You are Here:
New Deck WIP - Eminence (working title)

Author (Read 11254 times)

Re: New Deck WIP - Eminence (working title)
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2015, 01:49:26 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hey guys,

Wanted to give you a preview of the "Gold" and "Platinum" editions of Eminence. Hope you like!

Vadim

Tread cautiously in "multiple versions" territory.  Stretch goals are a great thing, but some projects start hitting the point of "deck fatigue," where it seems there's too many decks being offered at once - it's a wallet buster.  It can also cut into your bottom line, in terms of the costs associated with a separate print run and selling additional items.  That record-breaking project for the "Name of the Wind" deck ended up offering over FIFTY items in its reward listings and add-ons - a freakin' nightmare for mere mortals to keep track of, especially with that many orders to fulfill.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2015, 11:34:12 AM »

Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

Tread cautiously in "multiple versions" territory.  Stretch goals are a great thing, but some projects start hitting the point of "deck fatigue," where it seems there's too many decks being offered at once - it's a wallet buster.  It can also cut into your bottom line, in terms of the costs associated with a separate print run and selling additional items.  That record-breaking project for the "Name of the Wind" deck ended up offering over FIFTY items in its reward listings and add-ons - a freakin' nightmare for mere mortals to keep track of, especially with that many orders to fulfill.

I hear ya and I'm actually going to probably do the gold and platinum only without doing the blue "premium" one.

« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2015, 11:35:04 AM »

Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
I like these, I like these a lot.  ;D

One comment I would say is the frame on the tucks where it says Gold and Platinum. I think it would look best if they were of equal length with one another. The balance on the platinum tuck has a much nicer effect for my eye than the one with gold written in it. the Gold frame is just so much smaller than the Playing Cards frame at the bottom of the spade. Either way, I like these a lot!

Thank you Fes, glad you like it! I will see what your suggestion looks like! I think it'll work out!

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2015, 10:13:16 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hey guys,

Wanted to give you a preview of the "Gold" and "Platinum" editions of Eminence. Hope you like!

Vadim

Normally, I choose 'silver/platinum/white metal/chrome' over 'gold' - but in this case I really do prefer your 'Gold' edition... :) It seems to resonate more with the colours in your deck, perhaps those courts parading in golden locks ;)

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2015, 05:15:55 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Normally, I choose 'silver/platinum/white metal/chrome' over 'gold' - but in this case I really do prefer your 'Gold' edition... :) It seems to resonate more with the colours in your deck, perhaps those courts parading in golden locks ;)

Bear in mind that you're seeing it in flat colors on a computer screen.  Will the inks be metallic?  Will this be foil?  If so, it can make a world of difference to the appearance.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2015, 11:37:32 PM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
I hear ya and I'm actually going to probably do the gold and platinum only without doing the blue "premium" one.

Juggling and making decisions on KS campaigns, editions and stretch goals seems like a mind-boggling jungle. I've yet to take the leap into that world.
I'm sure you'll get it right... and, I do like your blue 'premium' if you ever decide to go with it :)

Bear in mind that you're seeing it in flat colors on a computer screen.  Will the inks be metallic?  Will this be foil?  If so, it can make a world of difference to the appearance.

True, I wasn't thinking of the possible shiny effect :)

« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2015, 04:28:43 PM »

Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

The tuck will feature all gold foil on the "Gold Edition" and all silver foil on the "Platinum Edition". The cards themselves in both decks will have metallic inks on the backs and court cards along with the traditional yellow, blue, red and blacks!

Thanks,
Vadim

« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2015, 11:33:05 AM »

Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Hey Guys,

Wanted to let you know that I will be launching Eminence on Kickstarter next week Wednesday September 23rd. I hope to see your support!

Thanks,
Vadim

« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2015, 10:57:34 AM »

cardlover

I wish you good luck and will support this project
During the last year I’ve working on my own deck. It's time to say thank you all very much for helpful information and advice! Thank you, PLAYING CARD FORUM that you are exist! This project started with your support!
Finally, our project on kickstarter

« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2015, 11:19:11 AM »

Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
I wish you good luck and will support this project

Thanks cardlover! I forgot to mention that it'll go live about noon to 1pm eastern.

Thanks!