Magical as Sin!

Re: Mana Deck
« Reply #226 on: March 02, 2012, 09:16:18 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
EMS shipping is only 3-4 days.
Airmail is usually 1 week, sometimes 2 weeks.

I think they will ship thru airmail, but they said 2-3 weeks just for packaging and sending.

« Reply #227 on: March 02, 2012, 09:19:39 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah the wait on the shipping isn't too bad! I've gotten use to the long wait from Kickstarter so 2-3 weeks isn't too bad but the price you gotta pay for shipping is pretty steep!! That's why I think it's smarter to wait for a reseller.

Got my pre-order in.....booya! 8)

How many did you end up getting?
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #228 on: March 02, 2012, 09:20:21 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Don't worry digipunk shipping to other asian countries is much cheaper compared to other countries. I believe the prices would be 13-17usd and maybe he will ship via EMS, so it will only take 7-10 days or he can find some cheaper alternatives on shipping. Btw here in the Philippines, air parcel cost almost as EMS, :(  so it is a better choice to ship  using EMS.

Thanks, I just checked the postage from TW to countries in Asia and Oceania, 0.25-0.5Kg (goods) costs around $15 if using EMS. (but I believe I will receive packages from Asian countries in 4 days with EMS)

« Reply #229 on: March 02, 2012, 09:24:29 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
EMS shipping is only 3-4 days.
Airmail is usually 1 week, sometimes 2 weeks.

I think they will ship thru airmail, but they said 2-3 weeks just for packaging and sending.

Actually the delivery speed in Asia is very quite. According to my experiences, Airmail (JP to TW) took 4 days and EMS (SG to TW) took only 2 days.

« Reply #230 on: March 02, 2012, 09:35:28 PM »

vmagic

Really? That's surprising seeing as how preorders don't start for another 2 days. Can you explain how you got a preorder in already?

« Reply #231 on: March 02, 2012, 09:41:03 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:

Really? That's surprising seeing as how preorders don't start for another 2 days. Can you explain how you got a preorder in already?
Someone (I believe MagicAddictz) said that people that won his contests could pre-order the decks early, but they can only order a maximum of two bricks per-person during this timeframe.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #232 on: March 02, 2012, 09:48:31 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Someone (I believe MagicAddictz) said that people that won his contests could pre-order the decks early, but they can only order a maximum of two bricks per-person during this timeframe.
Yes, loldude is correct on that. There was an email sent out to contest winners giving them a link to preorder the decks early.

« Reply #233 on: March 03, 2012, 03:31:05 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Yes, loldude is correct on that. There was an email sent out to contest winners giving them a link to preorder the decks early.

I preordered also.  One deck I won plus three decks I bought.  $30 for EMS shipping.  This is NOT cheap shipping by a long shot, but the Philippines are an island nation and not exactly next door to the US.  It's on par with what I paid for shipping of the Bicycle Clot decks when I bought them out of Taiwan.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #234 on: March 03, 2012, 10:00:59 AM »

anep21

• Elite Member
so how many of you guys want to buy together?

« Reply #235 on: March 03, 2012, 10:32:08 AM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Am I missing something? How did you pre-order?
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #236 on: March 03, 2012, 10:44:57 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
Am I missing something? How did you pre-order?
Previous contest winner for mana playing cards gets early access to pre order forms.

« Reply #237 on: March 03, 2012, 11:56:03 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
I preordered also.  One deck I won plus three decks I bought.  $30 for EMS shipping.  This is NOT cheap shipping by a long shot, but the Philippines are an island nation and not exactly next door to the US.  It's on par with what I paid for shipping of the Bicycle Clot decks when I bought them out of Taiwan.
In fact, Clot is from Hong Kong, not Taiwan :P :P
Taiwan PO provides Airmail (like USPS first-class mail) and Priority Parcel (like USPS Priority Flat Rate Box), these 2 shipping methods are cheaper than EMS and effecient (and trackable). Normally we don't need to use EMS. For example, shipping 4 decks to US costs $8.5 and takes 6-8 days, and it is trackable until it is delivered.

I still feel $30 for 4 decks with EMS is overcharged, unless insurance is included. I just looked up the table, from TW to US with EMS, $18.5 for packages under 0.5Kg and $23 for packages under 1Kg.

« Reply #238 on: March 03, 2012, 11:59:54 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I started using my Mana deck again yesterday and I'm liking it more and more. But hopefully there will be good prices from US resellers.

Also, I got an email from Mana about their shipping and stuff

« Reply #239 on: March 03, 2012, 12:05:01 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
In fact, Clot is from Hong Kong, not Taiwan :P :P
Taiwan PO provides Airmail (like USPS first-class mail) and Priority Parcel (like USPS Priority Flat Rate Box), these 2 shipping methods are cheaper than EMS and effecient (and trackable). Normally we don't need to use EMS. For example, shipping 4 decks to US costs $8.5 and takes 6-8 days, and it is trackable until it is delivered.

I still feel $30 for 4 decks with EMS is overcharged, unless insurance is included. I just looked up the table, from TW to US with EMS, $18.5 for packages under 0.5Kg and $23 for packages under 1Kg.

I stand corrected.

The shipping is high, but I've been told all Philippines shipping is high.  Not cheap.  These cards better be worth it!

« Reply #240 on: March 03, 2012, 01:30:30 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
There seems to be many Asians in the card collecting community... Being that their economy seems to be a bit stronger than ours, it is only natural that they take advantage of this and produce some decks... What is troubling is that the decks are produced here in the United States and then shipped to Asia, only to be shipped back to the U.S. for an absolutely ridiculous amount of money... If the companies were smarter they'd partner up with someone in the states... They would sell a lot more decks if they charged reasonable shipping...  Everyone needs to set limits for themselves and as much as i like the cards, I'm coming to a point in my collecting where I'm not going to waste money (in this case on shipping charges)...

