You are Here:
1910 Brew House Deck - Coming to Kickstarter

Author (Read 6995 times)

1910 Brew House Deck - Coming to Kickstarter
« on: August 28, 2014, 07:16:22 PM »

DJKroemer

• Facebook:
Hey guys, wanted to post some preview shots of a deck I'm finishing up. This deck will be launching on Kickstarter in the middle of next week. If anyone has any good add-on suggestions, feel free to fire away.
Daniel J. Kroemer

Graphic Designer and Newbie Playing Card Designer

IG: forgeknox

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck - Coming to Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 08:03:03 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Great jokers, I love them. ;D Add-ons, hmm... I'd say high quality bottle opener, not the playing card version those are tacky imho, but a wooden handled one since they can laser burn those pretty easily. Maybe a beer stein, or a custom half brick box. A small metal sign since the theme of your deck goes beyond typical playing cards into man cave realm. really quite a few options that would still keep the focus on your deck.

Things that are unique tend to get more interest than another impossible bottle or engraved card clip.  :)
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 11:50:16 PM »

Josh Blackmon

• Forum Regular
  • L-I-V-I-N

• Facebook:
Great deck concept! I like the cards you shared. It looks like something I would possibly back, but I offer a little warning. You are going in to this kickstarter campaign just a few days after a heavy hitter in the Kings Wild Army deck. Being limited on funds, this will affect collectors like me that have to make a choice between a highly anticipated deck and your new well crafted entry. As a result if I get to back it will be very late in the campaign as the month ends and at a lower price than I might normally be willing to pay. Maybe consider launching a week or two later to avoid running a parallel campaign and reduce the overlap. This would allow your project to bleed over to the beginning of October and a new budget for people who set a month to month limit. Maybe it is no big deal, just an idea.
Josh Blackmon

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 12:50:40 AM »

ecNate

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Kickstarter:
Great deck concept! I like the cards you shared. It looks like something I would possibly back, but I offer a little warning. You are going in to this kickstarter campaign just a few days after a heavy hitter in the Kings Wild Army deck. Being limited on funds, this will affect collectors like me that have to make a choice between a highly anticipated deck and your new well crafted entry. As a result if I get to back it will be very late in the campaign as the month ends and at a lower price than I might normally be willing to pay. Maybe consider launching a week or two later to avoid running a parallel campaign and reduce the overlap. This would allow your project to bleed over to the beginning of October and a new budget for people who set a month to month limit. Maybe it is no big deal, just an idea.

Plus Alex chin's seasons and Emanuel's sawdust soon. There may never again be a quiet time for competing projects, but this week is full of big ones

Good luck though, interesting deck and great art. I'll keep an eye on this one.

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 04:08:52 PM »

Will W.

• Discourse Veteran
Great jokers, I love them. ;D Add-ons, hmm... I'd say high quality bottle opener, not the playing card version those are tacky imho, but a wooden handled one since they can laser burn those pretty easily. Maybe a beer stein, or a custom half brick box. A small metal sign since the theme of your deck goes beyond typical playing cards into man cave realm. really quite a few options that would still keep the focus on your deck.

Things that are unique tend to get more interest than another impossible bottle or engraved card clip.  :)

All good ideas!  I especially like the beer stein idea or the impossible bottle ( beer bottle perhaps ). Then you're sure to entice multiple genres of collectors.  The cards look great but I also agree with the timing being in conflict with other much anticipated decks.
"I collect these objects to learn from them. In some moment these things are going to teach me something. For me, this is like a library. These are my books."
- Jose Bedia

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 05:16:00 PM »

DJKroemer

• Facebook:
All the feedback is appreciated. I understand completely about all of the decks being released right now. It does seem like there won't be a calm time to release, but maybe I'll give it one more week to launch it. It'll be up for around 30 days so I'd hope the people interested in putting money towards the deck could find a comfortable time to do so within that frame. I attached the AoS I have in the works.
Daniel J. Kroemer

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 05:57:37 PM »

ecNate

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Kickstarter:
I don't understand card clips, but since Empire had a totally custom warrior one maybe it's possible to do a card clip with a built in bottle opener and engraved with some of your artwork as well.

Like this, but with your art and an opener.

Personally I think this is dumb, but I also don't get card clips to begin with, so who knows?   ;)

Otherwise the usual coasters concept with your artwork would be pretty awesome.  Stone, rubber, paper, whatever, as long as the price is right.

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 06:32:22 PM »

Josh Blackmon

• Forum Regular
  • L-I-V-I-N

• Facebook:
That ace is fantastic as well as those jokers!
Josh Blackmon

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 08:43:48 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
All the feedback is appreciated. I understand completely about all of the decks being released right now. It does seem like there won't be a calm time to release, but maybe I'll give it one more week to launch it. It'll be up for around 30 days so I'd hope the people interested in putting money towards the deck could find a comfortable time to do so within that frame. I attached the AoS I have in the works.

AoS looks sharp. Yea there really is a lot going on right now. A lot of money being spent. Not just on KS, but other wise as well, Luxx, VeneXiana Dark, Gatorbacks, Egyptian legends, etc etc it's a pretty crazy month and next month is going to be crazy too.

