You are Here:
Bicycle brand cards shipped to Canada

Author (Read 5981 times)

Bicycle brand cards shipped to Canada
« on: January 30, 2019, 02:47:02 PM »

Marvin347

Has anyone here in Canada had a successful Kickstarter and had your custom deck printed and shipped by the United States playing card company? I was quoted prices in CAD and free shipping but not sure if I'm going to get stuck with a hefty bill for duties at the border.

Re: Bicycle brand cards shipped to Canada
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 09:54:55 PM »

Marvin347

I'm going to answer my own question as I received a response from the USPCC today. I'll quote them directly.

"The duty charges are inclusive in the quoted per deck price, so there won’t be any additional charges for these.

Only the taxes will be applicable on the invoice. "

Prices quoted in CAD to a Canada address.

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 05:54:09 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I'm going to answer my own question as I received a response from the USPCC today. I'll quote them directly.

"The duty charges are inclusive in the quoted per deck price, so there won’t be any additional charges for these.

Only the taxes will be applicable on the invoice. "

Prices quoted in CAD to a Canada address.

It's possible that there's a factor that makes it easier for them to ship to you without duties.  They have a Canadian subsidiary, the International Playing Card Company.  At one time in history, USPC used to manufacture their cards in several locations in the US, and through their subsidiary, in Canada.  Eventually, the company consolidated all its internally-made decks to a single location, which was Norwood, Ohio, a suburb of Cincinnati, until 2009, when they moved to another Cincinnati suburb: Erlanger, Kentucky.  IPCC now exists only as a marketing and distribution arm of USPC in Canada, but it might be enough to qualify them as a Canadian company, thus making their decks free of Customs charges.  It's just a hunch, but it's certainly possible.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 08:03:53 PM »

Marvin347

That makes good sense. Thanks for the history lesson!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 08:05:17 PM by Marvin347 »