« Reply #241 on: March 03, 2012, 01:37:57 PM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
well that´s exactly how we non-us people feel.
we always pay huuuge amounts of shipping fees + customs.

Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #242 on: March 03, 2012, 02:02:57 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
@jmrock, the world and the market is so large, decks are not for US buyers only. You know USPC is simply a manufacturer, they should work under the contract. The owner of Mana decks is now in the Philippines, this is the fact. Non-US collectors used to pay higher shipping fees than US collectors and always need to decide to buy or not to buy, now Mana decks simply treat all collectors equal :P :P :P

However, I also think the shipping fee for Mana decks is too high and it's unreasonable to restrict the shipping method to only EMS. I don't need to pay so much when I buy decks from US sellers  :-\

« Reply #243 on: March 03, 2012, 02:11:14 PM »

vmagic

well that´s exactly how we non-us people feel.
we always pay huuuge amounts of shipping fees + customs.

Yes you may pay higher shipping fees but the point someone else was trying to make is that these Mana decks are being shipped from the US to the Phillipines and then many of them are being shipped right back to the US or Canada. A complete waste of time and money in my opinion, it would be better for them if they had an American seller that is for sure.

« Reply #244 on: March 03, 2012, 02:23:11 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
ya I don`t think I need any of these now, I wanted a few for resale and trading but I am not a huge fan of them so I`ll probably pass.

The money I save on these I can buy more Seasons, More Harlequins(maybe even an Ex. deck) and more V7`s. Those are the decks I am really excited for.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 02:29:00 PM by Aaron »
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #245 on: March 04, 2012, 02:33:17 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
More news on the Mana deck - and many of you won't like it.  I got this as a contest winner for one deck, just arrived in my mailbox earlier this morning.  Forgive any formatting glitches - the Discourse is grumpy...

Hi Friends,

Since our last email to everyone announcing the pre-order sale, we've had floods of replies excited about the pre-order sale. We're happy to see that you're all stoked about this.

After much talk and debate, we have decided to add more value to this pre-order sale.
  • Uncut sheet giveaway - When we close the pre-order form, we will enter each pre-order customer name into a raffle draw for one uncut sheet. And we will ship that uncut sheet along with the winner's order.
  • Upon official release the Mana deck SRP will increase to $10.95. That means that this pre-order sale is your chance to get your deck at only $9.95 or cheaper. After the pre-order sale, the deck goes up to $10.95, so take advantage of this pre-order sale.

• We're all excited and ready for March 5. Thank you again for all your support!

Best regards,
    The Mana Deck Team

So, I have a chance at getting a free uncut.  But anyone who didn't win a contest gets to pay a HIGHER price, IN ADDITION to costly shipping.  Not cool.

« Reply #246 on: March 04, 2012, 02:41:48 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
$9.95 or $10.95 a deck is expensive :mindf-ck: :mindf-ck:

« Reply #247 on: March 04, 2012, 02:42:26 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
More news on the Mana deck - and many of you won't like it.  I got this as a contest winner for one deck, just arrived in my mailbox earlier this morning.  Forgive any formatting glitches - the Discourse is grumpy...

Hi Friends,

Since our last email to everyone announcing the pre-order sale, we've had floods of replies excited about the pre-order sale. We're happy to see that you're all stoked about this.

After much talk and debate, we have decided to add more value to this pre-order sale.
  • Uncut sheet giveaway - When we close the pre-order form, we will enter each pre-order customer name into a raffle draw for one uncut sheet. And we will ship that uncut sheet along with the winner's order.
  • Upon official release the Mana deck SRP will increase to $10.95. That means that this pre-order sale is your chance to get your deck at only $9.95 or cheaper. After the pre-order sale, the deck goes up to $10.95, so take advantage of this pre-order sale.

• We're all excited and ready for March 5. Thank you again for all your support!

Best regards,
    The Mana Deck Team

So, I have a chance at getting a free uncut.  But anyone who didn't win a contest gets to pay a HIGHER price, IN ADDITION to costly shipping.  Not cool.
This is retarded >:(  Why would they want to make only their contest winners happy? Who would decide to sell decks for more money to people who are already sad they didnt win a contest, have extreme shipping costs and pre-sell a bunch of decks to the people who already have decks >:( >:( >:(  I really wanted some of these but will be skipping them now >:(

People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #248 on: March 04, 2012, 03:08:51 AM »

Gareth

• 52 Plus Joker Member

• Kickstarter:

• Upon official release the Mana deck SRP will increase to $10.95. That means that this pre-order sale is your chance to get your deck at only $9.95 or cheaper. After the pre-order sale, the deck goes up to $10.95, so take advantage of this pre-order sale

Unless I'm mistaken, the offer starting later today/tomorrow (depending where you are) is still the pre-sale.

ie. The sale in about 21 hours time will be at the cheaper price, but any further sales will be at the higher price.  I doubt there'll be many interested by then... unless they artificially limit the pre-sale to a small percentage of the decks they have.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

« Reply #249 on: March 04, 2012, 04:36:56 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Hi Friends,

Best regards,
    The Mana Deck Team

Haha no Don, that's not it at all. Anybody who pre-orders can get in on that not just the contest winners. If you read it over you'll understand. The email talks about the March 5th pre-orders. Everybody got that email, so it wasn't just meant for the contest winners.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck