You are Here:
wow i won skulkor credits =D

Author (Read 15328 times)

Re: wow i won skulkor credits =D
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 06:17:27 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I signed up for everything. I hope I'm entered!

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 06:39:15 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
there trailer looks cool too http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fPPDRccFTCI

I went the movies last week (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZYQwBwmZDs) but now I think: Why don't I just sit in front of the computer watching Skulkor's trailers. They are so cool  :o :o

yeah the cartoon ones awesome too =D

Wow $500? You could easily get a brick of their deck, a clip, an uncut, and still have $300 or more left!

so cool i really like the look of the clip and the jokers of the cards does anybody know what stock or finish theyll use ?
I don't think they've shared that info yet. I'm curious to know too.

what combo would you like ?
I'd like Aristocrat stock and magic finish... but I have a feeling it will be Bicycle 325 stock. Just a guess though.

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012, 06:54:21 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
So what's up with the whole creepy Skulkor message I got on YouTube? Something about a revolution. Sounds a tad silly, I don't think anything is being revolutionized. Unless they came up with a vanishing act that defies the laws of physics, there isn't much to "radically change" in the world of magic. o_o
Forum Founder.

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 07:01:46 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
there trailer looks cool too http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fPPDRccFTCI

I went the movies last week (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZYQwBwmZDs) but now I think: Why don't I just sit in front of the computer watching Skulkor's trailers. They are so cool  :o :o

yeah the cartoon ones awesome too =D

Wow $500? You could easily get a brick of their deck, a clip, an uncut, and still have $300 or more left!

so cool i really like the look of the clip and the jokers of the cards does anybody know what stock or finish theyll use ?
I don't think they've shared that info yet. I'm curious to know too.

what combo would you like ?
I'd like Aristocrat stock and magic finish... but I have a feeling it will be Bicycle 325 stock. Just a guess though.

id like that too would be awesome they dont look short on money so hopefully it will be ^^ and not the 325 one

So what's up with the whole creepy Skulkor message I got on YouTube? Something about a revolution. Sounds a tad silly, I don't think anything is being revolutionized. Unless they came up with a vanishing act that defies the laws of physics, there isn't much to "radically change" in the world of magic. o_o

haha there giving me all that to spend if im a member of a secret brotherhood thats fine with me ^^

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2012, 09:17:04 PM »

kensei777

• Forum Regular
  • Card Technician and Noob Playing Cards Collector

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Wow. Congratulations dude! I was never really lucky when it comes to those random draw things. Darn. And I wanted to win the half brick prize...  :(
I prefer hand written signatures over digital ones but the ink appears to be stuck on my monitor screen...

- Emman Refuerzo aka Kensei777

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2012, 09:26:14 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:

Yeah, I found it extremely cheesy/tacky to be honest. I also hate the part of their contest that makes everyone change their profile picture - I have no interest in Skullkor and honestly I'm really sick of seeing it everywhere. Their whole marketing method gives me that De'vo vibe that I'm not liking at all.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 09:26:43 PM by Moon.exe »
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 12:26:18 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

Yeah, I found it extremely cheesy/tacky to be honest. I also hate the part of their contest that makes everyone change their profile picture - I have no interest in Skullkor and honestly I'm really sick of seeing it everywhere. Their whole marketing method gives me that De'vo vibe that I'm not liking at all.
I didn't want to be harsh, but I also thought the same thing. They don't even have custom court cards or pips, yet they are saying they are revolutionizing the playing card industry? I'm not even a huge fan of their Ace of Spades. This seems like it is only marketing and hype...

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 08:40:49 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I was a little disappointed in the lack of customization on the faces, but look at it like this: a lot of companies in the cards business release their initial offerings with little customization.  Before Arcane, every deck from Ellusionist had Bicycle standard faces - I don't count Ghost, since the tweak to the index pips is so minimal.  Until Dead Eyes, all Karnival decks were Bicycle standard.  Nearly every Theory11 deck uses Bicycle faces as well - much to the disappointment of many around here.  I'll grant that it's a different market now, but it's still early and they want to make an impression and get their toe in the door.  They seem to be preparing to offer more than just cards, as well - perhaps they'll be some magic and/or cardistry available as well when they open shop...

We'll see, soon enough, gang!  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2012, 09:00:49 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
I might be the only one who don't need custom faces  :( :(
Don't get me wrong, I like special custom faces too, but don't really need them (and thus it is not the key point for me to buy a deck or not). When I use a deck of playing cards, 99 percent of the time, the cards are face down....

