You are Here:
NEW DECK-The Grid

Author (Read 11503 times)

Re: NEW DECK-The Grid
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2012, 12:07:36 AM »

eggman

• Elite Member
Well, I'm an asshole.  It looks like I'm the one who can't read.
Cool, you too  :D I am very good at it. Back on topic, those clips are looking more and mor attractive. I am kind of partial to the porpers as I am not sure about the warping factor with these other clips but I think if these are getting visually stunning I will need to obtain a few.

« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2012, 02:31:53 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
I WILL pledge for the GRID on my Birthday... kinda like a present to myself... (meaning I have to give up buying steven madden platforms for cards... D=) oh well. cards first before fashion for now I guess...

« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2012, 02:35:59 AM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
I pledged for two decks before this but now i'm considering whether to raise my pledge and get a few more. the cards clips are looking very interesting...

« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2012, 07:43:52 PM »

4pm Designer

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Hey everybody! Just an update for anyone who hasn't picked up a deck and is interested in pledging. We are down to less than 1,000 decks and have 18 days left. Anyone who has pledged already can still add decks to your pledge. Thanks to everyone who has made The Grid such a success!

4PM
Creator of Legacy, The Grid, Grid 2.0 & Mythos: Necronomicon Bicycle® Playing Cards. CEO of 4PM DESIGNS.

« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2012, 02:37:25 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Well.. it's about to happen...
Bicycle "The Grid" is about to become the most funded deck EVER on Kickstarter !!!

Old record holder was the Tendril with $41,648 raised

As of this second, The Grid is sitting at $41,614 (12 days to go)

Congrats on all your success!!!

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2012, 03:39:58 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Bicycle "The Grid" is about to become the most funded deck EVER on Kickstarter !!!

CBJ
That is weird to me, the tendril is so much nicer than The Grid, I honestly don't get why this deck is doing so good it isnt that nice, IMO.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2012, 04:18:07 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

CBJ
That is weird to me, the tendril is so much nicer than The Grid, I honestly don't get why this deck is doing so good it isnt that nice, IMO.

I think it's because it's dramatic looking and also, without really saying it, is a "property" that many people recognize which expands its popularity. Let's face it, millions of people know what Tron is so a playing card deck based around it will be popular with lots of people beyond the collector community.

Definitely a great idea and they have worked hard to get the word out, so props to the 4PM crew. I was very surprised when Tendril went so far beyond the Vortex. To be totally honest I'm a teensy bit surprised that the Grid has gone so far. Impressive indeed and speaks to the popularity of playing cards when done well with dedication.

Congrats to them!
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2012, 07:04:00 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I'm also very surprised. Nonetheless, I wish you and 4PM designs much luck!

« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2012, 10:13:21 PM »

lordlupus

• Forum Regular
The Grid is more successful in their KS initiative because of the promotions 4PM keeps on running that enticed backers to increase their pledge amounts.

The $7 per deck promo and the add a clip promo added excitement to the project, even though there is no stretch rewards to achieve.

Tendril and Vortex had relatively passive KS runs. Tendril competitions create awareness to the KS project so there are more new backers but there is not much marketing to persuade existing backers to up their pledge amounts.

« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2012, 02:14:57 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
The Grid is more successful in their KS initiative because of the promotions 4PM keeps on running that enticed backers to increase their pledge amounts.

The $7 per deck promo and the add a clip promo added excitement to the project, even though there is no stretch rewards to achieve.

Tendril and Vortex had relatively passive KS runs. Tendril competitions create awareness to the KS project so there are more new backers but there is not much marketing to persuade existing backers to up their pledge amounts.

I wouldn't say passive, really.  Tendril was also doing special deals for custom Eco Clips, while Vortex has stretch goals.  I think it owes a lot, as Paul said, to the fact that it has a "Tronish" appeal to people from beyond the card collecting community, who see it as something cool to have around for poker night or something like that.  There's no question that many people are enamored with the design.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2012, 12:24:42 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I'll say this, with all those promos, people switching packages, people doing custom additions, the 4PM folks are going to have an AWESOME time keeping all that straight. <sarcasm> Kickstarter does not make things like that very easy to manage and the way they handle some of their reporting is a major pain in the booty. In fact it was such a pain for me that my next deck (which will probably not rely on kickstarter as much) will be very simply structured and really ratchet back all the customizations. If I can get away with it, I might not even use KS at all...
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2012, 02:17:58 PM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
Hopefully it won't be too bad for them. If they need help, I will be happy to go down by them and help them out, since we are both in NJ.
Thanks!
Mike

« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2012, 08:41:26 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Forget the clips, in the long run it's not a lot of money.  Kickstarter has doubled in the past year.  The combination of more clicks and people familiar with the process has helped out the fundraising.  I can only imagine what my Brimstone decks would have done in this climate on Kickstarter. (I 'sold-out' 20 days into my 45 day funding and the money stopped.)

I applaud the people at 4pm, they knew the design they wanted to go for and pulled it off very well.  I backed them.  My only complaint is the "constipated" joker, it never sat well with me.
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2012, 01:37:20 PM »

4pm Designer

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
With 2 hours left in the campaign, we completely SOLD OUT of The Grid! Actually sold more than expected at the last minute that I had to dip into my own personal stock. Isn't that something? I almost had to buy MY OWN set of decks from a reseller lol.
Creator of Legacy, The Grid, Grid 2.0 & Mythos: Necronomicon Bicycle® Playing Cards. CEO of 4PM DESIGNS.

« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2012, 01:43:19 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I guess that's a good thing and a bad thing lol.  Well congrats on this awesome success!

« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2012, 02:27:03 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Congrats! What I find nice is that you balanced different items in your project: while decks such as Cosmo Solano's Spectrum deck sold out of decks after reaching a 10,000 goal (and had to do another print run), yours reached 40,000+ and only sold out at the last minute. Anyways, congrats on this tremendous success. The deck looks very nice, and I can't wait to see reviews of it!