Re: Mana Deck
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2012, 09:41:53 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
can any body give me an estimation on how much this deck is going to cost ??[size=78%] [/size]
This is directly from their site:
Pricing:
1-2 decks(MSRP)- $9.95/deck
3-5 decks (5% off) - $9.45
6-11 decks (10% off) - $8.95
12+ decks (15% off) - $8.45
Uncut Sheets - TBD

« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2012, 09:47:04 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
can any body give me an estimation on how much this deck is going to cost ??
Pricing:
Uncut Sheets - TBD
WOW that is pretty steep. $10 a deck I think is a little ridiculous.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2012, 12:53:12 AM »

SpiritsCrusader

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Well i can't wit to find out when they come out. I'm just starting to collect and would love to have a deck like that in my collection!

« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2012, 01:10:41 AM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
if u think about the price, and the things that we have learned through this forum, that price seems just about right really. given the quantity printed, the customization, and the metallic inks on the cards 9ish/deck sounds fine to me.

ya it sucks; i'd rather they be like 4 a deck, but obviously that's crazy talk.
have you heard the word???

« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2012, 01:16:37 AM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
ya i'm ok with the price to for all that customization into the deck i am going to buy 5 decks.

« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2012, 01:18:18 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Pricing:
Uncut Sheets - TBD

if u think about the price, and the things that we have learned through this forum, that price seems just about right really. given the quantity printed, the customization, and the metallic inks on the cards 9ish/deck sounds fine to me.

Look at the retail cost of a lot of the small-run small-company playing cards that have been coming out.  $10 a deck for something with this level of work may not be what everyone wants to hear, but $10 is not out of the ballpark, either, particularly if you factor the high level of demand this deck is likely to have (which I don't really think they did, honestly - they could sell for a bit more, otherwise).  Buy in bulk, save a few bucks.  Or wait for the1eyedjack or BMPokerWorld to get them and use their 10% off codes.  Personally, I wouldn't wait - this looks more like an early Smoke and Mirrors in the sense that it's going to sell out fast and go up in value almost immediately.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2012, 01:24:13 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Pricing:
Uncut Sheets - TBD

Look at the retail cost of a lot of the small-run small-company playing cards that have been coming out.  $10 a deck for something with this level of work may not be what everyone wants to hear, but $10 is not out of the ballpark, either, particularly if you factor the high level of demand this deck is likely to have (which I don't really think they did, honestly - they could sell for a bit more, otherwise).  Buy in bulk, save a few bucks.  Or wait for the1eyedjack or BMPokerWorld to get them and use their 10% off codes.  Personally, I wouldn't wait - this looks more like an early Smoke and Mirrors in the sense that it's going to sell out fast and go up in value almost immediately.
I realize that they are not extremely high but, I do think that they made them $10 because they knew they would sell at $10 and that is good business on their part but it costs just over $100 for a brick of these. But I do think they will go up in price fast, so I need to decide how many I am going to buy :)
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2012, 01:27:33 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
ya i'm ok with the price to for all that customization into the deck i am going to buy 5 decks.
Customization? What customization.... AoS, jokers, and back. The rest is just recolored.

« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2012, 01:41:26 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Customization? What customization.... AoS, jokers, and back. The rest is just recolored.

Well you are correct on it just recoloring but it is some damn good recoloring! It may not be custom faces but I love how each suit has it's own coloring. It's a little more impressive than just all the court cards having two new colors.

Pricing:
Uncut Sheets - TBD

Well ten bucks isn't that bad. As many have mentioned it's in the ballpark if you compare it to many other decks. Also it's the companies first deck so it's a pretty fair price. One benefit I see coming from the price is that not as many people will buy bricks upon bricks upon bricks. With the high demand this price will allow more people to get some of them.... hopefully!
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2012, 02:45:10 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Well ten bucks isn't that bad. As many have mentioned it's in the ballpark if you compare it to many other decks. Also it's the companies first deck so it's a pretty fair price. One benefit I see coming from the price is that not as many people will buy bricks upon bricks upon bricks. With the high demand this price will allow more people to get some of them.... hopefully!

Personally, I wouldn't count on that.  This deck has VERY strong word of mouth and people are practically salivating for it.  This and the Seasons deck look to be the two big hits of early 2012.  Even at that price, I can imagine people buying by the brick and reselling at a profit when the designer sells out of them.

« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2012, 03:34:49 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Personally, I wouldn't count on that.  This deck has VERY strong word of mouth and people are practically salivating for it.  This and the Seasons deck look to be the two big hits of early 2012.  Even at that price, I can imagine people buying by the brick and reselling at a profit when the designer sells out of them.

While this is true for some it will be a financial issue for others. I would love to buy a couple bricks for personal use and trades in the future, but I can't afford that. I know there is a lot of word of mouth but from the past few comments I can see that some people aren't getting as many because of the price. I know there will still be the brick buyers but there will be less of them I think.

« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2012, 05:45:50 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
While this is true for some it will be a financial issue for others. I would love to buy a couple bricks for personal use and trades in the future, but I can't afford that. I know there is a lot of word of mouth but from the past few comments I can see that some people aren't getting as many because of the price. I know there will still be the brick buyers but there will be less of them I think.

I've been hearing a lot of "I'm not buying this because I'm saving up for..." and the last part is usually either Mana, Seasons or both.  Honestly, can you think of a better deck from any major brand that's been as talked up as this one and Seasons?  As nice as Vortex and Americana and Actuators, etc. all are, people keep coming back to these two releases and saying "I'm saving up for these."

