2013 Holiday Shopping Season - CARDS, MAGIC, CARDISTRY

Author (Read 24537 times)

Re: 2013 Holiday Shopping Season - CARDS, MAGIC, CARDISTRY
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2013, 04:56:22 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
I knew I was leaving one out.  And re the Stash: Wha?  How long did it last, an hour?  90 minutes?

I think less, actually!

I saw the email 45 minutes after the stash was up for sale. It took me maybe 10 minutes to choose some other cards, and then WHAM. Gone.

Also, Whispering Imps is doing a cyber Monday sale today.

http://whisperingimps.com/collections/all

There's collector's packs (One red one black) for just $22.50. Another great deal.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2013, 05:08:26 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Penguinmagic is doing a new $5 deal every hour. I just got the stealth pen.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2013, 06:06:59 PM »

10ofclubs

• Discourse Veteran
I had both a 12 deck pack and 6 deck pack in my cart way before either ran out. I just couldn't check out. Needless to say, I'm pretty sore about it.

I think Vanishing Inc. is having a sale today as we'll.

« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2013, 11:14:36 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Alex's Stash sold out around 40 minutes. I was there when it happened...
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2013, 12:07:01 AM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
Blue Crown is extending their Cyber Monday sale another 12 hours, because of the checkout issues.

Still time to get 3 dollar decks and downloads if you missed them.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2013, 12:15:37 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I'm still scratching my head as to how AP's stash deal was already sold out before Cyber Monday even began on Monday, December 2nd @12:01am.  :-\

It wasn't.  I checked at 12:40am EST and there were 3-packs still available.

MrMollusk stated they were still around for at least five minutes after that - but were sold out by 12:55am.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2013, 05:45:35 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
It required some serious patience, but I landed Red LTD and Gold Arcane decks from Ellusionist's cyber Monday (now Tuesday as well) sale.  Also landed a red artifice uncut sheet - I've never purchased a sheet before so I'm not exactly sure what to do with it...

-B
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2013, 05:53:13 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
It required some serious patience, but I landed Red LTD and Gold Arcane decks from Ellusionist's cyber Monday (now Tuesday as well) sale.  Also landed a red artifice uncut sheet - I've never purchased a sheet before so I'm not exactly sure what to do with it...

-B

I would suggest getting it framed nicely. When done well, it should look really good.

« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2013, 06:43:28 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover

-B

I would suggest getting it framed nicely. When done well, it should look really good.

Anyone have pics of framed sheets by any chance?

-B
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2013, 11:24:45 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
This thread has some pictures of framed uncuts.

http://aethercards.com/discourse/playing-card-plethora/framed-uncuts/

The ones CBJ posted have custom done designs for making the uncuts more of an art piece, but look through that thread, there are photos.

« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2013, 08:56:16 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
So I am unsure if I should start a new topic but T11s holiday contest - I really enjoy it. they even made it so if you use a proxy to hide your ip so you can spin for free again you can't, not that I tried, also I really would love to go meet David Copperfeild. That might beat Dons, David Blaine story.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2013, 10:01:51 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Did anyone take advantage of the Ellusionist (E) Flash Frenzy Cyber Monday Sales? I have been eager to get into the Black Club, I saw my opportunity at $110.25. The Black Club has probably increased in size 5X - 10X now. Could this increase impact E sending out free gifts to members due to additional shipping costs? Will E top what they did last year or will it decline?

The theory11 Christmas contest is amazing this year, I think. Your getting an opportunity to win something everyday. My first spin I received 50 elite points. I do have concerns about the coding of the wheel. Does everyone win 50 points first spin? I will keep you updated.

12/6 - 50 Elite Points
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 10:03:35 AM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2013, 10:39:23 AM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:
I won nothing with my first spin, so no everyone doesn't win with their first.

« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2013, 10:41:10 AM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector

The theory11 Christmas contest is amazing this year, I think. Your getting an opportunity to win something everyday. My first spin I received 50 elite points. I do have concerns about the coding of the wheel. Does everyone win 50 points first spin? I will keep you updated.

12/6 - 50 Elite Points

I got 50 Elite Points too, but I had a friend let me know they got the 500 points on their free spin. I'm guessing it's randomly, but more so that the probability is that you'll likely to get the lower rewards. Honestly, I'm hoping to win enough points for a free deck in the archives or win a free deck. I'd love the big prizes, but I know the odds of that are really really low like most lotteries.

