You are Here:
Tendril. Kickstarter. Saturday. Be there.

Author (Read 49407 times)

Re: Tendril. Kickstarter. Saturday. Be there.
« Reply #200 on: February 11, 2012, 02:14:47 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
We get charged at the end of the funding period. Hope that helps!
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #201 on: February 11, 2012, 04:29:15 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
tendril hit the 20,000 goal !!!!!  :D :D

« Reply #202 on: February 11, 2012, 04:51:33 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Congratulations XMETAL for meeting your goal!  :D
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #203 on: February 11, 2012, 05:03:43 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
YES!! Congrats Xmetal! You did it  :D I'm really excited that this made it. In only one week as well. Awesome news! So are there going to be any upgrades/extras for extra funding?

« Reply #204 on: February 11, 2012, 05:07:00 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Congratulations! I can't wait to see them printed and get my hands on them!

« Reply #205 on: February 11, 2012, 05:14:07 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
Well done on reaching the goal, now you can relax a little knowing its all relativly safe. Will there be upgrades for excess funds?
Some Men just want to watch the world burn.

« Reply #206 on: February 11, 2012, 05:21:38 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Daaaaaang! Is that a record? My goodness people really must want these cards. I'm really excited about all this!

Now that we hit the goal, extra funds are going to do a few things: pay for shipping more cards to more people, make it easier to get some extra uncuts, buy all the printing plates (prizes? Who knows...) and make it much more likely that the next deck I do can be completely self funded (though I may use Kickstarter to bring in some 'extra users' who may not necessarily be card folk but appreciate a cool deck of cards).

We still need to keep it going up so people that flake out, people with billing issues, taxes and fees aren't as much of a concern. But hitting the goal this fast is huge, and I'm really quite humbled by it. :)
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #207 on: February 11, 2012, 05:38:44 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
SOUNDS AWESOME !

« Reply #208 on: February 11, 2012, 05:54:56 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
That must be a huge relief! Congratulations on funding this deck! I will be pledging very soon and can't wait to get these spectacular cards in my hands.
Looking forward to everything that Encarded has in store for us  :)

« Reply #209 on: February 11, 2012, 06:19:45 PM »

Billywiz

• Elite Member
Congratulations xmetal, you must be stoked now get these bad boys printed.

Billy.

« Reply #210 on: February 11, 2012, 07:24:49 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
CONGRATS again! hahaha! I already tweeted this, but none the less! That is a MAJOR maJOR success for the Tendril. I'm pretty sure you'll get more pledges! I for one am really excited to pledge! in about a week I will pledge! SWEET!

« Reply #211 on: February 11, 2012, 09:22:36 PM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
Congrats Paul! Tendril got funded in a week! :D  I hate amazon for not letting me pay using paypal!  :-[ :-[ :-[ >:( >:( >:( >:(
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #212 on: February 12, 2012, 02:39:47 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Congrats Paul! Tendril got funded in a week! :D  I hate amazon for not letting me pay using paypal!  :-[ :-[ :-[ >:( >:( >:( >:(

Are cash-value cards sold in your country?

A cash value card looks like any credit or debit card.  But it doesn't have a bank account - the card itself has a cash value at the time of purchase.  Think of it like a checking account without the checks or the bank.  Most of them allow you to add cash value to the card balance - I knew someone who put her entire paycheck on a cash value card via direct deposit every pay period, then she used the card to pay her bills, drew money from it using ATMs, bought stuff with it, etc.

They can be used to buy anything that a debit card can buy - like items sold through Amazon Payments...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #213 on: February 12, 2012, 04:39:15 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah you could do that or maybe you have a visa gift card or something similar. It's the same thing but just a gift card. I don't know if the cash-card that Don mentioned has any strings attached but the visa gift cards I've been given in the past don't seem to have any! I would check out those two options if you get the chance, maybe it will help  :)

« Reply #214 on: February 12, 2012, 06:01:21 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Yeah you could do that or maybe you have a visa gift card or something similar. It's the same thing but just a gift card. I don't know if the cash-card that Don mentioned has any strings attached but the visa gift cards I've been given in the past don't seem to have any! I would check out those two options if you get the chance, maybe it will help  :)

The only string I've ever seen with the Visa gift card is that when purchased, there's a small fee above the value of the card that you have to pay.  I think I've seen a discount club store like BJ's sell them without the fee, but most other places do charge it.  He'd be better off just buying Amazon gift cards, without paying a fee, assuming they're available where he is.

« Reply #215 on: February 12, 2012, 08:16:16 AM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?

Congrats Paul! Tendril got funded in a week! :D   I hate amazon for not letting me pay using paypal!  :-[ :-[ :-[ >:( >:( >:( >:( 

Are cash-value cards sold in your country?

