Author (Read 83012 times)

Re: Mana Deck
« Reply #250 on: March 04, 2012, 04:39:44 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I got the email too.
So, I think they are talking about the 5th march pre order.
The pre order you get is the special one I guess.

« Reply #251 on: March 04, 2012, 04:46:13 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
I got the email too.

It's for the contest winners. We could pre-order right now before everyone else on the 5th. It's not too much difference, just a few days. You'll get your chance tomorrow!

« Reply #252 on: March 04, 2012, 04:49:27 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I got the email too.

It's for the contest winners. We could pre-order right now before everyone else on the 5th. It's not too much difference, just a few days. You'll get your chance tomorrow!

The email is for everyone that subscribe to them.

« Reply #253 on: March 04, 2012, 04:51:10 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I got the email too.

Yeah we were talking about their last email (see Don's post). We know about the pre-orders and everything. Don was just a little confused with their last email.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #254 on: March 04, 2012, 04:55:36 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
I meant the "special" one she said. That one is for the contest winners, where a link is provided for us to preorder right now. I've gotten the other email for the general subscribers too.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 04:55:51 AM by sxjy0109 »

« Reply #255 on: March 04, 2012, 05:13:21 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I got the email too.

Yeah we were talking about their last email (see Don's post). We know about the pre-orders and everything. Don was just a little confused with their last email.

Yeah, I think you're right.  I assumed it was for contest winners since I got the "pre-pre-order" email.  But since non-contest winners are receiving them as well, they must be offering this to everyone.

Well, folks, if you want to get them cheaper than retail, this is your chance.  I could be wrong, but I think the larger orders are more economical not only because of a "% off" price, but also because they'll get cheaper shipping on a per-deck basis.  But still, it's not cheap.

Too many expensive decks out now.  The shipping issue on this isn't helping, either - now I know exactly how Asian and European collectors feel about new decks released in America!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #256 on: March 04, 2012, 01:20:35 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
More news on the Mana deck - and many of you won't like it.  I got this as a contest winner for one deck, just arrived in my mailbox earlier this morning.  Forgive any formatting glitches - the Discourse is grumpy...

Hi Friends,

Since our last email to everyone announcing the pre-order sale, we've had floods of replies excited about the pre-order sale. We're happy to see that you're all stoked about this.

After much talk and debate, we have decided to add more value to this pre-order sale.
  • Uncut sheet giveaway - When we close the pre-order form, we will enter each pre-order customer name into a raffle draw for one uncut sheet. And we will ship that uncut sheet along with the winner's order.
  • Upon official release the Mana deck SRP will increase to $10.95. That means that this pre-order sale is your chance to get your deck at only $9.95 or cheaper. After the pre-order sale, the deck goes up to $10.95, so take advantage of this pre-order sale.

• We're all excited and ready for March 5. Thank you again for all your support!

Best regards,
    The Mana Deck Team

So, I have a chance at getting a free uncut.  But anyone who didn't win a contest gets to pay a HIGHER price, IN ADDITION to costly shipping.  Not cool.
This is retarded >:(  Why would they want to make only their contest winners happy? Who would decide to sell decks for more money to people who are already sad they didnt win a contest, have extreme shipping costs and pre-sell a bunch of decks to the people who already have decks >:( >:( >:(  I really wanted some of these but will be skipping them now >:(
That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard! Im a contest winner and I still think that it should be the people who HAVEN'T won contests that can preorder already.

« Reply #257 on: March 04, 2012, 02:04:12 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
I really wanted some of these but will be skipping them now >:(
I decided to skip them 2 days ago.  :-\
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 02:04:52 PM by digipunk »

« Reply #258 on: March 04, 2012, 02:10:54 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
They are throwing away alot of buyers with high shipping costs and dumb marketing moves.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #259 on: March 04, 2012, 02:36:59 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
They are throwing away alot of buyers with high shipping costs and dumb marketing moves.
I will skip them mainly because of the price of the deck and the shipping method they use. $10 may buy one of collectible OOP decks here, even those secret Skulkor brothers sell their decks for $7 each. If I paid $9.95 or $10.95 for a newly released deck, I would think myself stupid. On the other hand, I know EMS is expensive, but... don't think these decks need to use EMS to trace.

« Reply #260 on: March 04, 2012, 02:58:17 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
More news on the Mana deck - and many of you won't like it.  I got this as a contest winner for one deck, just arrived in my mailbox earlier this morning.  Forgive any formatting glitches - the Discourse is grumpy...

