Mana Deck

Author (Read 83028 times)

Re: Mana Deck
« Reply #425 on: March 26, 2012, 02:08:58 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
This is crazy, why so expensive already, Ebay sellers want $60! That is just stupid, I wanted some of the decks, mostly just for resale though, I dont like the deck that much.
WROTE BY DON: The quote messed up.

Wanting until after they sell out to get them for resale isn't usually the best game plan.  The1eyedjack has them for far less, and you're best off waiting until more international orders are shipped and seeing how this affects the market price.  BG1E used to go for as much as $450 when it was REALLY new and rare, but these days, it ain't near that unless you buy off a reseller.  Same thing will probably happen here.

Sorry if that wasn`t clear, I ment that I wanted to get some off the official launch for resale, not now. I was also saying that I am not a very big fan of the deck and think it is way overhyped.

Gotcha.  So, you were simply interested because you could sell the deck at a profit?  Like all those eBay people you're complaining about who are doing exactly the same thing right now?  And you missed your chance?  Right?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #426 on: March 26, 2012, 08:53:10 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
So he's selling 1.5 times the price of mine? Hmmm.... why is he selling and I ain't? >:(
Probably because he is a reputable dealer and he is more well known throughout the community.

...and you aren't advertising them as well as they are.  Have you considered putting a post with your eBay link in the STISO forum?
This is crazy, why so expensive already, Ebay sellers want $60! That is just stupid, I wanted some of the decks, mostly just for resale though, I dont like the deck that much.

Wanting until after they sell out to get them for resale isn't usually the best game plan.  The1eyedjack has them for far less, and you're best off waiting until more international orders are shipped and seeing how this affects the market price.  BG1E used to go for as much as $450 when it was REALLY new and rare, but these days, it ain't near that unless you buy off a reseller.  Same thing will probably happen here.

i always didnt like the 1 eye jack method. He raise's the price as soon as  the inventory get's smaller now is 24.99. well Technically he still has 12 last time i check he had 17 by the time he gets to 7 im sure it will be 40 or 30 get them while

Supply, meet Demand.  Demand, this is Supply.  :))

He's a reseller and wants to get the best price he can without hurting his sales.  Right now, he feels that deck can still sell at the higher price without cutting into volume.  This is what happens to things that are limited in supply and high in demand.  If the decks languish on his shelves long enough, perhaps he'll mark them down - or not, since they'll probably sell out before that ever happens.

He, like many other retailers, still have the Big Gun decks at a premium price due to what he paid for it in the first place - cutting the price there means selling them at a loss, and a small retailer can't absorb a loss as well as a major company like USPC or Wingra can.  Even if he got the decks at pre-sale prices, he still had to pay those whacked-out shipping charges - and maybe more than we did, since he has them before I do and we would have ordered around the same time, meaning that he paid a premium for faster shipping.  I can't imagine that even if he wanted to, he couldn't cut the prices of his Mana decks too deeply.

Well that's just my problem here, Ebay cock-blocked me on sales. They said i reached my selling limit and can only sell within the next 30 day period. Question here, is the 30 day period counted as a month(once reach limit in march, means can only sell again in april?) or is it after 30 day from the date of last sales?

« Reply #427 on: March 26, 2012, 10:12:22 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
So he's selling 1.5 times the price of mine? Hmmm.... why is he selling and I ain't? >:(
Probably because he is a reputable dealer and he is more well known throughout the community.

...and you aren't advertising them as well as they are.  Have you considered putting a post with your eBay link in the STISO forum?

Well that's just my problem here, Ebay cock-blocked me on sales. They said i reached my selling limit and can only sell within the next 30 day period. Question here, is the 30 day period counted as a month(once reach limit in march, means can only sell again in april?) or is it after 30 day from the date of last sales?

Then you have a few alternatives:
a) post in the STISO board just as a "for sale" item, undercutting the other prices if possible
b) upgrade your eBay account to allow more sales
c) wait for the 30-day period to end - and ask eBay when it ends exactly.  I'd wager you have to wait for 30 days since the last sale, but that's strictly a guess.

If you opt for a), consider posting on other forums as well, like UC.