A cash value card looks like any credit or debit card.  But it doesn't have a bank account - the card itself has a cash value at the time of purchase.  Think of it like a checking account without the checks or the bank.  Most of them allow you to add cash value to the card balance - I knew someone who put her entire paycheck on a cash value card via direct deposit every pay period, then she used the card to pay her bills, drew money from it using ATMs, bought stuff with it, etc.

They can be used to buy anything that a debit card can buy - like items sold through Amazon Payments...

Hmm, I think I do have one of those but I have no idea how to use it. I did a quick google and found out that cash-value cards are also stored-value cards, similar to a debit card in nature. In singapore there are ez-link cards (Which is used for transport here much like tickets) and NETS (Which is also an atm card, I have that with me, I got that for free at a local bank when I was 16/17 with my bank account). I don't think amazon accept NETS though.. I'll check that out. Can't seem to find any places that sell those here.. There's also something called a cash card but that's for drivers/cars, when passing certain gantries in Singapore in the central area, the driver needs to pay a certain amount, peak period costs also apply. Okay I'm going slightly out of point here.  ??? 

EDIT: Nope they don't accept NETs... and they don't sell amazon gift cards in singapore.. they do sell on ebay though, but there's the shipping costs which is ridiculous.. most of them are in the US only..

Did a quick google with that too and I remembered that I actually have one (Can't really remember how I got it) for the singapore youth olympics but it expired last year 12/11...... :'(  I looked online and it seems pretty complicated, like how I first got my ebanking account for PayPal in which my parents made a big fuss over.. seems like I need to contact a bank before getting a visa gift card, I'll check that out somemore.

Thanks for all the helpful advice everyone  :)

EDIT: okay, I think they're similar to getting a credit card, much too confusing for me, I better get back to my studies and worry about it later @-@
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 08:29:17 AM by K »

« Reply #216 on: February 12, 2012, 09:06:16 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
@K: Have you checked with PayPal?  I keep getting offers from them to get a PaPal MasterCard...

@Xmetal: dude, you stand a good chance of beating Alex's record for most funding for a playing card project!  And in a shorter time period, no less.  People must REALLY like your design - and the fact that you're already at the gate, so to speak; the project is lined up, design completed, ready to be made.  You may also have the shortest time from Kickstart completion to deck distribution, especially if you use a distribution center.

« Reply #217 on: February 12, 2012, 10:00:24 AM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
@don I tired, apparently it's not available in my country as well... This is what I got:  We're sorry, this credit product is not offered in the country/region where your PayPal account is located. Oh well... Thanks for the constant help (: haha, I'll just apply for one in a few years time, till then no kickstarter for me I guess..

« Reply #218 on: February 12, 2012, 10:51:26 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Congrats on reaching your goal!!!!!! :D

« Reply #219 on: February 12, 2012, 01:00:24 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
@Xmetal: dude, you stand a good chance of beating Alex's record for most funding for a playing card project!  And in a shorter time period, no less.  People must REALLY like your design - and the fact that you're already at the gate, so to speak; the project is lined up, design completed, ready to be made.  You may also have the shortest time from Kickstart completion to deck distribution, especially if you use a distribution center.

Thanks Don. I really am going to do all that I can to get Tendril in the USPCC queue asap. I want to get the cards out there to the backers as soon as I can, build a little momentum and go from there. I am quite surprised by the speed with which that all happened. I figured we'd get there, but honestly was expecting it to take at least twice as long. Guess my design really hit it with some people.

I wanted to share something a backer sent me today. He's been a magician for over 50 years and he said they were the most beautiful decks he's ever seen. He also said "I was fortunate to have known some of the greats like Vernon Cardini & Darwin Ortiz and I know they would love these decks."Stuff that like makes ya feel kinda nice, I have to admit. :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 01:00:46 PM by xmetal »
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #220 on: February 12, 2012, 01:40:04 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I'm betting the project will reach 37,000$, who says more? lol
Anyways, congrats on making such amazing cards for all. Hoping to see more from you in the future!

« Reply #221 on: February 12, 2012, 02:52:06 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Well he was right Xmetal!! All the people I've shown the Kickstarter to have loved them!

@Nathan, I don't think it'll go that high (although I'd be happy if it did). There is the start and then funding can die down a little bit and then hopefully pick back up at the end. I'm thinking $30,000 or $32,500 at most. It'd be nice to see it hit that mark or higher though  :)

« Reply #222 on: February 12, 2012, 02:57:58 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
so hey congrats man with how much people are pledging, glad this deck is being made, sorry that i cant support you right now, but i will eventually get my hands on that deck :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 03:09:29 PM by John B. »
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #223 on: February 12, 2012, 03:04:28 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
i think it will hit around 32,000 .

« Reply #224 on: February 12, 2012, 04:00:17 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
Sadly I don't think it'll hit the 30,000 mark, I hope it does, but I don't think it will :/