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2012, 09:03:26 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I don`t like when there is a dark background and then the faces have the colourful court cards. It just takes away from the deck. IMO
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2012, 09:06:20 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
i love the jokers but they wont fit in any of the card clips haha ><

aslo they messaged me

To Brother Zagan,

Your credit will be deliver as a coupon code format. The code will be ready for you before the event. Use this advantage to equip yourself fully in order to prepare for The Revolution!

That is why we want to personally invite you to the event of the year MMXII.

There, you are to be baptized as our new blood brother in Skulkor.

Welcome to our brotherhood.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 09:07:15 PM by zaganh »

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2012, 09:22:07 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Ahh I find this whole brotherhood thing amusing.
Anyhow, how do you know it doesn't fit in your card clips?

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2012, 09:24:18 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Ahh I find this whole brotherhood thing amusing.
Anyhow, how do you know it doesn't fit in your card clips?

because most only fit 52 cards in well any i have porper and carbon so i never have the jokers with me maybe the pearl one will let me have more in but i doubt it haha

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2012, 09:26:10 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
I'm sure it'll fit, maybe just tighter. I've got my decks with jokers in and they go into my clip just fine. Maybe get the larger clip from E? That'll fit for sure.

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2012, 09:29:10 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I'm sure it'll fit, maybe just tighter. I've got my decks with jokers in and they go into my clip just fine. Maybe get the larger clip from E? That'll fit for sure.

awesome ill have to get one i love the artwork on the jokers usually thanks for your help =D

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2012, 09:35:56 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity

Don't be too confident. :P :P
When I got the Blades decks and the clips from de'vo, I put a deck into the clip. They were so match, the only problem was I could not separate them. "Till death do us part", I heard that from the deck...

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2012, 09:38:50 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
o.O
His deck wouldn't even fit his own clip? Hmm...anyone else experienced this with the Blades?

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2012, 09:55:16 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
o.O
His deck wouldn't even fit his own clip? Hmm...anyone else experienced this with the Blades?

We know not every deck has the same thickness and Joe Porper card clips have different sizes (at least there are 2 sizes on E : standard and slightly larger). Blades clip really surprised me though I know the reason. They were produced at almost the same time (in fact, the clip was earlier than the deck), de'vo didn't the chance to test the clips and decks first. Now the Skulkor decks and clips are coming out at the same time, so... be careful :P :P

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2012, 10:01:40 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
if you bend your clips open the decks fit better.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2012, 10:15:38 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Hey, does any one know when and where all these items will be available?

« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2012, 10:17:59 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Isn't it tomorrow when they'll be announcing 5 products? I remember reading that from their email or maybe from their fb page.

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2012, 10:58:04 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
if you bend your clips open the decks fit better.

i put a v6 deck with 52 card in a carbon clip it was real tight and every time i took it out i pushes it apart a little then i put 53 then 54 54 real tight 53 a little tighter and now 52 is perfect before it was stragnling 52 now it slides in sweetly and dosent harm my box
Isn't it tomorrow when they'll be announcing 5 products? I remember reading that from their email or maybe from their fb page.
yep theres a countdown if you go to there site

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2012, 12:10:39 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Really? Five products?! Where did this company come from? This one is hitting me blindside haha
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2012, 12:22:51 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Really? Five products?! Where did this company come from? This one is hitting me blindside haha

so far i have seen the
1 limeted edition pearl white card clip
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=347434865288290&set=pu.315721561792954&type=1&theater
2 the deck
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=342256499139460&set=a.342149482483495.87725.315721561792954&type=3&theater
3 uncut sheets
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=348245785207198&set=pu.315721561792954&type=1&theater
4 decks with red or silver wax on the front wich are not for sale
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=346709735360803&set=pu.315721561792954&type=1&theater
4 ghost braclet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7ALVQXwZVg
5 the skulkor ring silver with rare volcanic gemstones
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=345026862195757&set=a.315739111791199.82607.315721561792954&type=3&theater

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2012, 02:39:29 AM »

danktrees

• Elite Member
sweet. i just won $500 credit as well. i was gonna pick some stuff up from them anyways so this just makes it 1000x better. i know what you guys mean about the other promo contests but to be fair to them, it's just a contest. it's not different than guys asking for likes etc. i was seeing their logo everywhere on facebook too, in the end it's just a promo. if u look at everything they're giving away...they coulda just spent that money on advertising somewhere and you'd see those ads too and we'd get nothing. but at least this way they're giving back to potential customers and fans in general even though they havent made any money yet.

that being said...it is kinda funny to see their facebook page. every post on that page has a skulkor avatar except mine which has yuriorkis gamboa lol.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:47:17 AM by danktrees »