -- Black Club renewal
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2013, 08:28:33 AM »

MagikFingerz

• Forum Regular
Right now, there isn't an option to buy jacksquat.  Patience, young grasshoppers...  All of this is RUMOR, other than the facts that a) the deck exists, b) only Black Club members will have access and
c) it's the LAST Artifice design E is making.

Bah, I've heard that one before. Not that I don't expect them to keep such a promise, but I won't be surprised if they don't.
- Tom

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2013, 08:34:29 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Right now, there isn't an option to buy jacksquat.  Patience, young grasshoppers...  All of this is RUMOR, other than the facts that a) the deck exists, b) only Black Club members will have access and

Bah, I've heard that one before. Not that I don't expect them to keep such a promise, but I won't be surprised if they don't.

When did you hear it?  I don't recall it, but then again, I'm forgetf...what were we talking about?  :))

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2013, 09:43:41 AM »

MagikFingerz

• Forum Regular

When did you hear it?  I don't recall it, but then again, I'm forgetf...what were we talking about?  :))

Not from E I think, at least not this particular statement. Off the top of my head D$D said this after S&M V6.

When you get to a certain point you treat all major card producers in the same cynical way. None of them are perfect, that's for damn sure  ::)
- Tom

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2013, 11:48:19 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
There should be a USPCC minimum print run of 2,500 (or more, depending on their order size) so no matter how exclusive the group that it's offered to, there should be a decent supply on eBay soon. They won't be cheap, at least initially, but it's a cheaper alternative than joining their club, if you don't want to for whatever reason.

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2013, 01:00:42 PM »

MagikFingerz

• Forum Regular
There should be a USPCC minimum print run of 2,500 (or more, depending on their order size) so no matter how exclusive the group that it's offered to, there should be a decent supply on eBay soon. They won't be cheap, at least initially, but it's a cheaper alternative than joining their club, if you don't want to for whatever reason.

I believe E usually prints 5000 of their "limited" decks, so you're probably right.
- Tom

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2013, 01:16:42 PM »

10ofclubs

• Discourse Veteran
I actually think that looks beautiful. Awesome tuck.

Although, it kind of annoys me that Ellusionist is making their best decks available only to Black Club members. Some of us just simply can't afford to drop 200 bucks on a membership. Then again, I guess it's fantastic for members. I'm glad that Ellusionist caters to their membership holders, unlike some other companies. *cough*D&D*cough*

If any Black Club member picks up multiples, I'd gladly drop some cash for one.

I was in the same boat as you. I thought it was a little bit pricey but on Cyber Monday it was only 110 dollars and they gave me the 5% Black Club discount on the already discounted products.

My question is, since I just joined last month, will the deck be available to me?

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2013, 01:28:33 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Although, it kind of annoys me that Ellusionist is making their best decks available only to Black Club members.

I don't agree. The black club artifice decks are a nice extra for joining black club but not the best deck(s) by a long shot. I just joined black club during the Cyber Monday promotion. Before joining I was able to get every deck I wanted from E this year (All 6 Madison Decks).
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 02:22:01 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2014, 04:24:23 AM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
So my moment to renew is almost here and i still haven't received any kind of email from E talking about this new Gold Artifice...

I recently purchased some decks from them and i still didn't get the flyer talking about the gold artifice...

Am i hallucinating or what?

Thats one deck i do want to have and it seems that nobody knows nothing about it... (besides all the info here...)

Do we (members of the BC) have any option here?  :o
Form Follows Function

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2014, 06:33:31 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
So my moment to renew is almost here and i still haven't received any kind of email from E talking about this new Gold Artifice...

I recently purchased some decks from them and i still didn't get the flyer talking about the gold artifice...

Am i hallucinating or what?

Thats one deck i do want to have and it seems that nobody knows nothing about it... (besides all the info here...)

Do we (members of the BC) have any option here?  :o

It's pretty simple - until the Gold Artifice decks are ready, present Gold Club members whose memberships were due to expire are getting a free ride on membership - an extension, gratis, courtesy of Ellusionist.  When it becomes available, we'll receive notice with the offer to renew and to get the deck, probably on similar terms to how we obtained the Black Club Artifice deck.

Relax.  Enjoy the ride.

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2014, 01:55:48 PM »

vmagic

So now it's the Gold Club? lol

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2014, 09:44:47 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
So now it's the Gold Club? lol

Ha.  I was tired.

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2014, 04:18:53 PM »

vmagic

Well Gold Club does sound more prestigious than Black Club, lol. Anyway it's pretty ridiculous that E have dropped the ball on this thing, I mean it's only been delayed for 3 months now and they keep extending memberships like every 3 days!

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2014, 11:44:41 PM »

vmagic

Renewals are finally here! Seems new club members are out of luck when it comes to the Gold Artifice!

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2014, 06:28:14 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Renewals are finally here! Seems new club members are out of luck when it comes to the Gold Artifice!

I have no problem with renewal members getting first crack. I will be very disappointed if new Black Club members are not given the same opportunity to pick these up at the $25 price point.

We did not pay for Black Club to be left out in the cold.

@Don
You might have been tired (gold club) but I think you were on to something. This feels like a club within the club.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 11:24:38 AM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2014, 11:20:55 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2014, 11:25:35 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
After seeing pictures of it, I'm going to pass. I really dislike that ugly club that's used for Black Club and the AoC. I thought this would be a normal black and gold artifice deck. Thank you for saving me some money.

If your someone who what's this deck and is a new Black Club member, I would not spend more then $35 for it. Wait till they lower it.

« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2014, 01:51:46 PM »

vmagic

Yeah that's somewhat disappointing.

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2014, 02:52:58 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

What makes you say that?  All Black Club members will get their crack at these - when they renew after their first year.  Hey, I could complain that I don't get more Black Artifice just because I'm renewing - but that would be WHINING, Victor.  It's a simple matter of seniority - that's what E chose, I see no reason to make such a stink about it.

BC renewals get three decks right off the back and the option to purchase up to four more at $25 a piece.  Try telling me with a straight face that these won't end up on eBay for the people who were too impatient to wait for theirs or who never joined in the first place...

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2014, 03:11:35 PM »

vmagic

What makes you say that?  All Black Club members will get their crack at these - when they renew after their first year.  Hey, I could complain that I don't get more Black Artifice just because I'm renewing - but that would be WHINING, Victor.  It's a simple matter of seniority - that's what E chose, I see no reason to make such a stink about it.

BC renewals get three decks right off the back and the option to purchase up to four more at $25 a piece.  Try telling me with a straight face that these won't end up on eBay for the people who were too impatient to wait for theirs or who never joined in the first place...

I wasn't making a big stink about it and I am a renewing member so i'm getting them. It just seems newer members thought they would be and/or should be able to get them right now. I am 100% for Ellusionists decision to make it only for renewing members.

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2014, 03:17:06 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

Victor is not the only one complaining. Yes, Victor has earned his whining status but theres nothing wrong with being "disappointed".

Don makes a good point about eBay. The thing I don't understand is why $250 or $100 for that matter. Those that are able to buy these for $25 will under sell Ellusionist on eBay. Is this E trying bring value to the Club? They basically want you to sell them with this sales approach. I would think E would rather have people buy from them, not eBay for less?

Even if I was still interested (and I'm not). By the time our turn to renew comes around, this deck will be sold out, or a second printing. The way I see it, either your a member or your not.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 03:49:22 PM by !An0nym0u5 »