Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Woohoo! The campaign is now live!

Here's the link:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/674054954/bicycle-the-lumberjacks-2nd-edition-playing-cards

Thanks for everyone's support throughout this, we're almost there!
-Kleetz

Re: The second edition of the Lumberjacks
« Reply #226 on: March 09, 2015, 04:52:15 PM »

Will W.

• Discourse Veteran
Got a two deck early bird plus an original deck!  I never get early birds... I'm super stoked! 
"I collect these objects to learn from them. In some moment these things are going to teach me something. For me, this is like a library. These are my books."
- Jose Bedia

« Reply #227 on: March 09, 2015, 04:57:07 PM »

Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Got a two deck early bird plus an original deck!  I never get early birds... I'm super stoked!

Thank you Will!

« Reply #228 on: March 09, 2015, 04:59:30 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

I think you didn't understand me. From what I understand on the basis of your test Kickstarter page - you are going to reveal all faces at the start of your campaign. So, you won't be able to reveal something due to that. That's why I said what I said. And I think that it is important to reveal faces step by step on Kickstarter because it helps to keep crowd's interest in your project on a higher level. Just thoughts ;)

That's a matter of opinion, Collector.  Personally, before I back a project, I like to SEE what it is I'm backing!  :))  I don't need to be strung along with silly, unnecessary teasers - I'm a big boy now.

Are you going personally to secure the funding of this project? :)

It's a matter of opinion. But as a big boy you could see a lot of strange or even illogical things these days. Don't you know that 60% of on-line materials are written not for people but for Google and Bing :) Re-read all those "amazing" instructions "How to attract 10000000... on-line users to your product", etc. Entertaining reading... till the moment you understand that it really works for modern users :O

Collector, drop it.  It's an opinion.  Agree to disagree and leave it be.  We've hijacked this thread enough.

??? I don't see how I have hijacked this thread. And I always thought that the forum is for mutual exchange of opinions. I can try to find time and logically prove why the approach described by me is more useful for the campaign. And I also can easily find illogical things in answers on my above mentioned thoughts.

Other thing is that I also don't like the approach described by me. But, unfortunately, there are things that we like and find more logical, fair, and there are things that just work. Kleetz have chances to lose up to 30% of potential funding without regular updates and reveals of new designs of playing cards. IMHO, of course.

But it isn't my campaign, so I am calm about the chosen approach for it. It has started, so the approach isn't already important. Now the design and enough quantity of its fans are more important. The design is nice.

Good luck, Kleetz.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #229 on: March 10, 2015, 01:41:33 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

??? I don't see how I have hijacked this thread. And I always thought that the forum is for mutual exchange of opinions. I can try to find time and logically prove why the approach described by me is more useful for the campaign. And I also can easily find illogical things in answers on my above mentioned thoughts.

Other thing is that I also don't like the approach described by me. But, unfortunately, there are things that we like and find more logical, fair, and there are things that just work. Kleetz have chances to lose up to 30% of potential funding without regular updates and reveals of new designs of playing cards. IMHO, of course.

But it isn't my campaign, so I am calm about the chosen approach for it. It has started, so the approach isn't already important. Now the design and enough quantity of its fans are more important. The design is nice.

Good luck, Kleetz.

You're calling it your opinion, as in "In My Humble Opinion (IMHO)," yet you're quoting hard statistics from an unnamed source.  When you do that, you're actually presenting what you believe to be facts.  How, precisely, can he lose up to 30% of his funding by not using a tease campaign, and what's your information source?

Or are you trying to be contrary for the sake of being contrary?

It's very simple.  There likely are some people out there who love being teased through a deck campaign, be it Kickstarter or an ad campaign from a privately-funded deck producer.  I'm not one of them, and I know many others who are not - they've said as much in these boards.  Those of us who feel this way consider this to be our opinion and personal preference.  Do I have hard numbers?  No.  But as I'm not offering statistical facts, I don't really need hard numbers.  There's no point in refuting an opinion - it's just an opinion.

You're free to offer your opinions here; even anecdotal observations are cool.  But if you want to offer facts, back them up somehow.  Otherwise, they're still just your opinion.

Now please - let's drop this or take it to PMs.  Stay on-topic.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 01:50:22 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #230 on: March 15, 2015, 12:13:06 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

Good luck, Kleetz.

You're calling it your opinion, as in "In My Humble Opinion (IMHO)," yet you're quoting hard statistics from an unnamed source.  When you do that, you're actually presenting what you believe to be facts.  How, precisely, can he lose up to 30% of his funding by not using a tease campaign, and what's your information source?

Or are you trying to be contrary for the sake of being contrary?

It's very simple.  There likely are some people out there who love being teased through a deck campaign, be it Kickstarter or an ad campaign from a privately-funded deck producer.  I'm not one of them, and I know many others who are not - they've said as much in these boards.  Those of us who feel this way consider this to be our opinion and personal preference.  Do I have hard numbers?  No.  But as I'm not offering statistical facts, I don't really need hard numbers.  There's no point in refuting an opinion - it's just an opinion.

You're free to offer your opinions here; even anecdotal observations are cool.  But if you want to offer facts, back them up somehow.  Otherwise, they're still just your opinion.

Now please - let's drop this or take it to PMs.  Stay on-topic.

First of all, I’d like to find out how the second part of this

...You're free to offer your opinions here; even anecdotal observations are cool…

refers to this discussion? I have to think that this is your traditional quick switch to personal and attempt to offend any person having alternative opinion. You started from hijacking, then “anecdotal observations” and “stay on-topic”.

