You are Here:
"I call"

Author (Read 1014 times)

"I call"
« on: December 20, 2014, 12:57:04 PM »

Will W.

• Discourse Veteran
It depends on what decks as to whether or not this was really a crime... 8)

http://newsok.com/woman-tricks-oklahoma-city-business-receives-nearly-800-refund-for-playing-cards/article/5188136

In fact, if they were Apple playing cards she got screwed on the deal!

http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/mac/vintage-apple-playing-cards-soar-value-3262184/
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 01:06:59 PM by Will W. »
"I collect these objects to learn from them. In some moment these things are going to teach me something. For me, this is like a library. These are my books."
- Jose Bedia

Re: "I call"
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 01:36:15 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I have a couple terrible decks, one of the worst known to man. A Bridge sized "Pin ups" deck. (Spicy Playing cards By House of Marbles, I received them from someone who I thought liked me. Here's a link to the Deck) It's actually beyond terrible. I'm happy to swap the two I have for an iPhone haha. Offers better be quick though, in about thirty hours I'm gifting them to some frenemies at tomorrow nights game. They'll be happy until they open the unsealed tucks, then they'll be upset the tucks weren't full of coal haha.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 01:36:30 PM by Fes »
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 03:31:19 PM »

Will W.

• Discourse Veteran
I have a couple terrible decks, one of the worst known to man. A Bridge sized "Pin ups" deck. (Spicy Playing cards By House of Marbles, I received them from someone who I thought liked me. Here's a link to the Deck) It's actually beyond terrible. I'm happy to swap the two I have for an iPhone haha. Offers better be quick though, in about thirty hours I'm gifting them to some frenemies at tomorrow nights game. They'll be happy until they open the unsealed tucks, then they'll be upset the tucks weren't full of coal haha.

That decks not that bad... I've seen way worse.  Hell, some I own are worse.  Sometimes it's the cheap or ugly decks that have the most interesting stories to tell.
"I collect these objects to learn from them. In some moment these things are going to teach me something. For me, this is like a library. These are my books."
- Jose Bedia

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 05:14:54 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)

That decks not that bad... I've seen way worse.  Hell, some I own are worse.  Sometimes it's the cheap or ugly decks that have the most interesting stories to tell.

Haha, so you have this deck then! The backs are one way of course, but the faces are upside down on some, right side up on others. Printing is pretty terrible. Someone didn't have a color zil haha. It's be far the absolute worst deck I have. That takes into account some of the very bad mini decks I have. Some of which you can't shuffle at all haha. For some reason though, I'm actually fond of those little packages of miniature terrible. I don't know why, probably because shuffling is impossible. I always win when I play solitaire with one of them hahaha. ;)
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)