You are Here:
Blue Crown 1st Anniv. Party/Vaudeville Deck NOW AVAILABLE

Author (Read 26458 times)

Re: Blue Crown 1st Anniv. Party - AND THEIR NEW DECK!
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 03:13:15 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Kevin Reylek confirmed that there will be no new decks released tonight but there will be sales on the crown decks.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 04:56:19 PM by MagicAddictz »

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2012, 04:14:45 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
"no" new decks or "now" new decks? Taking the context of the rest of the post, I think you meant "no" new decks. Not all that disappointed really. I think too many decks have come and gone. Give us a little more time. I want to see the Altruistic deck anyway.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2012, 04:43:41 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
"no" new decks or "now" new decks? Taking the context of the rest of the post, I think you meant "no" new decks. Not all that disappointed really. I think too many decks have come and gone. Give us a little more time. I want to see the Altruistic deck anyway.

Yes no new decks, but we can expect them sometime in the near future. I'm not upset about this. I just ordered Manas so I can take a little break haha
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2012, 06:30:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
"Near future" in this case is before the end of the month.  There's still more big things coming on the horizon and this will be a busy month for Blue Crown.  Stay tuned...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2012, 07:10:49 AM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
The $3 for a crown deck deal is great!
I already ordered Mana decks and the Seasons Playing Cards comming early April as well.
but maybe i'm gonna pick up a mixed brick of the V2's  :)
Incl. international shipping its $55 a brick.
3,50€ a deck.Usually they sell for 6-7,50€ a deck here in germany at the magicshops.
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2012, 07:39:33 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
"Near future" in this case is before the end of the month.  There's still more big things coming on the horizon and this will be a busy month for Blue Crown.  Stay tuned...

Can't wait on these.
Hope it will come out together with the owl decks. I really hate to pay several international shipping.

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2012, 03:31:43 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Can't wait on these.
Hope it will come out together with the owl decks. I really hate to pay several international shipping.
@Phantom, those decks are called the Altruism decks

@Don, does that mean that you saw many different unreleased products at the party? If so, any other decks?

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2012, 06:20:28 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
"In just under 2 hours we will unveil our BIG announcement. This is a project that has been in development for the past year and we can't tell you how excited we are about it! Stay tuned at 8pm EST for the awesomeness!" - The Blue Crown

I'm hoping that this is a Vaudeville announcement. And if it is, I hope its a release date!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 07:25:06 PM by MagicAddictz »

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2012, 06:54:44 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Looking forward to the "Big Announcement" and I am picking up a brick of Crowns, the price is too good to pass up.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2012, 07:08:02 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The Blue Crown also says that " Vaudeville is just part of something much bigger"
What could that mean? Thoughts?

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2012, 07:11:17 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Could be a series of decks or it could be a line of products all related to each other.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2012, 08:03:36 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
NEW:: Introducing the House of Playing Cards! The House of Playing Cards is a brand-new endeavor from The Blue Crown that will change the world of custom playing cards forever! We have been working closely with the United States Playing Card Company to offer something that's truly new and different. Sign up for everything you need to know! http://houseofplayingcards.com/
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2012, 08:10:00 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
You will be able to approach them with your playing card ideas.. if they like it.. they will form a "partnership" with you to have them produced.

That's what I'm assuming

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2012, 10:50:17 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
So both new decks by the BC is probably the part of the House of playing cards project.

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2012, 03:19:12 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
So both new decks by the BC is probably the part of the House of playing cards project.

I have some inside (and confidential) info on HOPC after meeting with Kevin Reylek yesterday for lunch - rest assured, it's bigger than what you're imagining so far.  Stay tuned and sign up for the HOPC emails.

The Vaudeville deck isn't really an HOPC project, it's a Blue Crown project.

I wish I could tell you more, but there really are big things on the horizon at Blue Crown.  There's no hyperbole in their statement about changing the custom card market forever.  Things will NOT be the same after the site goes live.

I'm hoping to meet with them again sometime next week.