So, I am on-topic. This is an active Kickstarter project now and any discussion of its positioning, development or promotion is an integral part of the theme. When you post thousands of words (sometimes quite abstract) in every thread dedicated to different Kickstarter project it is a norm. When someone has an alternative opinion – it is off-topic.

...Or are you trying to be contrary for the sake of being contrary?

I don’t. But, unfortunately, you do. And this time you surpassed yourself. You invented non-existent fact in my message and then accused me of its groundlessness (factually of its absence). Have you ever heard any person ending to prove the Pythagorean theorem by words, “IMHO, of course”?

Let me discover a new world for you. “…Kleetz have chances to lose up to 30% of potential funding…” is just a value judgement – the same as your “…I know many others who are not - they've said as much in these boards…” (in this particular thread, only you and Kleetz among 10.000 registered users).

I understand that such things as “IMHO”, “I assume…”, “I suspect…”, “I suppose…” are a big problem for you. You don’t think within such categories. But try sometimes to read what people write before to comment that. Don’t interfere in communications of other members giving your assessments of other’s messages which you don’t understand and which aren’t directed to you (this is already about some other threads).

Any patience has its limits. There is a small embryo of BM Pokerworld in you. And it is growing. I say this as a person who has been writing on this forum several years and remember your first posts here. Try to understand that this Earth doesn’t revolve around your “I”. Otherwise, you will turn this forum into the place for your monologs.

P.S.
Please, save your time and don’t post here hundreds of rude jokes/hints and strict offences. I won’t read them anyway. I really hope you will change something in your world outlook and will find your harmony with surrounding world.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #231 on: March 15, 2015, 11:58:40 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I thought I asked you to take this to PMs.  We've done enough here, thanks.  It's rude to continue like this, and I won't be a part of it.

« Reply #232 on: April 21, 2015, 01:28:52 PM »

Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Hey guys,

After the campaign ended (unsuccessfully) I posted on Facebook in The Card Club asking for opinions from members of why they though it didn't succeed. I got a bunch of replies and suggestions. One regarding the royalty having a little more brawn. Since the Jack of Spades was really the only one lacking something, I've decided to fully embrace his laziness!

Here's an updated version of the JoS:

Let me know what you guys think, I've also brought back the subscribe site. So if you you want to know when I relaunch the campaign, please subscribe and I'll let you know!

More updates to come!

Best,
Vadim

« Reply #233 on: April 28, 2015, 11:13:38 AM »

Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
I took some time and updated the subscribe site! Check it out and if you haven't yet, subscribe and I'll notify you when I relaunch the campaign!

Thanks,
Vadim

« Reply #234 on: May 13, 2015, 12:30:05 PM »

Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Woohoo!

I've got a date, a re-launch date that is! I will be re-launching the Lumberjacks 2nd edition on May 27th, so mark you calendars!

I shot a series of 12s clips to promote the date, here's one of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29AskD1HB0Y

More to come!

« Reply #235 on: May 14, 2015, 11:08:18 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Marked my calendar - and the next issue of CARD CULTURE Magazine, coming out Friday!  I think you'll like the article on your deck and its forthcoming release, courtesy of staff writer Tom Majski (Magasaki)!

« Reply #236 on: May 15, 2015, 10:55:43 AM »

Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Marked my calendar - and the next issue of CARD CULTURE Magazine, coming out Friday!  I think you'll like the article on your deck and its forthcoming release, courtesy of staff writer Tom Majski (Magasaki)!

Yeah, very exciting! Tom has been awesome, cannot thank him enough!

« Reply #237 on: May 20, 2015, 12:02:41 PM »

Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Oh yeeaaaah!

7 more days until the relaunch! Here's another quick video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIB-Xbd7sxM

Check it out, hope you guys like!

Vadim

« Reply #238 on: May 21, 2015, 01:18:12 PM »

Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING POST!

My goal with the 2nd edition Lumberjack deck is not only to bring you a cool looking deck, but to ship it to you guys for the best possible price. I will be using BackerKit for shipping.

From what I see, international backers are pretty much screwed with shipping. So I've worked really hard to get the best possible international shipping pricing.

Because I've included domestic shipping, I think it's only fair to carry that amount ($5) over to international backers.

Which means:

Canadian Backers:
1 deck = $2 additional for shipping
2 decks = $2 additional for shipping (the better choice)
3 decks = $3 additional for shipping
6 decks = $9 additional for shipping
12 decks = $15 additional for shipping

UK Backers:
1 deck = $6 additional for shipping
2 decks = $8 additional for shipping
3 decks = $8 additional for shipping (the better choice)
6 decks = $15 additional for shipping
12 decks = $23 additional for shipping

Most of my backers come from these areas. The rest of the world isn't too far off from the UK pricing.

Campaign goes live May 27th!

-Vadim

« Reply #239 on: May 26, 2015, 04:34:21 PM »

Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
 :D

So relatively good news! I'm (hopefully) going to be relaunching the campaign tomorrow at Noon. I say hopefully because due to the project failing the first time, I was not aware that KS has to approve it if you decide to relaunch. So the project is submitted and hopefully it will be good to go for tomorrow. If it's not, then it will have to launch the following day.

I'll keep you guys in the loop. Furthermore, Gamblers Warehouse will be handling the fulfillment. I want to get this deck in your hands quickly and I've heard they do an excellent job.

Vadim