You are Here:
Sky Island Airways Deck By Edo Huang and The Blue Crown

Author (Read 1454 times)

Sky Island Airways Deck By Edo Huang and The Blue Crown
« on: November 24, 2014, 10:59:46 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
My good friend Edo Huang and Alex from The Blue Crown have teamed up once again for a new deck. Last time they conquered the seas now they have set sight for the skies. Kardify.com recently ran a 2 part exclusive on the deck to be released 28/11/14

http://www.kardify.com/2014/11/first-look-sky-island-airways-playing.html?m=1
http://www.kardify.com/2014/11/exclusive-what-is-sky-island-airways-by.html?m=1

Here are some promo pics for those too lazy to click the link ;p
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 11:06:28 AM by Siegismyname »

Re: Sky Island Airways Deck By Edo Huang and The Blue Crown
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 11:08:21 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Here are some more pics. Alex Pandrea's Instagram also has pictures of notable magician posing with the deck.

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 01:08:18 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I saw gold ink on the black backs from the photos on kardify and again here, maybe metallic? Hard to tell in the photo but it doesn't look brown.

I like the courts. Sky Blue instead of black is a nice touch on the pips, all come fly with me. I don't much like the AoC, palm trees again haha. Not only do I not like palm trees to begin, or heart of palm for that matter (Specially if it's pickled in brine, ugh. It's edible if it's not.), but the minimal (Malibu) deck, didn't exactly help any. That's just me though, sometimes you just don't like a certain something. Others probably love the palms, all that.

Side note: Anyone else think the photo of two lighters and burning card is completely stupid? It's the 80's anymore and not cool. I wish people would stop making that silly crap. Playing cards, paper, it burns. We got it the first time, years ago. Side note to side note: Burning planes, even worse.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 02:39:54 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
...Side note: Anyone else think the photo of two lighters and burning card is completely stupid? It's the 80's anymore and not cool. I wish people would stop making that silly crap. Playing cards, paper, it burns. We got it the first time, years ago. Side note to side note: Burning planes, even worse.

That's true. 21th century, people. Use laser  ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 01:57:07 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
...Side note: Anyone else think the photo of two lighters and burning card is completely stupid? It's the 80's anymore and not cool. I wish people would stop making that silly crap. Playing cards, paper, it burns. We got it the first time, years ago. Side note to side note: Burning planes, even worse.

Haha, that would be infinitely more badass! :D
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 02:07:27 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Haha, that would be infinitely more badass! :D

It would - but lasers were only common in spy movies in the early 1960s, the time period the deck purportedly is from.  Hence the use of Zippo-style lighters rather than Bic disposables.  Why he insisted on burning the card, I have no idea - a lit cigarette in an ashtray would have sufficed much better.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 08:41:59 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I've got this message in my e-mail.

"Last Remaining Black SIA!
As part of our special birthday celebration that kicked off last night, we are offering the last remaining stock of our GORGEOUS Black & Gold Sky Island Deck.  Only 500 of these decks were ever printed and they have been very hard to obtain. Last night we offered the remaining 300 decks and in the past 22 hours almost all of them have been claimed. They will not last much longer, and once they're gone, they're GONE! Get yours now!"

http://thebluecrown.com/pandreas-stash.html
"Art is never finished, only abandoned" – Leonardo daVinci

"Measure twice, cut once." - Don Boyer