You are Here:
Card Club from Penguin - New Format

Author (Read 1891 times)

Card Club from Penguin - New Format
« on: July 05, 2016, 12:06:55 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hey everyone!  I hope you all had an awesome (and safe!) 4th of July weekend.

I wanted to let everyone know about some changes we're making to the Card Club subscription at Penguin.

If you want to stop reading now and just get all the official info, the link is:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5628

We're keeping the Club at the $20/month plus shipping price tag, and it still contains 4 decks.  However, we're switching to include ONLY decks produced by Penguin and we'll be including 2 each of 2 different designs.  You get one to open and one to keep sealed.  This means a little less variety in each package, but it also eliminates the chance that you might receive a deck that you already own.  It also means you can ignore Penguin release schedules, you'll get decks before they go on sale to everyone else, and you'll get them at the lowest price.

We'll be shipping the July packages later this week, and once a month's packages have gone out there's no backtracking - you can't retroactively subscribe.

This month we have one deck from EPCC and one from USPCC, both designed by Jared Hansen.  I know a lot of you probably backed his Architect deck on Kickstarter, and it is finally seeing the light of day with a massively souped-up tuck box!

Architect: Designed by Jared Hansen and printed by the Expert Playing Card Company, the Architect deck is truly a sight to behold. The tuck box is crafted from a beautiful, heavy-duty deep blue matte paper that's just dripping with intricately applied silver foil. The cards themselves have the look of a blueprint, featuring a beautiful blue & white back design with fine line work. The faces are Expert Standard with a custom Ace of Spades and identical jokers. The handling is superb thanks to Damask finish, which has a medium thickness and snap with an exquisite embossing pattern and texture.

Steeplechase Park: Designed by Jared Hansen, this deck is a tribute to Coney Island's original and longest-running amusement park. The design is wildly colorful and vibrant - a perfect deck for summer. The faces have been completely recolored, and you receive matching custom Jokers and a custom Ace of Spades, as well as 2 useful gaff cards. The custom tuck box is closed with a custom sticker seal. Printed by USPCC on Bicycle stock with premium "Magic" finish, the deck feels and handles wonderfully. Only 2,500 made!
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

Re: Card Club from Penguin - New Format
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 05:10:35 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hi again! I got word that Club packages will start shipping out over the course of this weekend.  So if you'd like to take advantage of getting these decks early and steeply discounted (Architect is half price as part of Card Club!) then I'd recommend signing up no later than tomorrow (Friday).

Thanks, and enjoy!

Kevin
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 10:31:21 AM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Just a quick heads-up that the August club package will be shipping soon.  This month's decks are really awesome!

We have Blue Choice from Ben Kolozsi, in a fairly traditional Stud-inspired design with Arrco faces and printed on USPCC's fantastic thin-crush stock.

We also have Woodlands from Qiudi Zhang (a new artist in the playing card world) which is 100% custom with a nature theme, printed on EPCC's Classic Finish and in a side-opening tuck.

I've attached a quick cell shot of the 2 back designs.  More info and the full overview video can be seen at the link below.

Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 02:27:51 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hey everyone!  I hope you all had an awesome (and safe!) 4th of July weekend.

I wanted to let everyone know about some changes we're making to the Card Club subscription at Penguin.

If you want to stop reading now and just get all the official info, the link is:

We're keeping the Club at the $20/month plus shipping price tag, and it still contains 4 decks.  However, we're switching to include ONLY decks produced by Penguin and we'll be including 2 each of 2 different designs.  You get one to open and one to keep sealed.  This means a little less variety in each package, but it also eliminates the chance that you might receive a deck that you already own.  It also means you can ignore Penguin release schedules, you'll get decks before they go on sale to everyone else, and you'll get them at the lowest price.

We'll be shipping the July packages later this week, and once a month's packages have gone out there's no backtracking - you can't retroactively subscribe.

This month we have one deck from EPCC and one from USPCC, both designed by Jared Hansen.  I know a lot of you probably backed his Architect deck on Kickstarter, and it is finally seeing the light of day with a massively souped-up tuck box!

Architect: Designed by Jared Hansen and printed by the Expert Playing Card Company, the Architect deck is truly a sight to behold. The tuck box is crafted from a beautiful, heavy-duty deep blue matte paper that's just dripping with intricately applied silver foil. The cards themselves have the look of a blueprint, featuring a beautiful blue & white back design with fine line work. The faces are Expert Standard with a custom Ace of Spades and identical jokers. The handling is superb thanks to Damask finish, which has a medium thickness and snap with an exquisite embossing pattern and texture.

Steeplechase Park: Designed by Jared Hansen, this deck is a tribute to Coney Island's original and longest-running amusement park. The design is wildly colorful and vibrant - a perfect deck for summer. The faces have been completely recolored, and you receive matching custom Jokers and a custom Ace of Spades, as well as 2 useful gaff cards. The custom tuck box is closed with a custom sticker seal. Printed by USPCC on Bicycle stock with premium "Magic" finish, the deck feels and handles wonderfully. Only 2,500 made!

I don't know how I missed this, but this is really an awesome set up.  I might have to get into this club.  $20 a month is $5 a deck, and you get doubles of two brand new releases - that's far less than you'd be paying at retail!  These designs aren't clunkers - they're the real deal, good stuff.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 10:17:08 AM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Thanks Don, appreciate the kind words!

So everybody knows, the August Club packages will begin shipping on Thursday the 11th, so you'll want to make sure you're subscribed before then to get in on the action.

This is probably my favorite Card Club so far.  I love both of these decks, and they look fantastic in person!
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 07:02:51 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
printed on USPCC's fantastic thin-crush stock.

Just how thin are we talking here Kevin? Been a big fan of Virgina Slims stocks for years, and if this is a deck that has a similar stock to that... well I might just break my piggy bank and pick some up :P
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 09:19:51 AM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
If you've felt the Red Wheel or Hollingworth decks, along that line of thinness. They feel really great!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 09:20:16 AM by Reylek »
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com