You are Here:
Gold Artifice -- Black Club renewal

Author (Read 11319 times)

Re: Gold Artifice -- Black Club renewal
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2014, 05:10:33 PM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
Are you sure new members cant buy them from the black club store? From the description it looks like  any black club member can buy them for $25 but only renewing members get the 3 free. Try sticking one in the cart and see if it discounts.

Im a little confused as to  the Value of the Black Club. From the outside it looks like for $150 a member gets 30 cents off per deck, a glowing wristband, an empty box, a member card to ... do whatever it is you do with that thing, and the privilege of buying "rare" items. Which include a ring and different colored artifice cards. Am I missing something?

Also.. The price on those decks seems a bit ridiculous. 25$ direct from the distributer seems silly.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 05:11:26 PM by DarkDerp »
I like to call paper coatings a finish. It makes Don happy.

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2014, 05:44:28 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Are you sure new members cant buy them from the black club store? From the description it looks like  any black club member can buy them for $25 but only renewing members get the 3 free. Try sticking one in the cart and see if it discounts.

Im a little confused as to  the Value of the Black Club. From the outside it looks like for $150 a member gets 30 cents off per deck, a glowing wristband, an empty box, a member card to ... do whatever it is you do with that thing, and the privilege of buying "rare" items. Which include a ring and different colored artifice cards. Am I missing something?

Also.. The price on those decks seems a bit ridiculous. 25$ direct from the distributer seems silly.

SPECIAL NOTE
If the Gold Artifice Deck is added to your cart before renewal, the deck will show in cart full retail price. This is solely to deter customers who haven't yet renewed from purchasing the deck. If you have renewed and the correct price of $25 is not displayed in cart, please contact us.

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2014, 02:44:31 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Victor is not the only one complaining. Yes, Victor has earned his whining status but theres nothing wrong with being "disappointed".

Don makes a good point about eBay. The thing I don't understand is why $250 or $100 for that matter. Those that are able to buy these for $25 will under sell Ellusionist on eBay. Is this E trying bring value to the Club? They basically want you to sell them with this sales approach. I would think E would rather have people buy from them, not eBay for less?

Even if I was still interested (and I'm not). By the time our turn to renew comes around, this deck will be sold out, or a second printing. The way I see it, either your a member or your not.

Well, that's an assumption.  We don't know how many of these decks were printed, and E is not telling.  My guess would be that they made perhaps twice as many of these as they did the Black Artifice, since members are getting access to roughly twice as many.  You can't assume it will be a sellout or a second printing by the time you buy yours, based on the information provided.  If anything, now that they've been at this thing for a year-plus, they probably have a pretty clear idea of the demand for memberships and quantities needed.

BTW: cute name change!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2014, 08:25:25 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

It had to be done. Its not the Name that makes the Being, its the Being that makes the Name.

Did you happen to be in Brooklyn on Wednesday Night @ Ellusionist Studio?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 05:55:14 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2014, 03:19:31 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

It had to be done. Its not the Name that makes the Being, its the Being that makes the Name.

Yeah, it was pretty good fun!  Found a few familiar faces there as well as "the talent"!  Lots of socializing, followed by a brief video shoot.  Hopefully I'll be back there sometime in the future.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2014, 09:16:42 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

Yeah, it was pretty good fun!  Found a few familiar faces there as well as "the talent"!  Lots of socializing, followed by a brief video shoot.  Hopefully I'll be back there sometime in the future.

Yeah... One day. I guess I'm party pooped. lol Magicians are a mixed bag. You never know who you will meet and I'm not a magician. If I knew earlier, I would have rented a limo and dragged a few out to the Island. Pick up JMROCK on the way. lol