You are Here:
New Deck from The Virts

Author (Read 20453 times)

Re: New Deck from The Virts
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2013, 11:42:36 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
Based on everyone's comments (at least everyone who picked this up), I should be regretting not getting any for myself.  But I learned quickly into starting this hobby of mine that I would never own every single deck I wanted, never mind every single deck out there.  There's just too many of them!

Received my order today and opened a deck. From what I visually see, it's a very attractive deck and one that, although simple, makes me want to take 'em out of the tuck and look at them again right after I've put them away. I think part of the draw for me is the fact that they aren't super complicated or intricate.

Haven't had the time to play with them a lot but as of now, it seems like a good deck! I have a suspicion they'll probably handle like most custom decks printed by the USPCC anyway so I'm not expecting to be amazed.

This deck is much more about the design than the performance, because let's face it, the majority of custom decks made these days at USPC handle just fine right from the box and the only major difference between them physically is thickness/stiffness of stock - and even that can be variable within a single print run!  I've said before, Magic Finish became the great equalizer, making all decks perform like all other decks.

I would only regret based on the design itself. With that said, I can post a bunch of pictures so you can see what we all see and not regret anything :)) But kidding aside, that's why I thought it was safe to say that this deck would probably handle like any other custom deck out there. Not a bad thing at all though because I've grown fond of Magic Finish.
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2013, 08:57:03 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
only thing that im upset about is no jokers. otherwise its a fine deck
have you heard the word???

« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2013, 09:41:05 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
only thing that im upset about is no jokers. otherwise its a fine deck

Yeah me too but the more I look at the deck, the more I don't care. This deck works with ad cards that explains what it is and who the creators are. I mean a traditional joker would be cool but I think they still made a good decision.
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."