You are Here:
Anyone here ever order from David Blaine's Official Merchandise (store)?

Author (Read 4710 times)

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector
So I finally decided to order Silver Split Spades from David Blaine's site (especially after hearing Don mention them earlier in the month). So my question to anyone who's order from the web store before is do you get a "your item has shipped" email (I did get a order confirmation e-mail, but almost everyone these days do sent an additional one for when the items are shipped)? I tried politely email customer service about it, but never heard back at all. It's been about almost 3 weeks so I was just wondering if I should worry a bit or not 'cause I haven't gotten my decks yet. It's USPS Priority International shipping to Canada and I live in one of the few major cities so I would have figured I should have gotten the decks by now.

Any answer or help from anyone would be much appreciated.

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I live in Canada also, and have ordered from DB store before. I had ordered some White Lion decks when they were first released. I can't remember if I ever got an email saying they had shipped... but I know I waited a long time and nothing showed up. I was able to get in contact with someone at customer support ( which, if I remember correctly, took a while ) and they apologized and shipped out new decks, on their dime. Even included an extra signed DB deck for my troubles. That was a while ago, I don't know how their shipping is run now. But that was my experience with them.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 05:39:34 PM by Curt »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Thanks for sharing the experience Curt. I emailed them on Labour Day Monday this past September doublechecking to see if I could still get in on the Labour Day Weekend promotion they were running. I got a reply on Tuesday, which I thought was the norm since many companies have customer service response within 24 business hours.

I guess I got something to look forward to see if I don't receive my decks by December ...

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I just remembered the name of the man who helped me out at DB. 99% sure it was Doug McKenzie, the magician/consultant. I believe I contacted him through the Theory 11 forum, after seeing his name in a customer service response from the DB store. I don't know if he is still helping DB with the shop though.

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I'll keep that in mind though I did a quick check and the last time Doug McKenzie was on the theory11 forum was well over a year or two ago ...  but I'm probably over-worrying and jumping the gun. I placed my order on the 9th of October and if it's shipped next business day (10th), tomorrow or Monday is within the arrival timeline of "7-12 business days".

I just honestly wish their CS team would reply back. I think over a 5 business day is a long time not to hear back from customer service of any company even small ones.

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I just remembered the name of the man who helped me out at DB. 99% sure it was Doug McKenzie, the magician/consultant. I believe I contacted him through the Theory 11 forum, after seeing his name in a customer service response from the DB store. I don't know if he is still helping DB with the shop though.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but Curt.....he told you his name was Doug McKenzie and your from Canada?!........am I the only one who finds that humurous? LOL

I'm sure it will all work out bhong, it's not like you ordered them from Joes Card Emporium  ;)

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but Curt.....he told you his name was Doug McKenzie and your from Canada?!........am I the only one who finds that humurous? LOL

I'm sure it will all work out bhong, it's not like you ordered them from Joes Card Emporium  ;)

LOL ... Yes, it's pretty hilarious.

I paid through Paypal so I figured if worst comes to worst, I can go through them, but here's hoping my shiny-shiny cards are in my mailbox for me tomorrow or next week.

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:

Haha yeah. What are the odds right?

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I've ordered from them - due to a minor mix-up, this fortunate event happened.  :))

They can be a little slow in response times.  They used to ship from David's office downtown (New York) but shifted it to a location in Connecticut - I don't know if it's a warehouse of theirs or a fulfillment center.  When I heard back from them, it took time because David and his team were out of town for several days.

There's no reason why it should take so long for your merchandise to arrive.  Keep trying to contact them via email/web page.  You can also try PMs at the Facebook page - don't post on the Wall for a CS issue.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Don, that's got to be the best story about customer service fixing something I've ever heard. I use to think that my story about getting the bank paying me 100$ back for their mistake was something.

I email them twice (on the 14th and 23rd) just double checking about whether I was suppose to get a "your item has shipped" or if they'd be shipped yet. I haven't heard back from either time and the 14th to now is a pretty long time, but I've got my fingers cross that maybe the emails got lost or something and the decks are somewhere in transit. I'll wait until next week before trying again if they haven't arrived.