I think you should launch it whenever you have planned. There's no time like the present to get something done and tomorrow is always a day away. :)

I don't understand card clips, but since Empire had a totally custom warrior one maybe it's possible to do a card clip with a built in bottle opener and engraved with some of your artwork as well.

I didn't understand the draw to card clips either until I was gifted one. Mine's just a garden verity Porper clip, nothing fancy beyond the fact that it's a card clip to begin with lol. I use it when I'm done practicing, trying to develop my non-existent skills into weak skills and as a shield when I have a deck in a pocket with change and keys. I do that pretty much daily, so the thing really gets a lot of use. It's really well made, I don't believe I would ever need a second one.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 02:29:32 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Your design appears very solid and well thought-out.  I'm liking it a lot.

Wait TWO weeks, though.  Those heavy-hitter decks coming out in the coming week will suck the air out of the room and leave the other deck projects breathless (and not in a good way).  True, there's never a completely quiet moment on the Kickstarter deck scene anymore, but the decks that hit recently and are still to come in the next few days will leave people's wallets hurting more so than usual - there's a lot of pent-up demand for these projects in particular.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 02:03:20 PM »

Josh Blackmon

• Forum Regular
  • L-I-V-I-N

• Facebook:
When you do nail down a solid release time and day let us know the details!
Josh Blackmon

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 05:34:52 PM »

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:
@DJKroemer - Love your Jokers.  Stick around for a month.  They are right when someone like Jackson comes on the scene.  He is what we call a $100,000 heavy hitter because you hear a sucking sound from all the other current Kickstarters.  Besides you have some work to do.  Your pips are to close together.  Spread them out you have the room.   

I like the way you have the suit indicator on the top right in a big old suit badge.  By design or accident you made it work. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 05:36:11 PM by sprouts1115 »

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 02:49:47 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
@DJKroemer - Love your Jokers.  Stick around for a month.  They are right when someone like Jackson comes on the scene.  He is what we call a $100,000 heavy hitter because you hear a sucking sound from all the other current Kickstarters.  Besides you have some work to do.  Your pips are to close together.  Spread them out you have the room.   

I like the way you have the suit indicator on the top right in a big old suit badge.  By design or accident you made it work.

"We?"  Russ, not all his projects hit the stratosphere - though there's no denying he's popular.  But you're the only person I've heard refer to anyone as a "$100,000 heavy hitter"!

Leave his pips alone - they're fine!

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 10:47:33 PM »

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:
"Leave his pips alone - they're fine"

@Don - True.  He can say he has custom pips. That are squeezed together in a bunch...

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2014, 09:48:50 PM »

DJKroemer

• Facebook:
The pips weren't permanent I had planned to mess with those a bit later. I attached a more final version of the placement of the pips. Thanks for the feedback all - will be launching within the next 2 weeks.
Daniel J. Kroemer

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 07:04:21 PM »

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:
@DJKroemer - Nice pips.   I like the background of the eagle holding a barrel. Backgrounds in the pip are popular today. I see that damn skinny club again.  Have you been talking to Jackson?  If not, you probably need too.  Check out what he charges for fulfillment.  This guy will protect your decks.  In two weeks, Jackson should be at $100,000 then you will see a spike. 

Do you want to be in the spike? I don't know.  I do know There are less Kickstarters in Oct, Nov, and Dec.   

So lets see your Kickstarter preview?  Post your link.  We might some mistakes in your Kickstarter.  You certainly don't want to sell "God" decks. 

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2014, 10:33:48 AM »

DJKroemer

• Facebook:
I doubt I'll post a preview here, but should be launching it sometime this week, probably Thursday or Friday. I might talk to him, but $3-5 per order plus the cost of supplies would cut into my profit pretty hard after USPCC takes $4.50 or so for the production and Amazon/KS/Taxes all come in.
Daniel J. Kroemer

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2014, 11:52:00 AM »

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:
@DJKroemer - True.  I hope you have a lot of friends to help you with the shipping.  I would get familiar with http://www.uline.com  shipping products.   Shipping is a whole other animal. 

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2014, 07:01:48 PM »

DJKroemer

• Facebook:
Hey all - this deck will be launching this weekend. Just a heads up!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 07:05:24 PM by DJKroemer »
Daniel J. Kroemer

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2014, 09:07:44 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Great news. Are you willing to tell us the day and time? :)

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2014, 10:51:03 PM »

Josh Blackmon

• Forum Regular
  • L-I-V-I-N

• Facebook:
The vibe you have going with these pictures is very intriguing. I'm excited. I have a few friends from outside the playing card community tuned in to them as well.
Josh Blackmon

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2014, 11:42:18 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Updated photo via Kardify

Kardify interview with Daniel Kroemer

Do not see a release date yet
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2014, 11:40:52 AM »

DJKroemer

• Facebook:
Hey guys - just posted this on Instagram. Just a heads up for everyone.
Daniel J. Kroemer

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2014, 04:42:14 PM »

ecNate

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Kickstarter:
In case anybody needs the link as it is now live - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/753619694/1910-brew-house-a-1900s-beer-inspired-playing-card

As of this moment still quite a few EBs left.

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2014, 10:18:39 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Ladies, gents, direct your new posts to a new topic in the Plethora for this deck.

http://www.playingcardforum.com/index.php?topic=7245.0