You are Here:
Voltige Deck (D&D)

Author (Read 8582 times)

Re: Voltige Deck (D&D)
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2014, 06:27:57 PM »

Msp062

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
I think I like this deck. The tuck box is very nice and that is what initially drew me to the deck. The back design was a little bland with all the white space and the court, although different, didn't get me excited.  I was on the fence about this deck, wanting to buy it, but the price helped me decide. I hope those who get them, love em!

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2014, 10:17:46 AM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
When they released the Stranger and Stranger Ultimate Deck.  C'mon, if you're going to ask trivia questions, make them a LITTLE harder, please!  :))

Sure thing, but don't come complaining to me when they're too tough..

What year did I get my first Bicycle deck? ;D

On a more serious note, I'm glad these decks were brought to print but I stand by my opinion that they really should've (and could've unless they have some weird contract with the designer) printed 10-20k of these and sold them for $6-7 instead of this. But then again, if people will keep buying them for this price then I guess we can't blame them for doing it.
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2014, 12:09:12 PM »

Msp062

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
I wanted to get two blue decks shipped to Canada. The total price including the cheaper shipping option was just shy of $50. $15per deck and $17 for the slowest basic shipping. Sad, especially since I just purchased gatorbacks for $60 a dozen.  David blaine charged $44 to ship 36 decks by priority.  Pretty good, compared to Voltige.

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2014, 12:37:50 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
When they released the Stranger and Stranger Ultimate Deck.  C'mon, if you're going to ask trivia questions, make them a LITTLE harder, please!  :))

Sure thing, but don't come complaining to me when they're too tough..

What year did I get my first Bicycle deck? ;D

On a more serious note, I'm glad these decks were brought to print but I stand by my opinion that they really should've (and could've unless they have some weird contract with the designer) printed 10-20k of these and sold them for $6-7 instead of this. But then again, if people will keep buying them for this price then I guess we can't blame them for doing it.

You got your first pack of Bikes a few years after I got mine!

D&D have been leaning heavier in a different direction lately, producing elegant high-design accessories.  This one just happens to be a pack of cards.  It's only a matter of time before they buy out Ikea and start selling all that furniture at twice the price with expensive shipping!  I guess I'm OK with that, as long as the Swedish meatballs are still on the menu in the cafe and cheap enough to order!

If Blaine can ship 36 decks at about C$1.50 a deck, I'm certain that the Bucks could have sent two decks for under C$10 each.  A deck of cards is typically about 3.3 ounces, so we'll assume that with packing materials it's a 10-ounce box.  First class to Canada from the US is $9.55 in person, $8.24 online, and the USPS picks up for free.  I seriously doubt that it cost them $11.75 worth of labor and materials to wrap up two packs of cards in a box.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2014, 02:13:34 AM »

bamabenz

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
I bought a dozen, cost me $148 including CA sales tax. So more than a KS brick, but not ridiculous. The perfed box is a bit weird, my nails weren't sharp enough so I used a knife to open a box. There's inner cardboard in the tux so no issues hurting the cards. The box feels a bit waxy. I like them, they're different in interesting ways. The cards feel more like USPCC than Taiwan, but if USPCC why not say so rather than printed in the US?

/bama