You are Here:
Bicycle Actuators Black edition and White edition

Author (Read 25219 times)

Re: Bicycle Actuators Black edition and White edition
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2011, 11:13:24 PM »

Eyeball

• Elite Member
Honestly I like the color. The pictures without the color makes the deck look more like all the other black and white decks, while the color adds a new refreshing twist. :)

« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2011, 12:19:04 AM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
I much prefer the added color
have you heard the word???

« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2011, 03:51:05 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I think the color is more beautiful, but when I imagine the back and face of the card together, I vote for the black&white version.

« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2011, 11:10:06 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Black and white has more contrast, and would look cool with some silver metallic ink.  But it would look a little boring, I guess.  At least there's a little difference between the decks besides the backs.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2011, 02:02:10 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
As I stated elsewhere...you nailed it here, Lance! 8)
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2011, 04:46:54 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
did you all pledge for this deck ?? lol the deck is quite expensive a brick for 110 !

« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2011, 05:02:10 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
did you all pledge for this deck ?? lol the deck is quite expensive a brick for 110 !

I didn't pledge for this one. It's just not my style. It seems from the Kickstarter information (even though thats not final) that it was well received. I know that if you look in this thread that a lot of people were excited about this deck, so I'm sure many of them picked some up haha
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2011, 01:10:21 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i wonder why wont people use the money and pledge more for the vortex deck lol to me i think the vortex was way better

« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2011, 01:22:20 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
i wonder why wont people use the money and pledge more for the vortex deck lol to me i think the vortex was way better
Well thats just your opinion. Others may prefer the Actuators over the vortex.
I personally don't but people have their own opinions and tastes in cards

« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2011, 05:01:47 PM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I just realised, it's almost a day until these come off Kickstarter. I'd better go pledge to get a couple!
Anyone else getting both?
"What have future generations ever done for us?" - Groucho Marx

« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2011, 09:22:37 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I just realised, it's almost a day until these come off Kickstarter. I'd better go pledge to get a couple!
Anyone else getting both?

Yeah, the decks look cool, but it's expensive. So I get only one each.

« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2011, 05:34:56 AM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Yeah, the decks look cool, but it's expensive. So I get only one each.

I agree; just one of each for me too. I'm hoping to pick up the coloured edition sometime soon aswell; I'll have the full set!

« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2011, 01:07:15 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I pledged these for a brick. I like Lance and he puts an incredible amount of time into each individual card he designs.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2011, 01:37:42 PM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Good for you! :D
If I had the money, I would most definitely buy a brick; Lance's designs are astounding and I'd love to help him with funding. But unfortunately, I don't have much money to spare at the moment. I was even originally debating whether or not to buy both decks!

« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2011, 01:57:12 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2011, 02:01:07 PM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I just pledged my $26 for a set of both editions! :D

« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2011, 05:18:02 PM »

lancetmiller

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I've been here the whole time this thread has been going on, but as a courtesy to my good friend Alex I did not want to be over here advertising while he and I both had decks on Kickstarter. You guys are a great community and I appreciate all of your honest and forthwith comments. I would like to send out a special thanks to CBJ, and John Sobczyk for relaying your questions and concerns. Also, they were integral parts in the live sessions for providing thoughts and input.

Thanks guys!

Now onto business, since the recent posts of the Monochrome backs and the Slightly colored variants have not yet hit the mark, I am tweaking the designs and colors so make sure to voice your opinions and be heard! As a point of note here, I take all suggestions and critiques seriously and while I may not use all of them on this deck, you could very well be giving input into an upcoming project.

- Lance
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:19:08 PM by lancetmiller »

« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2011, 05:33:31 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Hey Lance, good to see you here.

My personal opinion is that the pure black & white version is better than the "colored" version of the B&W decks. I agree with what some have said about maybe leaving the pips & indices colored, but that's it. I know maintaining browns and golds is an integral part of Steampunk, but I don't think these decks should cater to the Steampunk style exclusively. The Artist's edition accomplished that, and these decks are purely for those that want some color variations.

EDIT: I don't usually read the long threads, but I just read this one and I don't think the question comes down to "Vortex or Actuators?" for anyone really interested in both. Honestly, if you ask me, I would rather have three of both decks than six of one.

Either way guys, remember that when you pledge you get more than some sweet swag, you also get the benefit of helping an artist realize their dreams.  :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:35:50 PM by alex. »
Forum Founder.

« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2011, 07:06:57 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Well Lance, let me be one of the firsts to congratulate you on another successful Kickstarter campaign!

I look forward to adding these decks to my collection!

I was more than happy to help you out during this campaign, and you can't count on me to help you out during your next one!

One quick question.. only because I know it will come up.

Where will people be able to purchase your decks after the Kickstarter campaign?

All the best

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2012, 05:04:13 PM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member
Few months since the question was asked, but Lance Miller's Facebook update gave the answer!

Official Announcement: The Black Edition and White Edition will go on pre-order status on the http://lancemillerdecks.com/ website as of April 15th at Midnight!

I'm glad, because I was disappointed I missed the Kickstarter for these.
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2012, 07:16:43 AM »

lancetmiller

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Hello Everyone,

Great News! USPCC emailed yesterday and said that the Black and White Edition cards will be printed the week of August 6th and will ship within the following 2-3 weeks!!!

So, now that we have an official timeline, I will begin releasing details and trailers for the effects that come with the decks. Make sure to pay particular attention to my Facebook page: http://facebook.com/lancemillerdecks and the main Kickstarter project update thread for more info.

With regard to the surveys, I have received many of them ~ including your personal / direct emails. Don't lose heart if I have not responded to you (yet). I have easily received 4x more emails directly related to this project than any other. I will make sure that every backer gets exactly what they paid for and will be contacting you soon if I have not done so already. If you have not filled out your survey yet, I really need you to do so. My ability to get these out to everyone in a timely manner hinges on having an excellent logistics response and unfortunately, Kickstarter does not let me contact a backer directly unless they have messaged me or filled out a survey first.

Thank you all for your kindness and patience whilst this project has come to reality. I want to let you all know that I have been working with USPCC very closely to learn their methodologies and project management policies so that we never have a 6-7 month (public) wait time on any projects moving forward. You all have my personal guarantee that I will do everything in my power to ensure timely and most cost effective delivery of new products in subsequent endeavors.

Most Humble Regards,

Lance T. Miller

P.S. Sorry for the radio silence for a bit. Things have been super crazy! Photo Shoots, Video Shoots, Summer Travel, New Artwork... etc :D

« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2012, 01:00:23 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
It's nice to see that this deck is slowly moving to being to my doorstep. I can't wait to receive it! Keep us posted Lance.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

Black and White Actuators are almost here!!!
« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2012, 07:17:04 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
As the topic says, Lance's follow up to the Artist Edition Actuators are almost here. The black and white editions are being printed this week. I spoke with Lance today and found out that the pre-sale has knocked out most of these decks, however, there are a few left for purchase.

Typically, there isn't much special when it comes to color variations. This is an acception. The amount of detail and time put into these decks shines through triumphantly. There is real depth to the artwork, making both these decks worth owning. Lance has yet to strike out in any aspect.

Every deck Lance has put out has been phenomenal. That being said, he is already over 70 hours deep into the design of the next deck.

Until then, do yourself a favor and snag a couple of these before the resellers get you 

http://lancemillerdecks.com/bicycle-whi ... ngle-decks
http://lancemillerdecks.com/bicycle-bla ... ngle-decks
Magical as Sin!

Re: Black and White Actuators are almost here!!!
« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2012, 06:00:11 PM »

vmagic

As the topic says, Lance's follow up to the Artist Edition Actuators are almost here. The black and white editions are being printed this week. I spoke with Lance today and found out that the pre-sale has knocked out most of these decks, however, there are a few left for purchase.

Typically, there isn't much special when it comes to color variations. This is an acception. The amount of detail and time put into these decks shines through triumphantly. There is real depth to the artwork, making both these decks worth owning. Lance has yet to strike out in any aspect.

Every deck Lance has put out has been phenomenal. That being said, he is already over 70 hours deep into the design of the next deck.

Until then, do yourself a favor and snag a couple of these before the resellers get you 

http://lancemillerdecks.com/bicycle-whi ... ngle-decks
http://lancemillerdecks.com/bicycle-bla ... ngle-decks

Except your links are incomplete.

« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2012, 02:11:50 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Except if you click on them it takes you to where you need to be....wow :mindf-ck:
Magical as Sin!