I think that many "brick buyers" who've gotten shut out of certain hot decks in the past will be gunning for these with laser guidance.  Without doubt, the resellers will be after them with both barrels blazing.

« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2012, 01:42:51 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

I've been hearing a lot of "I'm not buying this because I'm saving up for..." and the last part is usually either Mana, Seasons or both.  Honestly, can you think of a better deck from any major brand that's been as talked up as this one and Seasons?  As nice as Vortex and Americana and Actuators, etc. all are, people keep coming back to these two releases and saying "I'm saving up for these."

I think that many "brick buyers" who've gotten shut out of certain hot decks in the past will be gunning for these with laser guidance.  Without doubt, the resellers will be after them with both barrels blazing.

Yeah there are going to be the big resellers that will still do that. Many people mentioned they were saving up for this deck (including myself) and then with the price the comments have shown that they aren't getting more than a brick. That isn't true for everybody, but it's what I've noticed. I know I won't be getting as many as I "saved up for".
     These will still be off the shelves as quick as they were put on the shelves, there's no doubt. I'm just saying at over $100 a brick these are pricey and I think for the average buyer that will lower the amount they buy. I would love to buy some extra for trades and reselling, but I just can't throw that many around like that.

« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2012, 01:54:25 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I was talking to john about this. (john from the discourse)

He thinks that the Mana deck won't sell out very fast because "all that metallic ink isn't good for magic, and the stock and finish just isnt ZOMG amazing for flourishing, and it isnt a USPC name so a bunch of collectors won't get it"

I disagree with him because the design is beautiful, everyone likes metallic ink, the stock should be able to handle the amount of ink, there are only 4000 printed, and we've known about this deck for a while and everyone has been saying how much they want them and that they are saving up for them

« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2012, 01:57:19 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Only 4000 were printed? I thought it was 5000.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2012, 01:59:48 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

He thinks that the Mana deck won't sell out very fast because "all that metallic ink isn't good for magic, and the stock and finish just isnt ZOMG amazing for flourishing, and it isnt a USPC name so a bunch of collectors won't get it"

I disagree with him because the design is beautiful, everyone likes metallic ink, the stock should be able to handle the amount of ink, there are only 4000 printed, and we've known about this deck for a while and everyone has been saying how much they want them and that they are saving up for them

Yeah I'm sure they'll sell out in minutes! Isn't this a USPCC deck, just not a Bicycle brand name deck?
The stock should be fine because there really isn't that much ink. They are keeping it a white card so there isn't the need for black ink. Also it's only recolored so there should be any more ink on it than a normal bike (maybe a bit more). While John may be right about the metallic ink not being great for magic, I think the beauty of the deck will still make it worth it.

I agree with what youre thinking MagicAddictz, these will be sure fire sellers. I'm just curious as to how quick these will sell out  ;)

« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2012, 02:18:09 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos

Just to be clear i did clarify myself in saying:

[12:21:28 PM] John Sobczyk: well all that metallic ink isn't good for magic
[12:21:51 PM] John Sobczyk: and the stock and finish just isnt ZOMG amazing for flourishing
[12:22:11 PM] John Sobczyk: and it isnt a USPC name so a bunch of collectors wont get it
[12:23:19 PM] Evan Zelig: it is USPCC
[12:23:36 PM] John Sobczyk: i mean like bike tally ho bee etc etc

"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2012, 02:20:14 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer

u're right. 5000 was printed, but only 4000 will go in public release.

« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2012, 02:32:45 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Sorry that was my mistake.
5000 printed, 4000 will be sold

« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2012, 02:43:38 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Sorry that was my mistake.
5000 printed, 4000 will be sold

That really isn't a very large run. Granted there are a lot of decks with that run size. Hopefully I can get some before they sell out! With only 4000 available it's going to be a mad dash for these bad boys  ;)

« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2012, 02:49:27 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I have a feeling that their site will crash badly.
Its probably not on a very good server and there are going to be hundreds of people trying to buy them.

« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2012, 03:18:14 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
I'm really looking forward to these, I've actually won the Mana deck also but wasn't one to get it early. These and the Seasons decks look great. 
UC

« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2012, 12:26:58 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Just to be clear i did clarify myself in saying:

[12:21:28 PM] John Sobczyk: well all that metallic ink isn't good for magic
[12:21:51 PM] John Sobczyk: and the stock and finish just isnt ZOMG amazing for flourishing
[12:22:11 PM] John Sobczyk: and it isnt a USPC name so a bunch of collectors wont get it
[12:23:19 PM] Evan Zelig: it is USPCC
[12:23:36 PM] John Sobczyk: i mean like bike tally ho bee etc etc

There's not an insane amount of metallic ink on these, and there are enough metallic ink decks out now that perform excellently (cough-ARTIFICE-cough-GARGOYLES-cough-GOLDARCANE-cough) that it shouldn't be an issue.  Even the Premier deck, with all-metallic backs and faces, still performs nicely with Magic Finish on it.  You'd be hard pressed to find a deck with more shiny ink on it, that's certain.

Even if people are balking at the price and saying they're buying less than planned, there will be a big run on these by dealers, and the price will likely go up a few bucks in the aftermarket - and people will still buy them even at those prices because they got shut out at the MSRP.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 12:27:38 AM by Good@Sabacc »

« Reply #123 on: February 02, 2012, 04:00:36 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I just picked up my Mana deck from USPS and it is beautiful!
I'll post pics soon

« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2012, 09:30:17 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
how much longer for this deck to get released i really want to buy some of these cards ?