You are Here:
A new Project

Author (Read 629 times)

A new Project
« on: November 21, 2012, 10:13:11 AM »

Leon

• Newcomer
Hello , My name is Leon.L.I had been create trick from the past 2 year and now I want to produce my first DVD .I had only one problem ,is that I cannot find a company to produce the DVD.So may I ask you which company can help me to produce My first DVD.I need someone help me to solve this problem and thank you for taking you time to read this post.

Leon.L
TheBlueRose

Re: A new Project
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 02:59:39 PM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
Hey Leon, Have you messaged people like The Blue Crown, Theory 11 and such? Theory 11 has a thing called the wire where you can submit videos and can sell them for $5-$10 a piece, some people put them out for free!
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 06:45:46 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Josh has a good point about approaching companies to sell your trick.  And DVDs are becoming old news for small one- or two-trick videos - they're mostly sold as digital downloads now.  Cheaper to produce and distribute.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 09:27:07 PM »

Leon

• Newcomer
I think a hard copy is better due to copy right .Because when you put out a trick as a download maybe a week later you can see other website can download the trick as free.Last year I ask Magical Sleight why released a pen drive and put all the download in season 1 and stop selling on website  in it due to the same reason.I also hate someone who download a trick from theory 11 or Dan and Dave and put out a tutorial in the YouTube .

Last time I send a messaged to the Blue Crown almost three time and them never reply to you.If my trick is not in their range them don't even tell you and just leave it out of their view.
By the way can you give me a list of company which produce DVD .

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 10:34:00 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I think a hard copy is better due to copy right .Because when you put out a trick as a download maybe a week later you can see other website can download the trick as free.Last year I ask Magical Sleight why released a pen drive and put all the download in season 1 and stop selling on website  in it due to the same reason.I also hate someone who download a trick from theory 11 or Dan and Dave and put out a tutorial in the YouTube .

Last time I send a messaged to the Blue Crown almost three time and them never reply to you.If my trick is not in their range them don't even tell you and just leave it out of their view.
By the way can you give me a list of company which produce DVD .

Leon, if you think for a second that publishing on DVD will slow down any video piracy, you're only kidding yourself.  While it's technically illegal, countless people have the necessary software (and little skill is required to use it) to break the software encryption on a DVD and produce a digital file suitable for uploading to the Internet or viewing on a smartphone.  You'll be wasting money for nothing, especially if you're releasing just one trick.

It costs you NOTHING beyond the cost of shooting a digital video to post a trick to the Wire, where it gets reviewed by fellow magicians, and if it's good, it sells and you get money for it.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 10:54:34 PM »

Leon

• Newcomer
First,The DVD is a collection of 10-12 trick on it so I need to put in the DVD.
Second, some of the trick is quite easy but cannot releases in the wire .Example of the trick
You can make any picture in the smartphone change to other picture and hand it out for examined.This can be use as prediction or making an object like coin or candy out the phone .Also ,5 idea to let the spectator to shuffle the deck and still know or control the select card in a way .

If I want to published on the wire I think I only can publish some trick like standing version of oil and water without extra card or a new concept for the 10 card poker deal which also be use as the follow the leader or a mini version of out of this world.