You are Here:
40$ worth it?

Author (Read 991 times)

40$ worth it?
« on: February 23, 2012, 03:41:38 PM »

awesomeness12

• Forum Regular
Hi guys. Is a Pirate Deck set worth 40$?
Most Recently Added: Variety Box v4
Decks I'm looking for: Black Crowns, Smoke and Mirrors v5, Centurions, Sentinels.

Re: 40$ worth it?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 03:51:59 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I'd say no, personally

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 03:55:28 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Probably not. I believe it started off as $20 a set, and that's at the high end already. But it was a short print run, the price eventually got pushed up by the resellers.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 04:12:05 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
They go for that on eBay but I sold mine for about $30 I believe, which is a far more fair price. The decks aren't in that short of a supply nor is there that high of a demand for them.

What a deck is worth is up to you. If you look at the Pirate sets and think "this is what I need before anything else!" then they're probably worth more than $40 even! For me, I looked at them and thought "I would part with these in an instant if I was given $30" and I did.

Forum Founder.

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 04:26:48 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I personally think they aren't but:
1) I would say 95% of decks are overpriced in my opinion
2) Many decks cost much more than that but are worth much less in my opinion (i.e. Gold Monarchs/Arcanes etc)

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 05:37:20 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Probably not. I believe it started off as $20 a set, and that's at the high end already. But it was a short print run, the price eventually got pushed up by the resellers.

They strategically do so and I know Pirates and Appolo are manipulated by some China dealers. :'(

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 05:44:32 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
They strategically do so and I know Pirates and Appolo are manipulated by some China dealers. :'(

True story. I'm not sure how did manage to do that to the Apollo deck, but the Pirates was easy since the designer was Chinese. All they had to do was purchase a large quantity at retail rate and sell off slowly with increasing profit.

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 06:01:48 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity

True story. I'm not sure how did manage to do that to the Apollo deck, but the Pirates was easy since the designer was Chinese. All they had to do was purchase a large quantity at retail rate and sell off slowly with increasing profit.

Pirates, Apollo, Tetralogy, ... the same designer... ???

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 06:10:37 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Wait Apollo was from Eric Duan as well? I always thought it was a US-designed product...

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 06:29:17 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Wait Apollo was from Eric Duan as well? I always thought it was a US-designed product...

Yes. Everytime when I saw Kete introducing a new decks that still had no information on foreign forums (here foreign means non-Chinese you know), I knew he got the information or even the deck from China dealers (he was the first person who got the Pirates and Apollo decks and wrote in-depth reviews on them).

_
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 06:30:45 PM by digipunk »

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 08:55:29 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I don`t think it is, but you can decide if you like it.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.