If you guys don't mind, let's keep this topic to the Vaudeville deck - go HERE to discuss the HOPC:
http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=2024.0;topicseen

The Vaudeville deck WILL be out BEFORE MONTH'S END.  Close to the end of the month.  I'm certain Blue Crown will keep everyone informed.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 03:33:23 PM by Don Boyer »

Re: Blue Crown 1st Anniv. Party/Vaudeville Deck coming soon!
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2012, 04:58:56 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
That's cool and all Don, but if you're not going to share the information with us then there is no need to share. It's cool and all, but it just looks like bragging. I'm happy that you got to meet with them and you're in the know. Saying I know information and then not sharing is pointless.

We all know big things are coming, TBC has already said that.

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2012, 05:04:15 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
That's cool and all Don, but if you're not going to share the information with us then there is no need to share. It's cool and all, but it just looks like bragging. I'm happy that you got to meet with them and you're in the know. Saying I know information and then not sharing is pointless.

Of course it looks like bragging... it probably is! But if I got to meet them and find out info like that, I'd be bragging too  :P

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2012, 05:10:32 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Of course it looks like bragging... it probably is! But if I got to meet them and find out info like that, I'd be bragging too  :P

Yes I know, but it's pointless. He posted two very similar comments in two different threads. Both of these did very little besides saying that he knew information and wasn't going to share it. That does nothing for thread. I'm sure Don would love to share it but he cant, and because of that he should just refrain from posting in multiple threads something so pointless

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2012, 01:09:27 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Guys, please - keep this on-topic about either the party or the Vaudeville deck.  There's another topic for the HOPC.

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2012, 04:26:56 PM »

joshzachmatt

• YouTube:
When does it come out, if it's not already? I really wanna get a few, if they're as good as the other ones :)

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2012, 05:19:49 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
When does it come out, if it's not already? I really wanna get a few, if they're as good as the other ones :)
The answer to that question was said a few times above. It will be released this month  :) So that means very soon.

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2012, 07:37:06 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
"After almost 10 MONTHS of working on a NEW deck, its finally here! The Vaudeville Deck!

For the past 2 weeks we've been getting constant questions about when the deck will be released. We're happy to announce that the Vaudeville Deck will be available for sale on....

MIDNIGHT eastern time on Friday March 23rd (Thursday night/Friday morning) - less than 1 week away! Again, that's hour 00:00 on Friday for all you non-american folks :)

The Vaudeville deck has been designed to show that the Vaudeville era may be gone, but it is definitely not forgotten. Designed from the ground up, the Vaudeville Deck features 100% custom artwork that pays tribute to the grandeur and mystique of the great magicians of yesteryear.

- CUSTOM EVERYTHING! We have put close to 10 months of work into this - creating EVERYTHING you see on the card from scratch. The most unique deck ever created!

The faces have an aged, vintage look, with each King being modeled after a famous Vaudeville-era magician. The Jacks and Queens pay tribute to antique fashion styles. Even the pips have been created from scratch with a stylish curtain theme! The crystal ball from the back design is seamlessly integrated into the Ace of Spades, which has an intricate and ornate design that’s reminiscent of a fine antique. The tuck case is a work of art by itself, featuring our custom Vaudeville logo, an eye-popping color scheme, precise embossing, and gold foil accents." - The Blue Crown

Finally we have a release date  :D but it is the same day as De'vo's releases... I'm going to be broke after Friday.
The deck sounds awesome from the description above... and the box sounds like it is really something special. I just can't wait to see the back design!

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2012, 07:45:29 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Thanks for posting Evan!

If you guys check out our Facebook page, we have some opportunities this week where you can win free decks!

We're so excited to finally share this deck with everyone.  I remember when Alex described the concept to me months ago.  I thought it was cool then, and every draft/revision since then has been better than the last. This deck is really something different, and every single element is custom!
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2012, 07:46:06 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
might get 2 decks eventually, I doubt it will sell out super fast.

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2012, 07:48:16 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
Thanks for posting Evan!

If you guys check out our Facebook page, we have some opportunities this week where you can win free decks!

We're so excited to finally share this deck with everyone.  I remember when Alex described the concept to me months ago.  I thought it was cool then, and every draft/revision since then has been better than the last. This deck is really something different, and every single element is custom!

Kevin, will this deck have the same stock and finish as the crown decks? Or something new?
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos