You are Here:
Arcana Playing Cards by Chris Ovdiyenko (KS)

Author (Read 9628 times)

Re: Arcana Playing Cards by Chris Ovdiyenko (KS)
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2015, 03:44:36 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Funded sixteen hours ago at over US$190K!  Not bad at all...

I hope he does BackerKit - I think I want to get some more of the non-limited stuff.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2015, 04:57:08 AM »

Magasaki

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
He says he's doing backerkit which is awesome because I think I need to re-add the kerchief to my pledge. I'm pleased I finally went for the gilded decks but it was preeeety expensive!
Collection and Blog - www.magasaki.com
Studio - www.designsharp.co.uk
Blog Facebook - www.facebook.com/magasakicards
Personal Facebook - www.facebook.com/tommajski

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2015, 06:24:09 AM »

EvanEssence

• Forum Regular

I pledged from another account for just the poker decks to be sure of getting them mid-year.

/bama

I worried about that too, but he wrote in the comments that on backer kit you will be able to specify if you want everything in one bundle in December, or if you want things shipped to you as they're finished (I am assuming in two bundles to save on shipping).

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2015, 06:27:21 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I'm pleased I finally went for the gilded decks but it was preeeety expensive!

True, I was on the reward page for over 5 minutes thinking over and over again whether or not I should get it... Finally I had to give up.. Happy wallet but I regret it deep down...
Back for more

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2015, 07:06:43 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I'm pleased I finally went for the gilded decks but it was preeeety expensive!

True, I was on the reward page for over 5 minutes thinking over and over again whether or not I should get it... Finally I had to give up.. Happy wallet but I regret it deep down...

I've noticed that a good indicator of a tier not being for me is when I have to think about it for more than two seconds haha. I didn't get in on the Gilded Edition either, which is not normal for me at all, but the tier wasn't for me. There's quite a few reasons why not with no real point in getting into them really. The ultimate reason for me though was, I'm not a print guy. I'm a deck guy.

I'm a backer of these decks and I'm very pleased with the tier I chose. Didn't break the bank for the month and I got in with what I'd very likely use. Win/Win in my estimation even though I didn't go in heavily, I didn't feel I needed to. 3,198 other backers brought forth a ton of support and made these happen in a pretty awesome way. I'm more prone to go heavy on a deck that I like and isn't a funding daemon, than I am on a deck that I like and is a funding powerhouse. Unless I can't live with out it of course, which I know within two seconds of seeing the pledge tiers haha.

If you're anything like me, I think you'll find the regret bubble dissipating rapidly. There's always more coming haha. Chris will very likely have another campaign this year with more of his brand of art and style on the way too.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 07:07:03 PM by Fes »
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2015, 07:23:03 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
If you're anything like me, I think you'll find the regret bubble dissipating rapidly. There's always more coming haha. Chris will very likely have another campaign this year with more of his brand of art and style on the way too.

Good one  :D I hope so too, now I feel better saving that money to get more deck in the future.
I am sure the gilded deck will be awesome to have, fortune to those who own it.

The most expensive deck I got was the Gold Artifice for about $43... as much as I want it, in the end I couldn't bring myself to open it...
I thought it gonna happen as well if I get the gilded deck. that become the decisive moment for me to say no to that tier.

Back for more

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2015, 08:21:18 PM »

EvanEssence

• Forum Regular
I was caught up in the moment of the entire campaign!  I was already invested in 2 prints, multiple decks, and a bunch of extras...so the gilded pledge only doubled what i had already invested :)

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2015, 02:34:53 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
Just got my first round of Arcana decks, a couple coins, even the Midnight Calaveras and Dark Oracle deck. Everything about the Arcana deck is absolutely stunning, Chris outdid himself on this project, can't wait for the rest of it.
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.