New Designer Hello!

Author (Read 402 times)

New Designer Hello!
« on: December 09, 2013, 12:02:33 PM »

Lukeout

• Forum Regular

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
I have been loving all the action on Kickstarter and other places with playing cards (that Pagan deck on right now is particularly great IMO). They motivated a friend and I to design a deck which we will be putting up on KS in early January. I've got a lot of experience with games on KS (4-for-4 funded and delivered on time or early), and I even published a kids book with my wife this year on KS, but this will be the first deck of cards I've worked on.

I found this forum today, and I am really blown away. I've read through probably 500 posts today (seemed that way at least), and all of them seem very helpful, polite and considerate even when opinions varied. This is the kind of community that the internet was made for. Very happy to be here to learn and hopefully contribute.

Luke
"Design is nothing more or less than the ability to go from what exists to what is preferred."

Re: New Designer Hello!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 02:50:01 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Welcome Lukeout, real nice mix of members here, hope you enjoy it as much as I have.  Always nice to have designers on board, can't wait to see your KS Project!

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 07:37:52 PM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
Good Luke with your new deck - and enjoy the site. Lots to see and learn.
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 11:47:03 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Luke, welcome to the Discourse.  We're pretty friendly around here and don't (usually) bite...  :))

You should put links to your projects/games/prior work in your profile's signature - I'm sure there are people here who'd be interested in checking them out.  Perhaps it's shameless promotion, perhaps it isn't, but either way, we're tolerant of it when it comes from active members - and so far, you look more active than most!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/