« Reply #428 on: March 26, 2012, 10:25:36 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran

a) post in the STISO board just as a "for sale" item, undercutting the other prices if possible
c) wait for the 30-day period to end - and ask eBay when it ends exactly.  I'd wager you have to wait for 30 days since the last sale, but that's strictly a guess.

I did try upgrading my account but ebay would let me into the application page.

« Reply #429 on: March 26, 2012, 10:35:13 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I'll assume you meant "wouldn't" - which leaves a) and c).  You can do a) immediately.  What are you waiting for?  :))

« Reply #430 on: March 26, 2012, 10:57:16 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran

I'll assume you meant "wouldn't" - which leaves a) and c).  You can do a) immediately.  What are you waiting for?  :))
Oops. :P

« Reply #431 on: March 26, 2012, 06:13:59 PM »

vmagic

If anyone wants a Mana, I would be more than happy to trade one for a set of the new Tahoes from DealingDeuces. I'd buy them myself but I don't have Paypal anymore and $30 for shipping is outrageous!

« Reply #432 on: March 27, 2012, 02:09:37 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
If anyone wants a Mana, I would be more than happy to trade one for a set of the new Tahoes from DealingDeuces. I'd buy them myself but I don't have Paypal anymore and $30 for shipping is outrageous!

Then make a post on the STISO board, not here!   ;D   I noticed DealingDeuces is actually a member here and posted about his cards - maybe you can cut a deal...

EDIT: he's offering a discount for Discourse members, and I just asked him to post all the details on STISO.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:15:42 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #433 on: March 27, 2012, 05:36:23 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
I'm just wondering, of those who ordered directly during the pre-sale, did anyone ordering from Asia get any partial refunds on the shipping? Or was it restricted to outside of Asia, or even the US?

« Reply #434 on: March 27, 2012, 05:58:17 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I'm just wondering, of those who ordered directly during the pre-sale, did anyone ordering from Asia get any partial refunds on the shipping? Or was it restricted to outside of Asia, or even the US?

Can't say for sure.  I only know that I was a contest winner and got to "pre-pre-order", I got a small amount refunded back, and I'm in New York.  Three decks paid, one deck won, about $6 and change back.

« Reply #435 on: March 27, 2012, 08:26:29 AM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
my decks are currently in the german customs,how do i know? yeah thanks to a tracking number which is not trackable online....yeah power to the DHL :-) guess i will have them here tomorrow !
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #436 on: March 27, 2012, 08:42:08 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
my decks are currently in the german customs,how do i know? yeah thanks to a tracking number which is not trackable online....yeah power to the DHL :-) guess i will have them here tomorrow !

But you still haven't answered the question: did Mana give you a partial refund on the shipping or not?

« Reply #437 on: March 27, 2012, 09:00:29 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
Nope didnt get any refund.

« Reply #438 on: March 27, 2012, 10:26:30 AM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
I'm in the UK and got my Mana decks today, I didn't get any money refunded from the shipping, I won 2 decks from the contests and bought 2 so 4 in total, I paid 28usd for shipping, about 20usd for the 2 decks so about 48usd in total, it works out to roughly 12usd per deck inc the 2 I won so im happy with that and shipping was quick, they estimated 2-4 weeks but they were sent on the 19th march and arrived today which is the 27th march, so a day over a week.

Erik autographed 1 deck and my first impressions of the tuck case are very good. I loved the artwork from the photos I'd seen and I look forward to breaking them open when I get a chance.
UC

« Reply #439 on: March 27, 2012, 10:39:20 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
Alright i asked about the shipping and they said only two person got the refund.

Mana Playing Cards: Only two people got refunds. One was because it was the wrong shipping cost and the other was because we consilidated two orders into one shipping. Other than that there was no other refunds for shipping. As for your damaged deck, we made sure we packaged your order very carefully, we are not responsible for a damaged deck due to shipping. Sorry.

« Reply #440 on: March 27, 2012, 10:54:35 AM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
I got one slightly damaged deck but they were packaged very well so I'm sure it happened in transit, these things happen, plenty of videos online show the carelessness of delivery company employees so im not surprised. Theory 11 sent me a very badly damaged deckone v2 once, it was just loose in the box with a little brown paper over it so I wasn't surprised but they sent me a replacement v1 deckone that's been kept sealed ;)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 11:20:04 AM by the flying fisherman »
UC

« Reply #441 on: March 27, 2012, 01:45:34 PM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator

But you still haven't answered the question: did Mana give you a partial refund on the shipping or not?
Oh sorry forget that question.No i got no refund.
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #442 on: March 27, 2012, 11:27:30 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Alright i asked about the shipping and they said only two person got the refund.

Mana Playing Cards: Only two people got refunds. One was because it was the wrong shipping cost and the other was because we consilidated two orders into one shipping. Other than that there was no other refunds for shipping. As for your damaged deck, we made sure we packaged your order very carefully, we are not responsible for a damaged deck due to shipping. Sorry.

I don't think that's entirely truthful, and I do think it's a bit rude.

It's looking like few people got any kind of refund, those mostly being in America.  I'm thinking he just found a slightly cheaper way to ship to America, or that my order's shipping option got downgraded and I was given the difference.  I placed my order during the pre-order period with the other contest winners and I checked my PO Box this evening - still no Mana decks.

« Reply #443 on: March 29, 2012, 06:13:44 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
I paid $15 for shipping and got mine in today. I never got a refund or heard anything about it until just now (I pre-ordered mine).

« Reply #444 on: March 29, 2012, 09:10:22 PM »

DelMagic

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
I'm in the US and my cards arrived on Tuesday. Of course I wasn't here when they attempted to deliver them and they had to be signed for. So, I had to go to the Post Office on Wednesday and pick them up.

I'm always amazed that the packages from the Asia/Pacific region always have to be signed for. I wish I could ship things overseas with signature required for that low of a price. Why is it so inexpensive for them to send it here that way but very expensive for us to send it there? I always have to go to the Post Office the next day since I'm not home when they attempt to deliver them. It is annoying.

My decks were very well packed and in great shape.

« Reply #445 on: March 30, 2012, 03:53:40 AM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
Just out of curiousity, how many of you open autographed decks? I got four mana decks, one that's out of the cellophane and signed, I like decks to stay in the cellophane so as the signed one is out of it I was thinking I'd just break the seal on that one, do you guys do the same or do you like to keep signed decks sealed? It's also got a slightly damaged tuck case.
UC

« Reply #446 on: March 30, 2012, 06:28:05 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Just out of curiousity, how many of you open autographed decks? I got four mana decks, one that's out of the cellophane and signed, I like decks to stay in the cellophane so as the signed one is out of it I was thinking I'd just break the seal on that one, do you guys do the same or do you like to keep signed decks sealed? It's also got a slightly damaged tuck case.

I generally try to keep signed decks sealed. If the deck doesn't have a seal, or they signed cards on the inside, I see so problem with taking the cards out of the box.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #447 on: March 30, 2012, 08:40:18 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i have a signed black crown deck and when i receive it i just open to see the design and place it back

« Reply #448 on: March 30, 2012, 06:49:59 PM »

munro159

• Discourse Lover
I recieved mine Monday but I paid for express shipping (I think it was only $15 more for my order) so it took about a week to recieve mine. In fact I probably would have gotten mine in less than a week but US customs held onto them for 2 days.  My decks were packaged fantastic and there was no damage. The only complaint I have would be the expensive shipping but I know it is expensive to ship express so its really not much of a complaint. They had top notch customer service in my book. The only advice I could give to them would be a cheaper standard shipping option....especially for only 1 or 2 decks.

« Reply #449 on: March 31, 2012, 03:59:02 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I'm in the US and my cards arrived on Tuesday. Of course I wasn't here when they attempted to deliver them and they had to be signed for. So, I had to go to the Post Office on Wednesday and pick them up.

I'm always amazed that the packages from the Asia/Pacific region always have to be signed for. I wish I could ship things overseas with signature required for that low of a price. Why is it so inexpensive for them to send it here that way but very expensive for us to send it there? I always have to go to the Post Office the next day since I'm not home when they attempt to deliver them. It is annoying.

My decks were very well packed and in great shape.

It could have a lot to do with many countries having a less expensive average income.

Still haven't seen mine yet, and I requested faster shipping.  Not so fast after all.  Granted, I haven't checked my mail since Tuesday, so anything's possible.