Mana Deck

Author (Read 82959 times)

Re: Mana Deck
« Reply #400 on: March 18, 2012, 12:31:07 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
It's looking like they found cheaper shipping to the US - or they're still working their way through invoices and will discount the others in time.  Perhaps you should ask?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #401 on: March 20, 2012, 07:07:51 AM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member
Just got an email from Mana Playing Cards:

Hey guys,

For those of you who missed out last week on our pre-order we have some awesome news!! We were able to get another 144 decks from Cutting Edge. Plus we are still sticking with our pre-order  price of $9.95 with bulk order discounts too!

Our original pre-order stock flew out so fast, we sold out within hours of opening and now we're able to get just a little bit more for those who missed out. 144 decks will definitely not last!!

We're opening our door only though the link below, so if you're lucky enough to get this email then you can still get a Mana deck!

GET YOUR MANA DECK HERE!!

Good luck and hope to see you on the other side!! ;)

Cheers!
Mana Playing Cards
Magus per Mens et Manus
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #402 on: March 20, 2012, 02:59:22 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
woke up this morning and saw the mail too.. but when I clicked to their website, this message came up:

"Sorry! Within 5 minutes of opening our doors, the extra 144 decks are now all sold out!

We will notify you if we are able to get more. Thank you!"  :( :( :(

« Reply #403 on: March 20, 2012, 04:12:45 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
woke up this morning and saw the mail too.. but when I clicked to their website, this message came up:

"Sorry! Within 5 minutes of opening our doors, the extra 144 decks are now all sold out!

Same thing for me... :/ kinda disappointing...

« Reply #404 on: March 21, 2012, 12:34:17 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Same thing for me... :/ kinda disappointing...

It doesn't surprise me at all, unfortunately for you guys.  A gross of playing cards sounds like a lot, until you get twelve people wanting a brick each...  I've seen bigger quantities of rare items go bye-bye just as fast - Anyone remember the David Blaine Variety Box?

« Reply #405 on: March 21, 2012, 01:22:06 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Don't worry, I'm sure these idiots will find a way to start selling them on eBay for a fortune... Feels very liberating to not have to own every deck that comes out anymore... Saving money and taking even more pride in knowing that I'm not falling for the foolishness that is tarnishing a hobby that I hold very dear to my heart...

« Reply #406 on: March 21, 2012, 01:28:51 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Don't worry, I'm sure these idiots will find a way to start selling them on eBay for a fortune... Feels very liberating to not have to own every deck that comes out anymore... Saving money and taking even more pride in knowing that I'm not falling for the foolishness that is tarnishing a hobby that I hold very dear to my heart...
I know exacally what you mean about not owning every new deck. I am only buying new releases that are 100% custom or are something I find particularily cool. I had been buying every new deck, but it was just cutting into my money too much. It feels very nice to have some extra money to spend on decks I acctually like.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #407 on: March 21, 2012, 07:47:37 AM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
Mana Playing Cards has sent out the EMS and Airmail parcels.
Only EMS orders (5 or more decks) will get a tracking number.
I recieved my tracking number 6hrs ago via email.
You can't use it to track online,PH is somehow a poor country and this service is not offered anyways you can get the parcel tracked in your local carrier office like DHL etc.

With EMS the parcel will take 3-5 business days till it arrives.
Praying that the parcel will arrive next week on wednesday :-)

Can't wait to have them in my hands to perform with!
Now give us the Seasons Playing Cards please and i'm happy.
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #409 on: March 24, 2012, 02:19:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Found two decks on ebay! They are really really really expensive!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-Mana-Playing-Cards-Oracle-Edition/130669792612?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=003&category=1438&cmd=ViewItem#ht_500wt_1145
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mana-Playing-Cards-Oracle-Edition/130669794006?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=003&category=1438&cmd=ViewItem#ht_500wt_1145

It doesn't surprise me that RunIt has them up for sale.  I'm thinking orders within the Philippines got filled the fastest since it was domestic mail delivery.  $30 for unsigned and $60 for signed seems steep, even for this deck - smart money will wait for wider distribution first, while the "gotta-have-it-now" crowd will jump at them, even at that price.

« Reply #410 on: March 24, 2012, 10:11:37 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
Found two decks on ebay! They are really really really expensive!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-Mana-Playing-Cards-Oracle-Edition/130669792612?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=003&category=1438&cmd=ViewItem#ht_500wt_1145
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mana-Playing-Cards-Oracle-Edition/130669794006?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=003&category=1438&cmd=ViewItem#ht_500wt_1145

It doesn't surprise me that RunIt has them up for sale.  I'm thinking orders within the Philippines got filled the fastest since it was domestic mail delivery.  $30 for unsigned and $60 for signed seems steep, even for this deck - smart money will wait for wider distribution first, while the "gotta-have-it-now" crowd will jump at them, even at that price.
Sold out:/ :o

« Reply #411 on: March 24, 2012, 01:46:26 PM »

vmagic

For those still looking to get these, the1eyedjack.com will have these some time this week although the won't be cheap, somewhere around $18.99 or more according to Jason.

« Reply #412 on: March 24, 2012, 04:06:15 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
It's not too surprising to see them at that price. I figured that it would be pretty expensive to get them from resellers, so I bit the bullet and got them from the pre-sale. I can't wait to get them!!

I'll be interested to see how the after market fluctuates once everybody gets their cards and more resellers pop up.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #413 on: March 25, 2012, 11:11:53 AM »

vmagic

the1eyedjack.com is now selling the Mana deck at $22.95 each, fortunately I got a bit of a deal on them.  ;)

« Reply #414 on: March 25, 2012, 11:17:08 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
pretty ex i say.

« Reply #415 on: March 25, 2012, 01:47:45 PM »

Mago

i always didnt like the 1 eye jack method. He raise's the price as soon as  the inventory get's smaller now is 24.99. well Technically he still has 12 last time i check he had 17 by the time he gets to 7 im sure it will be 40 or 30 get them while
"A deck of cards is  like a bottle of wine the older the better"!!!!

« Reply #416 on: March 25, 2012, 02:19:10 PM »

vmagic

Didn't know he already raised the price. I'm sure other sellers will be selling for similar prices. Good thing I pretty much preordered them from him and thanks to him I got them even cheaper, for like $18 each.

« Reply #417 on: March 25, 2012, 03:53:15 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
You guys do know we have a coupon code for him on the list, right?

« Reply #418 on: March 25, 2012, 05:12:07 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Sure do Don.  I ordered 4 mana decks this morning from the1eyedjack and used the coupon code.  :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 05:12:33 PM by Knobz1 »
- Adam

« Reply #419 on: March 25, 2012, 07:44:49 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I thought they made it sound like the1eyedjack was going to be their U.S. seller so when I saw that price, I was extremely disappointed.

« Reply #420 on: March 25, 2012, 08:53:37 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
This is crazy, why so expensive already, Ebay sellers want $60! That is just stupid, I wanted some of the decks, mostly just for resale though, I dont like the deck that much.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #421 on: March 25, 2012, 10:34:55 PM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
So he's selling 1.5 times the price of mine? Hmmm.... why is he selling and I ain't? >:(

« Reply #422 on: March 25, 2012, 11:20:58 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
So he's selling 1.5 times the price of mine? Hmmm.... why is he selling and I ain't? >:(
Probably because he is a reputable dealer and he is more well known throughout the community.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #423 on: March 26, 2012, 01:03:07 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Probably because he is a reputable dealer and he is more well known throughout the community.

...and you aren't advertising them as well as they are.  Have you considered putting a post with your eBay link in the STISO forum?
This is crazy, why so expensive already, Ebay sellers want $60! That is just stupid, I wanted some of the decks, mostly just for resale though, I dont like the deck that much.

Wanting until after they sell out to get them for resale isn't usually the best game plan.  The1eyedjack has them for far less, and you're best off waiting until more international orders are shipped and seeing how this affects the market price.  BG1E used to go for as much as $450 when it was REALLY new and rare, but these days, it ain't near that unless you buy off a reseller.  Same thing will probably happen here.

i always didnt like the 1 eye jack method. He raise's the price as soon as  the inventory get's smaller now is 24.99. well Technically he still has 12 last time i check he had 17 by the time he gets to 7 im sure it will be 40 or 30 get them while

Supply, meet Demand.  Demand, this is Supply.  :))

He's a reseller and wants to get the best price he can without hurting his sales.  Right now, he feels that deck can still sell at the higher price without cutting into volume.  This is what happens to things that are limited in supply and high in demand.  If the decks languish on his shelves long enough, perhaps he'll mark them down - or not, since they'll probably sell out before that ever happens.

He, like many other retailers, still have the Big Gun decks at a premium price due to what he paid for it in the first place - cutting the price there means selling them at a loss, and a small retailer can't absorb a loss as well as a major company like USPC or Wingra can.  Even if he got the decks at pre-sale prices, he still had to pay those whacked-out shipping charges - and maybe more than we did, since he has them before I do and we would have ordered around the same time, meaning that he paid a premium for faster shipping.  I can't imagine that even if he wanted to, he couldn't cut the prices of his Mana decks too deeply.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 01:10:19 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #424 on: March 26, 2012, 01:14:12 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
WROTE BY DON: The quote messed up.

Wanting until after they sell out to get them for resale isn't usually the best game plan.  The1eyedjack has them for far less, and you're best off waiting until more international orders are shipped and seeing how this affects the market price.  BG1E used to go for as much as $450 when it was REALLY new and rare, but these days, it ain't near that unless you buy off a reseller.  Same thing will probably happen here.

Sorry if that wasn`t clear, I ment that I wanted to get some off the official launch for resale, not now. I was also saying that I am not a very big fan of the deck and think it is way overhyped.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 01:17:02 AM by Aaron »