Hi Friends,

Since our last email to everyone announcing the pre-order sale, we've had floods of replies excited about the pre-order sale. We're happy to see that you're all stoked about this.

After much talk and debate, we have decided to add more value to this pre-order sale.
  • Uncut sheet giveaway - When we close the pre-order form, we will enter each pre-order customer name into a raffle draw for one uncut sheet. And we will ship that uncut sheet along with the winner's order.
  • Upon official release the Mana deck SRP will increase to $10.95. That means that this pre-order sale is your chance to get your deck at only $9.95 or cheaper. After the pre-order sale, the deck goes up to $10.95, so take advantage of this pre-order sale.

• We're all excited and ready for March 5. Thank you again for all your support!

Best regards,
    The Mana Deck Team

So, I have a chance at getting a free uncut.  But anyone who didn't win a contest gets to pay a HIGHER price, IN ADDITION to costly shipping.  Not cool.
This is retarded >:(  Why would they want to make only their contest winners happy? Who would decide to sell decks for more money to people who are already sad they didnt win a contest, have extreme shipping costs and pre-sell a bunch of decks to the people who already have decks >:( >:( >:(  I really wanted some of these but will be skipping them now >:(
That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard! Im a contest winner and I still think that it should be the people who HAVEN'T won contests that can preorder already.

Guys if you read over the past couple pages you'll see that this ISN'T true!! There was some confusion there, but it is for all those who pre-order not just the contest winners. Everybody got that email, not just contest winners. It refers to March 5th the date of open pre-orders for everybody. So they aren't screwing anybody over.

« Reply #261 on: March 04, 2012, 03:26:50 PM »

danktrees

• Elite Member
lol i thought their email was pretty clear, i dont see why everyone is so confused...

« Reply #262 on: March 04, 2012, 04:18:41 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
The pricing is pretty nuts, but I still think this deck is worth at least owning a couple...whether you get them from the source or reseller.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #263 on: March 04, 2012, 11:27:09 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
just came to my attention that these come out in 30 mins.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #264 on: March 04, 2012, 11:45:17 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
just came to my attention that these come out in 30 mins.

yes indeed they do! I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to get any  :o It's a difficult decision. They are way pricey but so elegant

« Reply #265 on: March 05, 2012, 12:03:18 AM »

xlacs

• Forum Regular
No problems with the pre-order form. Just waiting for the shipping options that will be sent via email

« Reply #266 on: March 05, 2012, 12:06:36 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
No problems with the pre-order form. Just waiting for the shipping options that will be sent via email

No problems on my end either! I ended up going for these since I've been a huge fan but I went for less than I was originally going to buy. Still excited though! Now just to wait for that paypal email

« Reply #267 on: March 05, 2012, 12:07:19 AM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
Thank you for your pre-order! ;)
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #268 on: March 05, 2012, 12:09:29 AM »

Eyeball

• Elite Member

So did they still give you a shipping quote, or will that all be settled via email? I'm wondering if theres any chance of a cheaper shipping option other than $20 for 1-3 decks because that's just too much for my wallet :(
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 12:10:51 AM by Eyeball »

« Reply #269 on: March 05, 2012, 12:12:06 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I am going to fill out a pre-order and see the shipping to Canada but it won/t even load it.

EDIT:
I have tried like 15 times to get it to submit but it wont work so I dont really care about them. >:(
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 12:12:51 AM by Aaron »

« Reply #270 on: March 05, 2012, 12:13:10 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
Waiting for my invoice right now:D

« Reply #271 on: March 05, 2012, 12:13:52 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
I just pre-ordered a brick....but if the shipping is crazy (more then $40), I may need to decline my order. These just look so beautiful and elegant!

I feel like Romeo betraying the Montague's if that makes sense...on second thought it probably doesn't...well screw it...it's late and I'm tired...I just hope I don't hate myself when I wake up for ordering all of these  ???
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #272 on: March 05, 2012, 12:15:59 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Can anyone tell me if when you click submit it takes you to a new page, or does it just reload the same page? Maybe I`ll try a different browser. ???

EDIT:
I got an E-Mail saying that I am using an automated machine and they won`t sell to me!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  F*** MANA
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 12:21:28 AM by Aaron »

« Reply #273 on: March 05, 2012, 12:18:03 AM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
i went with 4, but im still waiting for the email about shipping and what not. if its a shit ton ill just say nvm. i dont like the way they are going about selling these.
have you heard the word???

« Reply #274 on: March 05, 2012, 12:26:50 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Has anybody gotten the email about shipping options and whatnot?