You are Here:
1st post

Author (Read 1735 times)

1st post
« on: April 17, 2022, 06:30:15 PM »

MonkeyBoy52

• Newcomer
Hi all,

My names David, I got in to collecting through my love of magic and playing card games since I was 5.

I wouldn't call myself a magician but I do card tricks for my family and friends and I thought it would be nice to have something other than bikes so I first bought a custom deck in 2019 and about 2 times a year after that I'd buy some different custom decks. But in the last few months I've really got involved, acquired more decks and started to be aware of some of the different designers and manufacturers of cards.

So I now call myself a collector and at the beginning of the year I said I need to get to 100 decks to have a "proper" collection and to be honest after spending to much money in the last couple of months I'm now over 100 but I love the cards so it was worth it! Although my wife probably wouldn't agree!!

All my cards are modern but I have just read paper empires and really enjoyed it so I'm going to take a look at antique decks and hopefully start a new collection and I'm thinking that might be where I start to focus and then be a bit more selective with any modern decks that I see - any advice with starting an antique collection would be great!

Pleased to be here and I'm looking forward to my first virtual event next weekend.

Monkeyboy aka David.