Let us know what you think about our design :D

Author (Read 15728 times)

Let us know what you think about our design :D
« on: June 26, 2018, 10:54:48 AM »

Revelation Workshop

• Newcomer

• Kickstarter:
Hi everyone,

We are Revelation Workshop which has successfully funded a project before.

And now we are working on a new Kickstarter project with a Japanese Summer Festival Theme
In English it call "Matsuri", in Those Matsuri/Festival, People will dress up the Kimono (Traditional Japanese Garment) and have fun in Temple Fair etc.

Here are some of the design, please give us some advise or comment when any comes up in your mind :D

More Design here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uVNYcs0f13xiJlSzwYagwZtfXPBFoMrW?usp=sharing

Re: Let us know what you think about our design :D
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 11:43:52 PM »

intlgrrl

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
I think this deck is adorable and has potential

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 02:53:37 AM »

Revelation Workshop

• Newcomer

• Kickstarter:
Thank you for your kind word :D
I will put the updated court card when they are done  :)

We are also considering the "spade" symbol, as rest of the suit symbol we are really satisfied, but the spade is just not good enough  :-[

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 06:48:22 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

We are also considering the "spade" symbol, as rest of the suit symbol we are really satisfied, but the spade is just not good enough  :-[

Honestly, I think the entire design is extremely cute and has a lot of potential for popularity.  I really LIKE the onigiri/rice-ball for the spade - it fits perfectly with the theme and still looks like a spade!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 01:15:06 PM »

jezzurp

• Newcomer
  • Geek, video game artist, pixel peddler
And now we are working on a new Kickstarter project with a Japanese Summer Festival Theme...

Here are some of the design, please give us some advise or comment when any comes up in your mind :D

Not to copy everyone else but 100% agree; 'cute' is a great way to describe these!

Also agree with what Don said, the pips are good because obviously remixed to the theme a bit but totally work still

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 01:17:14 PM »

jezzurp

• Newcomer
I wonder if the heart pip might look slightly better if it was mono like the rest tho i.e. the detail all in white instead of the black part.

Seriously though they're really good and that's the only constructive criticism I can think of on art side

Look forward to copping some when they come out

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 04:19:37 PM »

Revelation Workshop

• Newcomer

• Kickstarter:

Honestly, I think the entire design is extremely cute and has a lot of potential for popularity.  I really LIKE the onigiri/rice-ball for the spade - it fits perfectly with the theme and still looks like a spade!

Thanks! It is surprise that almost everyone think it is cute! We were afraid that the cards looks too simple before we put here  :-\
Yes we all think the Onigiri do fit the theme, but it looks a bit odd
We will try to get some more comment on that and decide what to do :)

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 04:27:36 PM »

Revelation Workshop

• Newcomer

• Kickstarter:
I wonder if the heart pip might look slightly better if it was mono like the rest tho i.e. the detail all in white instead of the black part.

Seriously though they're really good and that's the only constructive criticism I can think of on art side

Look forward to copping some when they come out

Thanks for your advise,
I try to do a quick recolor,
take a look and see if this looks better :D

« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 04:28:58 PM by Revelation Workshop »

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 04:40:01 PM »

jezzurp

• Newcomer
Yes, that's exactly what I meant! I think it makes it more consistent, how does that feel to you?

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2018, 04:59:00 PM »

Revelation Workshop

• Newcomer

• Kickstarter:
Yes, that's exactly what I meant! I think it makes it more consistent, how does that feel to you?

It do looks more "pop" and i think that is good to chance! As poker is not just for collection but GAMES!
Easy to find out the suit will make it more "poker" and "Popular", I will sent this to my team and discuss about it :D

And YES!
Here is the Back Design ( 2 version ) & Fanning(am I using the right word?) mock up,
I am pretty sure that most of you will like the design (but maybe not included the red circle & Japanese word XD)

(Still thinking should we make a day light/ light blue sky background version to help us hit the goal of funding)

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2018, 01:42:52 PM »

Revelation Workshop

• Newcomer

• Kickstarter:
Cheers Everyone!

Here just an update for the "Aces" in the deck~

Tell me what you think :D (Do you feel "Enough" on the Ace of Spade or it needs "More" ? ::)  )

Ace of Diamond : Tatami (a type of mat used as a flooring material in traditional Japanese-style rooms / From Wiki)
Ace of Club : Magatama (curved, comma-shaped beads that appeared in prehistoric Japan from the Final Jōmon period through the Kofun period, approximately ca. 1000 BCE to the sixth century CE / From Wiki)
Ace of Heart : Kitsune (the Japanese word for the fox. Foxes are a common subject of Japanese folklore; in English, kitsune refers to them in this context./ From Wiki)
Ace of Spade : O-nigiri  (Also known as o-musubi or rice-ball, is a Japanese food made from white rice formed into triangular or cylindrical shapes and often wrapped in nori (seaweed).  / From Wiki)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 01:51:25 PM by Revelation Workshop »

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2018, 03:40:52 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Cheers Everyone!

Here just an update for the "Aces" in the deck~

Tell me what you think :D (Do you feel "Enough" on the Ace of Spade or it needs "More" ? ::)  )

Ace of Diamond : Tatami (a type of mat used as a flooring material in traditional Japanese-style rooms / From Wiki)
Ace of Club : Magatama (curved, comma-shaped beads that appeared in prehistoric Japan from the Final Jōmon period through the Kofun period, approximately ca. 1000 BCE to the sixth century CE / From Wiki)
Ace of Heart : Kitsune (the Japanese word for the fox. Foxes are a common subject of Japanese folklore; in English, kitsune refers to them in this context./ From Wiki)
Ace of Spade : O-nigiri  (Also known as o-musubi or rice-ball, is a Japanese food made from white rice formed into triangular or cylindrical shapes and often wrapped in nori (seaweed).  / From Wiki)

They look great.  Consider adding small-print translations in English of the Japanese text.

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2018, 10:04:40 AM »

Revelation Workshop

• Newcomer

• Kickstarter:
They look great.  Consider adding small-print translations in English of the Japanese text.

Thanks for your advise, I will try it and resend it here again.
(Do you think i should keep the first line or second line of the Janapese? As I am a Chinese and I do familiar with the first line, part of them is actually chinese word, but how about a non-chinese?  :)  )

I was working the tuck & card back the whole day, and pretty sure i would like to use this version for the card, Do you think this looks attractive?

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2018, 06:14:58 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Thanks for your advise, I will try it and resend it here again.
(Do you think i should keep the first line or second line of the Janapese? As I am a Chinese and I do familiar with the first line, part of them is actually chinese word, but how about a non-chinese?  :)  )

I was working the tuck & card back the whole day, and pretty sure i would like to use this version for the card, Do you think this looks attractive?

Do the top line in Japanese, with the English translation underneath.  It's a Japanese-based design, so Japanese first.

The back design is nice but perhaps a little plain and light on details.  That's not necessarily a bad thing in terms of the theme, but it's not very eye-catching, either.  Make it more visually interesting and you're more likely to catch backers' attention with it.

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2018, 05:08:30 PM »

jezzurp

• Newcomer

And YES!
Here is the Back Design ( 2 version ) & Fanning(am I using the right word?) mock up,
I am pretty sure that most of you will like the design (but maybe not included the red circle & Japanese word XD)

(Still thinking should we make a day light/ light blue sky background version to help us hit the goal of funding)

I really like the way this back design fans around

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2018, 02:51:42 AM »

mrdude42

• Newcomer

• Twitter:
Very cool design!

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2018, 09:50:22 AM »

Revelation Workshop

• Newcomer

• Kickstarter: