You are Here:
(ISO) Unbranded Black Reserve Note SEALED Deck

Author (Read 3229 times)

(ISO) Unbranded Black Reserve Note SEALED Deck
« on: June 04, 2015, 09:29:41 PM »

jphj012

• 52 Plus Joker Member
Hi everyone. If anyone is willing to part with their Unbranded Black Reserve Note deck (SEALED), please let me know. Thanks

Re: (ISO) Unbranded Black Reserve Note SEALED Deck
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 10:41:57 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hi everyone. If anyone is willing to part with their Unbranded Black Reserve Note deck (SEALED), please let me know. Thanks

It's customary to indicate what you're offering, especially if you want your offer to be taken seriously.  A minimum dollar amount would be a good starting point, along with any indication as to whether your amount offered is flexible.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 03:11:07 AM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Is the minimum requirement of 25 posts and 1 reputation apply for [ISO] post?
Back for more

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 09:28:25 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Is the minimum requirement of 25 posts and 1 reputation apply for [ISO] post?

Not if you're a member of 52+J - the only pre-requirement you have is to read and abide by the rules.

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 10:55:20 AM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Oh yes I forgot about that..  :P

I didn't pay enough attention obviously
Back for more

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 01:53:46 PM »

cardician

• 52 Plus Joker Member
jphj012,

I have two.  I'll sell you my extra one for $400US + Shipping costs.

Let me know,
Thanks
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 01:54:45 PM by ♣️♥️ ltd_editions ♠️♦️ »

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 05:04:41 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
$400US + Shipping costs.

Much less than I would part with my Unbranded Black Reserve Note for, considering you can't find them anywhere. I'm jealous you wound up with two of them, I had to pay a pretty penny for mine in the resale market.
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 01:34:42 AM »

dough333

• Newcomer
Are they really worth that much right now? I had 4 of them and only hung on to one of them :(

I have been considering selling my Fed 52 brick which includes all 10 decks.  What would the market be for that right now?

Thanks

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 12:13:48 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Are they really worth that much right now? I had 4 of them and only hung on to one of them :(

I have been considering selling my Fed 52 brick which includes all 10 decks.  What would the market be for that right now?

Thanks

Hard to put a number on it, I could comfortably give you a range of probably $750 - $1200 for the set. But finding a buyer might be difficult without selling it short of it's relative value, I saw someone trying to sell the whole set plus the poker chips for $750 a year and a half or so ago and I don't think it ever sold. I would expect you to see better luck selling it piecemeal and would be more likely to get closer to it's relative value

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 12:56:14 PM »

dough333

• Newcomer

Thanks

Hard to put a number on it, I could comfortably give you a range of probably $750 - $1200 for the set. But finding a buyer might be difficult without selling it short of it's relative value, I saw someone trying to sell the whole set plus the poker chips for $750 a year and a half or so ago and I don't think it ever sold. I would expect you to see better luck selling it piecemeal and would be more likely to get closer to it's relative value

Thanks for the insight Justin.  I had four of those decks initially and I sold 3 of them for about $240 a piece within the first few months. I guess I probably should have hung on to them but oh well.  I probably won't be selling them any time soon but it's nice to know their relative value.

Is there a thread on these boards that gives an approx market value on different decks?

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2015, 03:06:15 PM »

cardician

• 52 Plus Joker Member
I was lucky enough to pick up my set of 10 decks for $495 back in January.

Then shortly after obtained a single Unbranded Black Reserve for $300.  So yes, the after market re-sale value is quite up there.  I do see people selling complete sets for $900+ but in realty, who pays that kinda cash for collectable cards unless they really want a set to complete their collection.

But it's like anything, the more and more they sit, the more and more valuable they become.  Word has it that Mr. Jackson is coming out with a v2 of the Reserve Notes, just image what the first version will be worth after that...

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 04:26:09 PM »

jphj012

• 52 Plus Joker Member
ltd_editions - Thank you for letting me know but I was able to purchase one for less than $400. I will PM you if I'm interested in purchasing another one from you. The Federal 52 is quite a gorgeous detailed deck. I haven't seen any other decks as detailed as the Fed 52.

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2015, 05:02:31 PM »

dough333

• Newcomer
I was lucky enough to pick up my set of 10 decks for $495 back in January.

Then shortly after obtained a single Unbranded Black Reserve for $300.  So yes, the after market re-sale value is quite up there.  I do see people selling complete sets for $900+ but in realty, who pays that kinda cash for collectable cards unless they really want a set to complete their collection.

But it's like anything, the more and more they sit, the more and more valuable they become.  Word has it that Mr. Jackson is coming out with a v2 of the Reserve Notes, just image what the first version will be worth after that...

So would you suggest I hang on to my set for now? I imagine the only one that is selling well is the unbranded black reserve note.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 05:03:59 PM by dough333 »

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2015, 09:24:09 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
All of the decks are selling at a modest premium above the initial cost from the KS projects.  The Unbranded Black Reserve Note deck is selling at a premium because it was a shorted print run.  USPC will print the number of decks you order with a margin of error of +/-10%.  In this case, they fell short - I think they might have even fell below their own 10% threshold.  Jackson Robinson barely had enough decks to cover all the orders made - he was left with just a handful after fulfilling all backer rewards.  So of all ten decks, this is the one that has the fewest in circulation.  That's the sole reason why this one's fetching the premium it is.

Who wants to see pictures of an opened pack?  :))

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2015, 09:30:03 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

ME  :D apart from the art or design of the deck, what can you tell us about the card Don?
Back for more

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2015, 12:08:06 PM »

dough333

• Newcomer
All of the decks are selling at a modest premium above the initial cost from the KS projects.  The Unbranded Black Reserve Note deck is selling at a premium because it was a shorted print run.  USPC will print the number of decks you order with a margin of error of +/-10%.  In this case, they fell short - I think they might have even fell below their own 10% threshold.  Jackson Robinson barely had enough decks to cover all the orders made - he was left with just a handful after fulfilling all backer rewards.  So of all ten decks, this is the one that has the fewest in circulation.  That's the sole reason why this one's fetching the premium it is.

I would like to see an open deck. From my understanding the only differences between the black unbranded and the regular reserve note are the card backs and the gaff cards.

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 05:10:55 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Photos, as requested.

Notice in the box, it reads "Live free, or die" like the famous flag.

The backs are somewhat unimpressive-looking in the photo.  With most of the back being done in dark gray on black with just a dash of deep crimson, there's not a lot of contrast going on there.  But that's not why people buy it, now is it?  :))  It's probably among the worst cardistry decks I've ever seen, in terms of appearance, unless you like to twirl around something that on one side is as flashy and exciting as charcoal briquettes.

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 11:44:06 AM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I didn't know they were a shorted print run, I just knew they were the best looking tuck I have seen to date and everyone else wanted one. So I had to have one. I just assumed the demand came from them being the special LE deck from the super popular project about money, or bank bonds, or Spirograph, long before Jackson Robinson was more than "... Maybe an old baseball player or something?" to me. At $250 that was the expensive deck in my collection.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 11:45:02 AM by Justin O. »