Heads up on the Theory11 contest, but it's one free token EVERY 24 hours so it's not calendar day, but time based. It was posted on their forum.

« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2013, 11:02:08 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
I just did my free spin. Got 100 elite points. Can't complain.
- Adam

« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2013, 11:23:17 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

12/6 - 50 Elite Points

I got 50 Elite Points too, but I had a friend let me know they got the 500 points on their free spin. I'm guessing it's randomly, but more so that the probability is that you'll likely to get the lower rewards. Honestly, I'm hoping to win enough points for a free deck in the archives or win a free deck. I'd love the big prizes, but I know the odds of that are really really low like most lotteries.

Heads up on the Theory11 contest, but it's one free token EVERY 24 hours so it's not calendar day, but time based. It was posted on their forum.

I'm at about 6200 lifetime elite points. I'd like to get to the 10,000 elite member status. I'm good with the free points. I also want one of those ultimate bricks. I would have enjoyed having one of our members win it last year so we could see pictures. Most likely as you mentioned, each prize has a probability coded into the wheel.

I figured it was 24 hours after I tried taking spin #2 this morning. Good to know officially.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 05:02:17 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2013, 12:37:50 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
50 Elite Points on my first spin.  I think I would like that Camera.

« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2013, 12:54:59 PM »

Firdawesome

• True Member
I won 250 Elite points. Not too shabby!  ;D

« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2013, 03:48:38 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I won 100 elite points. I am hoping to claim my token for the next weekish and then cash them in for spins all on the same day if I can.

« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2013, 04:52:47 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
My second spin was 100 Elite Points. Now I'm wondering HOW or IF those points being WON are actually being added to my total. I'm also going to keep track of my total Elite Points each day I spin, just in-case there's a glitch (wink wink). This is too good to be true.

12/6 - 50 Elite Points
12/7 - 100 Elite Points (2367) 6,103 / 10k Lifetime Points

« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2013, 07:26:24 PM »

Alchemy8905

• Newcomer
I got 1000 elite points on my first spin!  :D

« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2013, 08:03:34 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
My second spin was 100 Elite Points. Now I'm wondering HOW or IF those points being WON are actually being added to my total. I'm also going to keep track of my total Elite Points each day I spin, just in-case there's a glitch (wink wink). This is too good to be true.

12/6 - 50 Elite Points

Within a few days they will e-mail you on how to redeem them.

« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2013, 11:33:22 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

12/6 - 50 Elite Points

Prizes can NOT be redeemed without a prize confirmation code, provided via email after spinning the wheel. Any potential winner who does not claim their prize within thirty (30) calendar days of first notification will forfeit his or her prize. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred. theory11 reserves the right to alter, nullify, or amend any contest rules or prizes at anytime.

All prizes must be verified with prize confirmation codes, and any entries found to be invalid will be disqualified. By participating in this contest, you affirm acknowledgement and agreement to these Official Rules, and theory11's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Has anyone received an email confirmation code?

@ John B.: Theory11 will be backlogged. They should get the email out within 24 hours to alleviate issues and customer support emails. The good thing is, we don't have to claim a prize we don't want.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 11:53:20 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2013, 12:00:18 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
My second spin was 100 Elite Points. Now I'm wondering HOW or IF those points being WON are actually being added to my total.

Easy - you have to enter your name and email address to spin.  Your email address is your login.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2013, 12:01:29 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

12/6 - 50 Elite Points

Prizes can NOT be redeemed without a prize confirmation code, provided via email after spinning the wheel. Any potential winner who does not claim their prize within thirty (30) calendar days of first notification will forfeit his or her prize. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred. theory11 reserves the right to alter, nullify, or amend any contest rules or prizes at anytime.

All prizes must be verified with prize confirmation codes, and any entries found to be invalid will be disqualified. By participating in this contest, you affirm acknowledgement and agreement to these Official Rules, and theory11's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Has anyone received an email confirmation code?

@ John B.: Theory11 will be backlogged. They should get the email out within 24 hours to alleviate issues and customer support emails. The good thing is, we don't have to claim a prize we don't want.

if there was a prize you did not want could you give it to someone? I posted on their fb page but no response.