You are Here:

Poll

Does BeDeceived have the potential the become the new Blue Crown?

Yes!
No!
Maybe So!?
Is BeDeceived the new Blue Crown?

Author (Read 1466 times)

Is BeDeceived the new Blue Crown?
« on: February 21, 2012, 08:46:06 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
BeDeceived: The great producer behind the Style deck.

The Blue Crown: The grand ringleader behind the infamous Crown series.

Do you believe that BeDeceived has the potential to become the new Blue Crown?

I do! Their company has been receiving the same amount of popularity that Blue Crown has been receiving in their first years. What do you guys think?
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

Re: Is BeDeceived the new Blue Crown?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 08:49:29 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I think in the short run, BeDecieved could be equal but in the long run, TBC has good magic products along with their cards, They also have a well designed, easy to use website. All of these factors i think give them an edge on BeDecieved.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 09:31:04 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I like Bedeceived a lot but The Blue Crown is definitely farther. Their decks are designed better, better tricks, more accessories.
They will both be growing a lot, and fast.

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 09:31:47 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
I don't know much, but I know TBC decks are much more beautiful than the Style deck.

Jamie puts a deck into a bottle to prove anything is possible, the Style deck shows me nothing is impossible if such an ugly deck may also be sold on the market.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 10:37:23 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
the Style deck shows me nothing is impossible if such an ugly deck may also be sold on the market.
Sure, whatever. ::)

IMO the only thing that gives Bedeceived an advantage is their amazingly cheap shipping worldwide. But the crown decks are clearly better designed than the style deck and their trick library is pretty great so far. They also have more product variety, but Bedeceived could easily catch up on that.
I say let's just wait for their next decks to be released. :P

Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 11:52:37 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
TBC has a gaint lead on BeDeceived!! TBC does their own thing and has great products. They use arrco faces and they stand behind the decision to use them and I respect that. I think TBC is going places!

BeDeceived has one deck release that wasn't a huge hit. It has some good aspects but the overall look of the deck is terrible. I haven't really taken BeDeceived too seriously. They may make some big steps towards becoming a stronger company with their second deck and future products but right now I don't think they stand a chance against TBC.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 01:45:17 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I have nothing personal against the blokes at Bedeceived (or is it a one-man operation?) but I know a lot of people inside the industry that have a lot of hate or indifference towards the brand. I absolutely loathe the Style Deck, so no to me it's not the next BC.

However, the owner of it (I believe his name is Colin?) shouldn't want to be the next anything. I certainly don't want to be the next Ellusionist, for example. I want to set up my own brand identity and roll with that, which is what I've been doing. Bedeceived has potential, but it will die very quickly if it's just mirroring another brand. Originality is key to success.

As for TBC using Arrco faces, they may love them now, but I can't not see it as a cheaper alternative. Arrco faces are the default faces USPCC offers. It costs money to use Bicycle faces, and costs more money to modify them. It would be as farcical as when the Buck twins claimed Aristocrat stock was somehow better than Bicycle or Bee despite it being the cheaper alternative and generally being regarded as a low quality option.

Sure, Arrco may look better to some, and it's different, but it will always be a cheaper alternative. To hate on BC for having a good business sense would be silly, but I don't think I could applaud their lack of willingness to take things to a different level.

That said, I love their PR. They browse theses boards, take suggestions and talk to the masses, like Ellusionist. The day I see Bayme on the forum is the day I make him an admin as well. :P
Forum Founder.

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 01:52:00 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I have nothing personal against the blokes at Bedeceived (or is it a one-man operation?) but I know a lot of people inside the industry that have a lot of hate or indifference towards the brand. I absolutely loathe the Style Deck, so no to me it's not the next BC.

However, the owner of it (I believe his name is Colin?) shouldn't want to be the next anything. I certainly don't want to be the next Ellusionist, for example. I want to set up my own brand identity and roll with that, which is what I've been doing. Bedeceived has potential, but it will die very quickly if it's just mirroring another brand. Originality is key to success.

As for TBC using Arrco faces, they may love them now, but I can't not see it as a cheaper alternative. Arrco faces are the default faces USPCC offers. It costs money to use Bicycle faces, and costs more money to modify them. It would be as farcical as when the Buck twins claimed Aristocrat stock was somehow better than Bicycle or Bee despite it being the cheaper alternative and generally being regarded as a low quality option.

Sure, Arrco may look better to some, and it's different, but it will always be a cheaper alternative. To hate on BC for having a good business sense would be silly, but I don't think I could applaud their lack of willingness to take things to a different level.

That said, I love their PR. They browse theses boards, take suggestions and talk to the masses, like Ellusionist. The day I see Bayme on the forum is the day I make him an admin as well. :P

I agree with the thing about the crown decks. I think it just shows that they were too lazy to do custom faces and too cheap to do at least bicycle faces. Also I thought Aristocrat stock was better than Bicycle?
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 04:49:46 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
I doubt it. It seems like not as many people are in fond with the Style deck than the Crowns. The BC have certainly done a much better job at bringing the hype up before releasing their product.

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 06:35:49 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
I believe that BeDeceived will always be a small, ok company. I don't see them getting any "amazing" magic tricks or magicians to do them. I feel that although good now, they may not be here in a few years...but I would love to be wrong. They are extremely kind to their fans, and if karma is real, I feel they will be around for a long time.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 10:05:48 AM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
I believe that BeDeceived will always be a small, ok company. I don't see them getting any "amazing" magic tricks or magicians to do them. I feel that although good now, they may not be here in a few years...but I would love to be wrong. They are extremely kind to their fans, and if karma is real, I feel they will be around for a long time.

I have the same thoughts as this guy, I don't see them as the next blue crown at least from the playing cards and a few other perspectives but then again I heard they're making a new deck, tides might turn then who knows.  :)  personally I'm not a fan of their latest deck either, I'd have a crown deck over a bedeceived deck anytime.  ;)
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 01:45:18 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Yeah I hope that's not the case. It's always a sad sight to see a company die. One deck can really change everything though! Image what one great deck could do for the company!! Hopefully the next two decks in the trilogy will really be better looking decks
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 01:50:46 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:

Yeah I hope that's not the case. It's always a sad sight to see a company die. One deck can really change everything though! Image what one great deck could do for the company!! Hopefully the next two decks in the trilogy will really be better looking decks

Considering how active they are to the community, I bet they will listen to fans and build off of the criticism they got for this deck.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!