Just a question: raffle!

Author (Read 2020 times)

Just a question: raffle!
« on: February 16, 2012, 05:34:56 AM »

whatismagic2011

• True Member

• Facebook:
Hey guys,
Im not sure if this is under the sales section or this section. Here it goes, what do you guys thing of a raffle?
I'll wrap up individual decks(from common to rare) in a piece of paper, then you guys pay like 12USD including shipping and you guys will be able to pick one of the wrapped deck. Here's the kick, you never know what you get until you receive it. Hey, who knows what you're gonna get? You got luck, you get a Friars club playing card(orange or blue), or maybe a red artifice, or IOACP deck? Out of luck you get Fantastique deck, Fulton's clip joint, massa etc....

Leave some feedbacks on how you see this raffle.

Re: Just a question: raffle!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 05:54:24 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
In my point of view, I'm not buying the raffle.
No one knows what you are going to send, maybe you will have only 3-4 rare decks that worth more than 12$, and lots of decks that worth more than 12$. So the possibility is very low. You can even send out all cheap decks and no one can question you how many high value decks you are sending.

I have an idea for this.
Do it like a contest.
Having prices, listed. And what ever way you do on the drawings.
Everyone will see the list of what everyone gets.
This might work.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 06:04:24 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
so it is like a gamble right .. i like the idea of getting a rare deck , but hate the idea of getting a standard playing card

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 06:10:17 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Mmm it really depends on the number and rarity of the decks. If you have a ratio of 1:10 rare to common decks, I doubt people would be appealed to join in for the raffle. :S

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 09:59:56 AM »

Eyeball

• Elite Member
Yeah you would have to let people know what their odds so that they know if it's worth the gamble. Also as someone else said, there's nothing to stop you from just giving everyone cheap decks anyway so letting people know the odds ahead of time is probably a better idea.

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 10:15:06 AM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
Think this is n okay idea, as long as you tell people a list of the decks so they know whats up for offer.
Some Men just want to watch the world burn.

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 10:42:23 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
i say make a list of the decks you have in there. that way people can see if they are willing to buy one. if most of the decks are crap and only one or two or nice it would not be worth it but if you have about 50/50 some (including myself) would feel better. Personally unless all the decks are ones i want I probably wont participate.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 03:02:42 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah it's an okay idea. Some people will not take the chance and others might find it fun. I wouldn't even think about it until I saw the list of cards and knew the odds. I'm still not super interested because I would rather just know what I'm spending my money on.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 03:36:19 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Its a neat idea but not for me. I'd rather spend $12 on something that I know what it is.

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 03:44:38 PM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Yeah, I agree with what many others have said before me - having a list with all the decks on it would be great.
"What have future generations ever done for us?" - Groucho Marx

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 05:09:10 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Heyo, here is how to make this work logistically:

Require everyone who wants to enter the raffle to pay you X money for as many decks as they would like. The list of decks, and the quantity being given away, are public. You post what each person gets publicly.

Since you have no logical reason to unfairly select bad decks to send to certain people, we can assume that everything is by chance. So let's say I give you $144 for 12 decks. You randomly select 12 decks from the list and send them to me, and I am told what I receive.

Your original method leaves too much room for scamming. While you may be the most honest person in the world, everyone here needs insurance of that. Good luck!
Forum Founder.

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 06:41:16 AM »

whatismagic2011

• True Member

• Facebook:
WOW looks like my idea is not so appealing without the list of decks. Thanks for all your feedback guys. So while you guys commented on my post. There was a mini mystery contest going on, who ever commented/left feedbacks on this post you got entry to my mystery contest!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 08:48:32 AM by whatismagic2011 »

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 06:42:53 AM »

whatismagic2011

• True Member

• Facebook:
BTW how do i add pic?

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 08:22:50 AM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
BTW how do i add pic?

you could create a free blog at blogger.com and upload the pictures there as your blog post then posting it here using the insert picture feature  :)  or below the posts you can see the feature for attaching a file. Its labeled 'Attachments and other options' just follow up with the rest, choose file and upload it here. Hope that helps  :)
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 10:33:59 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
ok so then what do we get? and i like how alex does it, you could do it for a few if not many people are into it at 1st and when people see what is getting sent out they might then decide to join.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 11:04:19 AM »

whatismagic2011

• True Member

• Facebook:
Meh i dont think i wanna do this. I dont really have much rare decks now so yea, when i get more rare decks. I'll start this raffle. For now! Mr Brown_baggs please PM your address. you've won yourself a little prize.

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 02:06:11 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Meh i dont think i wanna do this. I dont really have much rare decks now so yea, when i get more rare decks. I'll start this raffle. For now! Mr Brown_baggs please PM your address. you've won yourself a little prize.

Oh awesome!! Thanks  :)

I think what Alex said is the best way to do it, if you decide to do it sometime in the future! It's a tricky idea, but if done right it could be pretty fun.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 09:01:36 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I'm the last one on the list. LoL
This is nice, fun contest. No one knew it before comment.

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 12:53:12 AM »

whatismagic2011

• True Member

• Facebook:
@Brown_baggs
I'll send your package ASAP once I've the time to do so, probably within this week.
@Phantom1412
no worries, there's still chances for you!