Author (Read 49919 times)

Re: Aether Cards Second Deck; Harlequin Series
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2012, 03:48:21 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Well if I go with Kickstarter, I won't be limiting how many decks someone can buy, but I will be limiting the rewards (i.e. only 5 people can buy 144 decks).

If we go with a website launch, then there will be no limit imposed.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2012, 03:51:23 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
also if you make an art piece please  make a reward have that an uncutt and a few decks, cause that is why i will be hoping to buy.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2012, 03:51:32 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Well if I go with Kickstarter, I won't be limiting how many decks someone can buy, but I will be limiting the rewards (i.e. only 5 people can buy 144 decks).

If we go with a website launch, then there will be no limit imposed.
Lets hope everyone doesnt get mad if they miss out... like Ellusionists red artifice sale.

« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2012, 03:52:38 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
speaking of the website... when should we be expecting that to come up?
have you heard the word???

« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2012, 03:54:39 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
if i remember right alex said it was coming in the spring.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2012, 03:56:01 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
These are being released in the Spring according to this teaser:

« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2012, 06:54:41 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Well spring is right around the corner! I was wondering about the website as well. I'm expecting late Feb. or early March.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2012, 01:52:22 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Well spring is right around the corner! I was wondering about the website as well. I'm expecting late Feb. or early March.

Well, the Spring Equinox of 2012 occurs on March 20, and the deck is expected in the spring, so I'd have to say the estimate may be incorrect.  And spring doesn't END until the Summer Solstice comes on June 20, 2012.  True, the website could be earlier than the deck, but fundraising hasn't even started yet and he has nothing to sell now other than what's in Alex's Card Shop - there's little reason to put up a site yet.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2012, 01:57:58 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Well, the Spring Equinox of 2012 occurs on March 20, and the deck is expected in the spring, so I'd have to say the estimate may be incorrect.  And spring doesn't END until the Summer Solstice comes on June 20, 2012.  True, the website could be earlier than the deck, but fundraising hasn't even started yet and he has nothing to sell now other than what's in Alex's Card Shop - there's little reason to put up a site yet.

The website is different than the deck. I would expect the website at the end of this month or early next month. He wrote in a post a while ago that he expected it to be not long after the Discourse V2 went live and that should be coming up soon. Also what fundraising? Sure he might need a little, but he hasn't made a big deal about needing a big fundraiser before the site goes live.

The deck is a different story. I didn't talk about that releasing any other time besides Spring. I also didn't even mention when in Spring.

« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2012, 04:14:18 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

The website is different than the deck. I would expect the website at the end of this month or early next month. He wrote in a post a while ago that he expected it to be not long after the Discourse V2 went live and that should be coming up soon. Also what fundraising? Sure he might need a little, but he hasn't made a big deal about needing a big fundraiser before the site goes live.

The deck is a different story. I didn't talk about that releasing any other time besides Spring. I also didn't even mention when in Spring.

I know the difference.  Fundraising is either done by Kickstarter, a similar company or on his own site.  Alex mentioned possibly going with Kickstarter, so it sounds like he's looking into maybe doing some fundraising.

Until he gets something off the ground with his new deck, the website isn't totally necessary - yet.  He had a hugely successful (though not terribly profitable) kickoff with Vortex without anything more than this forum; he sold every single deck he intended to sell.  Since websites cost money, I figured deferring the cost until it was genuinely needed would be a good way to help become more profitable this time around.  My apologies if I was a little pedantic in trying to get that across.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2012, 05:42:35 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
The website is in development on a separate timeline from the deck. If the website is done by the time I finish the cards, the launch will be on the site. Otherwise, I'll use KS as the platform again.

The advantage to KS is bringing in new fans to the hobby. I can't even count how many active members on this forum began their collecting with the Vortex Kickstarter. So launching via KS is also a new chance to grow the site.

Of course, the big disadvantage isn't just the 10% fees, but Amazon reporting to the IRS your pre-fee income. In other words, the IRS thinks I made $32k instead of the $27k I actually received.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2012, 05:48:58 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Okay that's what I thought. Thanks for clearing that up. I think Kickstarter would be a great route to go, especially in bringing in new fans and Discourse members. It's been awesome seeing the community grow from this forum and everything went along with the first deck and it will be great to see that happen again!

« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2012, 04:13:24 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
Aethercards Facebook just hit 3,210 likes can we see the next teaser show the back of the card !!

« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2012, 12:59:14 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I think there should be more the  2,000 sold. Honestly, who couldn't like this back design?

« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2012, 01:05:35 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I think there should be more the  2,000 sold. Honestly, who couldn't like this back design?

Yeah the back design is incredible!! These 2,000 are going to be gone insanely fast. No doubt in my mind. I love both the design and the colors. I cannot wait to see the fronts of the cards *drool*

MagicAddictz your picture didn't show up for me...

« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2012, 01:10:00 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Yeah the back design is incredible!! These 2,000 are going to be gone insanely fast. No doubt in my mind. I love both the design and the colors. I cannot wait to see the fronts of the cards *drool*

MagicAddictz your picture didn't show up for me...
It shows up fine for me... thats weird

« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2012, 01:14:33 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
That looks amazing! Although may I ask why it isn`t branded under bee if it is a remake of the bee deck?
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2012, 01:20:31 AM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
it's not a remake of the bee it was inspired by the bee deck i am going to buy this deck to.

« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2012, 01:22:49 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Because the face art is by and large a remake of Bicycle art, and I am saving the Bee branding for a deck that is actually 100% Bee (no borders, bleed design, made for card cheats).
Forum Founder.

« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2012, 01:30:53 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Because the face art is by and large a remake of Bicycle art, and I am saving the Bee branding for a deck that is actually 100% Bee (no borders, bleed design, made for card cheats).
Ok, Sounds awesome. :)
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2012, 08:06:07 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:

OK, and can I pre-order 2 bricks while it's still just an idea in your head?!

These cards look amazing; I'm pretty sure if you read back across the 1k posts I've made, a good few have been about how people tend to be uncreative with the border and it's just a straight frame around the deck; I'm SO happy these didn't do that and even happier that there could be a card cheat deck coming in the future, Bee branded.  That's like you've actually custom made a concept specifically for me.

« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2012, 08:23:12 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
Regarding the card cheat deck, can it be traditionally cut? Like Richard Turners gold seal?
Some Men just want to watch the world burn.

« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2012, 10:48:10 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

OK, and can I pre-order 2 bricks while it's still just an idea in your head?!

These cards look amazing; I'm pretty sure if you read back across the 1k posts I've made, a good few have been about how people tend to be uncreative with the border and it's just a straight frame around the deck; I'm SO happy these didn't do that and even happier that there could be a card cheat deck coming in the future, Bee branded.  That's like you've actually custom made a concept specifically for me.

Haha if we are making pre-orders on the idea in his head I'll take a brick and a half!! haha :P In all seriousness this is another amazing looking deck.

« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2012, 10:51:00 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
If he took pre-orders, there would be no real sale! They'd be gone in a minute!

« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2012, 11:20:19 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
Hahaha true that :) We'll just have to wait to the kickstarter...
Some Men just want to watch the world burn.