FUNDED *InDemand* Mantecore Playing Cards LIVE on IndieGoGo

Author (Read 14087 times)

Re: Mantecore Playing Cards
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2015, 09:07:10 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I still say it very closely resembles the Multimiller logo...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: Mantecore Playing Cards
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2015, 07:43:30 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
I still say it very closely resembles the Multimiller logo...
They do share some resemblance, but I still stand by our design being different.

A gentle reminder that the project will go live about 24 hours from now at http://igg.me/at/mantecore. Thank you all for all the comments and love so far.

Also, be there early for the early bird specials :)

Cheers
Ben

Mantecore Playing Cards LIVE on IndieGoGo
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2015, 09:16:57 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Mantecore is LIVE!!.Head over to http://igg.me/at/mantecore for more details. :)

Re: Mantecore Playing Cards LIVE on IndieGoGo
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2015, 10:03:08 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Hey guys,

I just confirmed that you can use credit card when you checkout at indiegogo. Just select the credit card option instead of paypal and you are good to go. Thank you all that have pledged so far. Early bird perks are running real low. So hurry

Cheers
Ben

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2015, 11:38:52 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Hey guys,

I just confirmed that you can use credit card when you checkout at indiegogo. Just select the credit card option instead of paypal and you are good to go. Thank you all that have pledged so far. Early bird perks are running real low. So hurry

Cheers
Ben

One caveat: Indiegogo charges you IMMEDIATELY, and not when the campaign succeeds.  Presumably, if it's not flexible funding and fails, you get a refund, but you're out the cash/credit the moment you complete the pledge.  I had to deal with this before.  IGG also doesn't allow campaigns to be canceled - they have to play out the entire time, even if there's no chance of success, even if the creator no longer wants to follow through on the project.  If "Manticore" was "canceled" tomorrow, you'd still have to wait for the project's term date to get the debit/charge reversed.

It's one of the key reasons why I so strongly dislike Indiegogo.

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2015, 01:12:05 AM »

Cardfool

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
I too hate Indiegogo  >:(and though it sucks that my funds are immediately tied up, I like this deck enough that I am willing to back it, though for less of an amount than on KS due to the immediately tying up of funds.

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2015, 02:10:30 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
I too hate Indiegogo  >:(and though it sucks that my funds are immediately tied up, I like this deck enough that I am willing to back it, though for less of an amount than on KS due to the immediately tying up of funds.
Thank you so much for pledging no matter how much :)
Hey guys,

Cheers
Ben

One caveat: Indiegogo charges you IMMEDIATELY, and not when the campaign succeeds.  Presumably, if it's not flexible funding and fails, you get a refund, but you're out the cash/credit the moment you complete the pledge.  I had to deal with this before.  IGG also doesn't allow campaigns to be canceled - they have to play out the entire time, even if there's no chance of success, even if the creator no longer wants to follow through on the project.  If "Manticore" was "canceled" tomorrow, you'd still have to wait for the project's term date to get the debit/charge reversed.

It's one of the key reasons why I so strongly dislike Indiegogo.
Thank you all for your feedback. But trust me when I said we tried very hard to get it running on Kickstarter.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 02:10:59 AM by Siegismyname »

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2015, 02:52:21 AM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

Me too, just spend my money on iMac.. anyway I backed 1 deck for now.. Good Luck
Back for more

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2015, 03:46:48 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
For those who have concerns about IndieGoGo. This project is fixed funding. That means all or nothing. So if the project doesn't fully fund. You will get your money back :D ....................eventually!  >:(

This is one of those decks when figuring cost per deck, considering shipping. It makes sense to get at least 2.
1 deck is $10 + $7 US shipping = $17 per deck
2 decks are $19 + $8 US shipping = $13.50 per deck
6 decks are $51 + $15 US shipping = $11 per deck
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2015, 06:56:03 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
For those who have concerns about IndieGoGo. This project is fixed funding. That means all or nothing. So if the project doesn't fully fund. You will get your money back :D ....................eventually!  >:(

This is one of those decks when figuring cost per deck, considering shipping. It makes sense to get at least 2.
1 deck is $10 + $7 US shipping = $17 per deck
2 decks are $19 + $8 US shipping = $13.50 per deck
6 decks are $51 + $15 US shipping = $11 per deck
Thank you for the breakdown Rob. $11 per deck is pretty decent right? And it gets cheap when one buys more. Which makes sense right? Anyway have anyone of you guys checked out our trailer on the page?

Me too, just spend my money on iMac.. anyway I backed 1 deck for now.. Good Luck

Thanks man. It really means a lot to us.

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2015, 09:14:48 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Thank you all for your feedback. But trust me when I said we tried very hard to get it running on Kickstarter.

What, exactly, prevented you from using KS?  Geographic location?

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2015, 09:50:29 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music

Yes. I am from Singapore and Edo is from Indonesia. Thus we are not able to start a campaign.

Why didn't you work with some company from the U.S.? You may ask. That is because we might not have full creative control over the deck and we might need to split what we have with the company as well. Kickstarter also doesn't allow us to raise funds for charity.

I tried tying up with a few friends but could not due to insufficient time.

We felt that using fixed funding on indiegogo would serve to be close to what kickstarter has to offer. But we would lose a lot of online traffic. Which I why I have been actively ending the community from a while back. Hoping you good people could help spread the word and our cause.

That's about it. Hope it clears things up.

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2015, 10:11:49 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Yes. I am from Singapore and Edo is from Indonesia. Thus we are not able to start a campaign.

Why didn't you work with some company from the U.S.? You may ask. That is because we might not have full creative control over the deck and we might need to split what we have with the company as well. Kickstarter also doesn't allow us to raise funds for charity.

We felt that using fixed funding on indiegogo would serve to be close to what kickstarter has to offer. But we would lose a lot of online traffic. Which I why I have been actively ending the community from a while back. Hoping you good people could help spread the word and our cause.

It does.  I figured geography was the issue.  I've seen it happen before - I'm actually working with an artist right now with similar issues of geography, but I'm also aiding with steering the design to some degree as well as planning to launch the Kickstarter for it.  I hope to offer it soon.  I helped the same artist sell one of his designs earlier this year for a respectable sum, too!

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2015, 10:21:02 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music

It does.  I figured geography was the issue.  I've seen it happen before - I'm actually working with an artist right now with similar issues of geography, but I'm also aiding with steering the design to some degree as well as planning to launch the Kickstarter for it.  I hope to offer it soon.  I helped the same artist sell one of his designs earlier this year for a respectable sum, too!
That's awesome Don. Hope to see your pledge ;)

Anyway, I just wanted to drop by to let you guys know Edo and myself are holding a contest via Instagram. Ask us any questions and if we answer your questions via video after the weekends, you will score a free mantecore deck. It's that simple. You need to pay for shipping though. It's a killer. But it will be free if you have already pledged at least one deck with us. Cheers. Have a great weekend. head over to our instagram @siegismyname or @edohuang for more details.

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2015, 02:35:50 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Hey guys, we are already at 51% in just 7 days. We will need all your help , no matter how small, to hit our goal. thank you all in advance. http://Http://igg.me/at/mantecore if you need the link. The tigers in the world will appreciate your help. ;)

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2015, 03:51:59 AM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
How do I change my pledge? I wanted to add a deck but I am not sure how I can add this without paying double shipping...
Back for more

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2015, 05:44:14 AM »

Cardfool

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
If you go to your account tab and click on My Contributions, you should see the projects that you have backed and for how much...there should be an option for Mantecore to upgrade your pledge, so you should be able to add a deck without incurring double shipping.

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2015, 12:09:52 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
How do I change my pledge? I wanted to add a deck but I am not sure how I can add this without paying double shipping...
Exactly what Cardfool said. Just add another deck that way plus additional shipping equivalent to the amount of decks pledged. That should do the trick. If you did not pledge using an Indiegogo account and are not able to upgrade. You could always select the one deck perk (or however more you want to add) and add just that few dollars difference of shipping from your previous pledge under the additional gifts and email me the details after you have done so. I will take care of the rest.
If you go to your account tab and click on My Contributions, you should see the projects that you have backed and for how much...there should be an option for Mantecore to upgrade your pledge, so you should be able to add a deck without incurring double shipping.
Thanks man.

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2015, 09:25:52 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Hey Everyone,

We just past the 4k mark and are giving away 1 of 6 of the prototype deck as a way of saying thanks. Every deck pledged from now till the end of the week, will get double the chance. All decks pledged before will get one chance each. So if you have been putting that thought of pledging on hold, this week might be a good time to do so. The draw will be done using random.org this coming Sunday.

We also released a Q&A talking about Mantecore and some other stuff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-ggR0UgOwo

igg.me/at/mantecore

Cheers
Ben

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2015, 11:30:05 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Hey guys,

I just wanna update that we are 20% to our goal with 3 days left. SO CLOSE!! http://igg.me/at/mantecore

There is great news for all backers and people who are about to pledge. The prices of pledges will still be the same but, every deck pledged will get you one of over 200, 1024px by 1024px digital artwork by Adrian Valenzuela which he is selling for $5 each. The more you pledge the more you get. You can check out his artwork on AV's Instagram. Here is a sample of his artwork. This will all only happen if we reach our goal of USD 7,000. Attached is a sample of his artwork.

Continue to spread the word and we should be there in no time.

Also, we recently got featured in a blog post in World of Playing Cards. http://www.wopc.co.uk/blog/mantecore-playing-cards

Cheers
Ben

« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2015, 07:18:38 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Hey guys. We are FULLY FUNDED. Mantecore Playing Cards is officially going to be a thing. Thank you if you have pledged. If you haven't and wanna help us out a little more and maybe hit our stretch goal, out campaign is still up for another 20 hours. After this campaign, the decks will not be sold at this price. So do grab one or more or an uncut sheet if you are interested. Here is the link. http://igg.me/at/Mantecore
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 07:19:34 AM by Siegismyname »

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2015, 07:51:43 AM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Hey guys. We are FULLY FUNDED. Mantecore Playing Cards is officially going to be a thing. Thank you if you have pledged. If you haven't and wanna help us out a little more and maybe hit our stretch goal, out campaign is still up for another 20 hours. After this campaign, the decks will not be sold at this price. So do grab one or more or an uncut sheet if you are interested. Here is the link. http://igg.me/at/Mantecore

Congrats to you and Edo for reaching the funding goal  :D
Back for more

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2015, 03:13:38 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music

Congrats to you and Edo for reaching the funding goal  :D
Thank you for your pledge as well.

We are now InDemand on the Indiegogo site. But not for long. So grab them while you still can.

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2015, 01:39:20 PM »

Cardfool

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
   :D Yes, congrats on the funding!  I am very much looking forward to my decks! :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 01:40:19 PM by Cardfool »

Re: FUNDED Mantecore Playing Cards LIVE on IndieGoGo
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2015, 10:10:28 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Thanks! I can't wait for the decks to be printed as well.