I thought about Facebook, but it looks like the PM for them is disable ... :(

ruicorreia

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
I've ordered the White Lion Series and everything was normal.
One of the times they made a mistake: they declared $100 on the shipping invoice and I had to pay import fees. I've complained and they were really great, and compensated me for my loss.
Enthusiast collector

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
One of the times they made a mistake: they declared $100 on the shipping invoice and I had to pay import fees. I've complained and they were really great, and compensated me for my loss.

ruicorreia, do you remember getting a "shipped" email? That's the thing I want to know so I can start estimating from that date to know when the items would be considered late.

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
So I finally decided to order Silver Split Spades from David Blaine's site (especially after hearing Don mention them earlier in the month). So my question to anyone who's order from the web store before is do you get a "your item has shipped" email (I did get a order confirmation e-mail, but almost everyone these days do sent an additional one for when the items are shipped)? I tried politely email customer service about it, but never heard back at all. It's been about almost 3 weeks so I was just wondering if I should worry a bit or not 'cause I haven't gotten my decks yet. It's USPS Priority International shipping to Canada and I live in one of the few major cities so I would have figured I should have gotten the decks by now.

I've made an order to DB webstore, but after payment I got a email

"Order confirmation for order #xxxx

Thank you for placing your order with David Blaine's Official Merchandise!

This email is to confirm your recent order."

After that, I've got this email :

"David Blaine Customer Service

Order ID: #xxxx

A package from David Blaine was shipped on xxx via USPS to the following address: ....

Here are your Delivery Confirmation ID(s)
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction......."

So, be patient, everything is fine...I hope :D I've been waint a little longer but I was worthed.

LE. I've got something signed by David Blaine so I was patient and wait for that ;)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 06:40:09 PM by mirciusx »
"Art is never finished, only abandoned" – Leonardo daVinci

"Measure twice, cut once." - Don Boyer

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

I've made an order to DB webstore, but after payment I got a email

"Order confirmation for order #xxxx

Thank you for placing your order with David Blaine's Official Merchandise!

This email is to confirm your recent order."

After that, I've got this email :

"David Blaine Customer Service

Order ID: #xxxx

A package from David Blaine was shipped on xxx via USPS to the following address: ....

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction......."

So, be patient, everything is fine...I hope :D I've been waint a little longer but I was worthed.

LE. I've got something signed by David Blaine so I was patient and wait for that ;)

Thanks mirciusx. I guess that's the thing, I NEVER got that second e-mail even after all this time, which is what I wanted to know about. You have to admit it's been almost three weeks and, in theory, my items aren't shipped.

edit: Thanks again, too, for confirming that I should be expecting that "shipped" email.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 07:03:02 PM by bhong »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Np, bhong. Great to help. Also Don story it's more than a release, so, everything you need to do is to wait. Isn't cool, but it's worth it! :)

Cheer up and have a great wk!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 10:27:10 PM by mirciusx »
"Art is never finished, only abandoned" – Leonardo daVinci

"Measure twice, cut once." - Don Boyer

ruicorreia

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

ruicorreia, do you remember getting a "shipped" email? That's the thing I want to know so I can start estimating from that date to know when the items would be considered late.

Yes, I did received the following e-mail:

"Order ID:

A package from David Blaine was shipped on 10/04/2012 via USPS to the following address:
XXXXXX

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!execute.action?formattedLabel=LJ674241019US

(Please note that it may take USPS up to 24 hours to update initial shipment status.)
Tracking information may not be immediately available
Enthusiast collector

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
ruicorreia, thanks for the second confirmation about the "shipped email". I'm going to politely contact them again to see if anything's been shipped. We just need teleportation technology so everything can magically appear right away.

EDIT: so I finally got a shipped out email today though no actual real response from DB customer service. At least my cards are on their way after the long wait.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 04:31:23 PM by bhong »