This is directly from their website,

"Pricing:
1-2 decks(MSRP)- $9.95/deck
3-5 decks (5% off) - $9.45
6-11 decks (10% off) - $8.95
12+ decks (15% off) - $8.45
Uncut Sheets - TBA
*Signed decks upon request*"

Okay that's really not too bad! I thought it was much worse. So a brick is just a little over $100. I think I'm going to get 7 of these. An uncut would look great too but I bet they will be a little too pricey for my liking

I too think I will order seven. One to open, and a half brick sealed, because I like nice round numbers when it comes to this.

Exactly!! When I order cards I always try to keep it like that. I'll get 7 (1 to open and six to keep sealed) or 13 (a open and a brick to keep sealed). Granted I usually end up using those 6 or 12 later or I sell/trade them. It's just how I do it haha
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

Re: Mana Deck
« Reply #176 on: February 24, 2012, 01:44:22 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I also think I will get 7. I for some reason thought these were cheaper and was going to get a brick. But $100 is too much with all the decks coming out this year.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #177 on: February 24, 2012, 01:53:00 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I also think I will get 7. I for some reason thought these were cheaper and was going to get a brick. But $100 is too much with all the decks coming out this year.

Seriously!! If the seasons, Harlequin, second deck from encarded, maybe the S&M V7s, and many more weren't all coming out I would totally get a brick but I can't get that many right now. Maybe I'll pick up a few more from some resellers if I really like the deck once I get a good feel for it.

« Reply #178 on: February 24, 2012, 02:50:32 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
I'm probably gonna team up with someone in Canada to order at least a brick, just to get the best rate. But @brown_baggs is right, way too many decks coming out in the past few months. Heavy burden on the wallets.

« Reply #179 on: February 24, 2012, 08:21:33 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
This is directly from their website,

"Pricing:
1-2 decks(MSRP)- $9.95/deck
3-5 decks (5% off) - $9.45
6-11 decks (10% off) - $8.95
12+ decks (15% off) - $8.45
Uncut Sheets - TBA
*Signed decks upon request*"

Okay that's really not too bad! I thought it was much worse. So a brick is just a little over $100. I think I'm going to get 7 of these. An uncut would look great too but I bet they will be a little too pricey for my liking

I too think I will order seven. One to open, and a half brick sealed, because I like nice round numbers when it comes to this.

Exactly!! When I order cards I always try to keep it like that. I'll get 7 (1 to open and six to keep sealed) or 13 (a open and a brick to keep sealed). Granted I usually end up using those 6 or 12 later or I sell/trade them. It's just how I do it haha

I do the same. Sometimes I hate How my tiny bit of OCD makes me need these round numbers...but I bet the companies LOVE it.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #180 on: February 24, 2012, 12:06:04 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I'm still waiting for the deck I won.  But I wasn't an advance winner - I'm waiting like the rest of the world.

Seriously!! If the seasons, Harlequin, second deck from encarded, maybe the S&M V7s, and many more weren't all coming out I would totally get a brick but I can't get that many right now. Maybe I'll pick up a few more from some resellers if I really like the deck once I get a good feel for it.

Seasons is due soon, yes.  Harlequin and Aurum are still in the planning stages, haven't even started fundraising - you have a while.  S&M v7 - you'll see the hype machine coming from a mile away; the engine may have started but it's not even in gear yet.

In other words, unless you're really scraping your pennies together to get decks, you should be in decent shape to get the decks you really want.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2012, 01:01:01 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Seasons is due soon, yes.  Harlequin and Aurum are still in the planning stages, haven't even started fundraising - you have a while.  S&M v7 - you'll see the hype machine coming from a mile away; the engine may have started but it's not even in gear yet.

You have a nice LONG time to save up a few bucks for Aurum. Second half of 2012 is my target. So, put away ten cents per day and you can probably get at least 3 by then.  :)
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #182 on: February 24, 2012, 02:06:06 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

You have a nice LONG time to save up a few bucks for Aurum. Second half of 2012 is my target. So, put away ten cents per day and you can probably get at least 3 by then.  :)

Amen to that!

Now to talk about the Mana deck, I feel with so many decks coming out these days we need ones that stick out, and THESE stick out. Although no custom faces, pips, or court cards, I like that because I feel it makes this deck more classic and elegant, and for some reason remind me of the Victorian era...I'm not sure why though considering that I know almost nothing about it.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #183 on: February 24, 2012, 05:01:08 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I'm drawn to the intricate elegance of the deck. While part of me always wants for a complete custom deck, the Mana does look so nice and the traditional faces do work with the overall theme. It's understated and very classy, and I think will be a great deck to hold. I already won a Mana deck, and that along with Seasons are my top picks of the near future. I look forward to studying them both.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #184 on: February 24, 2012, 05:10:12 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I'm drawn to the intricate elegance of the deck. While part of me always wants for a complete custom deck, the Mana does look so nice and the traditional faces do work with the overall theme. It's understated and very classy, and I think will be a great deck to hold. I already won a Mana deck, and that along with Seasons are my top picks of the near future. I look forward to studying them both.

Also, I love the recolrings of the court cards. The purple and gold one is my favorite!
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #185 on: February 24, 2012, 05:24:56 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Also, I love the recolrings of the court cards. The purple and gold one is my favorite!
Mine too! It looks so much better in person though.

« Reply #186 on: February 24, 2012, 05:43:53 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
^^ You guys are making me jealous with all that fun talk... :D

« Reply #187 on: February 24, 2012, 05:47:32 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
^^ You guys are making me jealous with all that fun talk... :D
Don't be jealous of me, I don't have one!

I have just seen the pictures that Mr. MagigAddictz over here has posted!
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #188 on: February 24, 2012, 07:33:13 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I have many reasons to be jealous of u:
1) You have a british accent
2) You have a bigger deck collection than me
3) You know more about cards than me
4) You have a british accent
5) You play the guitar
6) You have a british accent

« Reply #189 on: February 24, 2012, 07:40:19 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I have many reasons to be jealous of u:
1) You have a british accent
2) You have a bigger deck collection than me
3) You know more about cards than me
4) You have a british accent
5) You play the guitar
6) You have a british accent

1) I'm not British.
2) It just takes time.
3) I don't know much about stocks and finishes.
4) I'm not British.
5) No I don't.
6) I'm not British.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #190 on: February 24, 2012, 07:46:39 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
1) That sucks
2) It also takes money
3) I don't either
4) That sucks
5) Then wats up with ur profile pic and your post saying you do?
6) That reallly REALLY sucks
7) I think this ought to stop right here.
LOLOLOLOLOL

« Reply #191 on: February 24, 2012, 07:50:52 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
1) That sucks
2) It also takes money
3) I don't either
4) That sucks
5) Then wats up with ur profile pic and your post saying you do?
6) That reallly REALLY sucks
7) I think this ought to stop right here.
LOLOLOLOLOL

We can talk about this through PM. This is getting WAY too off topic.

Now back on topic.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #192 on: February 24, 2012, 07:58:43 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I personally really like the sleekiness of this deck and the recoloration of the court cards. I think it is creative, yet simple and elegant.

« Reply #193 on: February 24, 2012, 08:09:51 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I'm still waiting for the deck I won.  But I wasn't an advance winner - I'm waiting like the rest of the world.

In other words, unless you're really scraping your pennies together to get decks, you should be in decent shape to get the decks you really want.

Well it's more the amount of spending. Spending x amount of money on cards is the same if you do it all at once or if you do it over a year. That's my main point haha. I'm not trying to rack up credit card debt or spend all my money on deck haha

« Reply #194 on: February 25, 2012, 02:45:24 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Well it's more the amount of spending. Spending x amount of money on cards is the same if you do it all at once or if you do it over a year. That's my main point haha. I'm not trying to rack up credit card debt or spend all my money on deck haha

True enough.  But if you're earning money every week, dropping a large wad all at once can be more difficult than spending that same amount broken into smaller payments over weeks.  Put aside $5 a week for a "card budget" and in a year the total would be $260 minus whatever you spent of it on cards...  Spend the same $260 in a single week, and it will make a dent in most people's budgets.

« Reply #195 on: February 25, 2012, 03:04:35 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Hahaha... Thanks Don... That was an incredible laugh and I needed that... $5 a week for a card budget... You definitely do not want to see my paypal account... Stop, my ribs are hurting...

« Reply #196 on: February 25, 2012, 05:54:05 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Hahaha... Thanks Don... That was an incredible laugh and I needed that... $5 a week for a card budget... You definitely do not want to see my paypal account... Stop, my ribs are hurting...

Well, if someone's sticking to new releases only and hasn't been bitten by the vintage deck bug, it's not an entirely unreasonable budget, especially if one is choosy about which decks to buy.

Believe me, it's not like I stick to that kind of budget, either.  You don't get over a thousand decks in barely more than a year on $5 a week...

« Reply #197 on: March 02, 2012, 07:16:17 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
From the Mana playing card site

"
PRE-ORDERS!! The long wait is finally coming to an end!! We're ready to take pre-orders! STOCK WILL BE LIMITED so take advantage of this early opening to secure your Mana deck order now!!

Doors open on March 5 at 12am midnight EST. Keep an eye on the countdown...

here... http://www.manaplayingcards.com/

I wonder if the site will crash?

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #198 on: March 02, 2012, 07:27:18 AM »

Gareth

• 52 Plus Joker Member

• Kickstarter:

I wonder if the site will crash?
With all the hype, it would appear very likely.

I presume they don't have the facilities of our friends at E - and we can all remember the farce of the Red Artifice. (Sometimes just in the nightmares :( )

« Reply #199 on: March 02, 2012, 08:11:32 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
contest winners received an email about the preorder and we can already preorder them! I'll probably preorder mine today.