You are Here:
Early stages of my next deck

Author (Read 21958 times)

Re: Early stages of my next deck
« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2012, 10:32:26 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Personally, this is my favorite so far. Maybe you could make the shadow around the monkeys on the back a bit less "dense" or "thick", if you know what I mean.
Maybe, well see what everyone else thinks, I personally think its perfect so far
No offense, but perfection is impossible.

« Reply #151 on: March 15, 2012, 10:45:45 PM »

ReaganM

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Personally, this is my favorite so far. Maybe you could make the shadow around the monkeys on the back a bit less "dense" or "thick", if you know what I mean.
Maybe, well see what everyone else thinks, I personally think its perfect so far
No offense, but perfection is impossible.
well not perfect to everybody, but the world is how you perceive it. Anywho I was thinking of launching this project in a week, any objections? Even when it lauinches I can make small edits, you guys think its at least ready for launch?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 11:18:50 PM by ReaganM »

« Reply #152 on: March 15, 2012, 11:50:40 PM »

Billywiz

• Elite Member
So no poker peek indices then? if not then I would go with only two corner indices not four, the back looks good, but is a little dark.

« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2012, 11:52:52 PM »

ReaganM

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
So no poker peek indices then? if not then I would go with only two corner indices not four, the back looks good, but is a little dark.
See I just dont know yet, I might put it up to a vote, the thing is there is no real way to make it look good without makeing all 4 of them poker peek indices, and if I did that, well we know the reception that the actuall poker peek cards got.

« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2012, 02:05:04 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
See I just dont know yet, I might put it up to a vote, the thing is there is no real way to make it look good without makeing all 4 of them poker peek indices, and if I did that, well we know the reception that the actuall poker peek cards got.

The poker peek cards were four corners of peek indices when they were released for the 2007 WSOP.  Many players complained they were too small to see easily.

In the present form, it's just a European-style card suited for lefties and righties, but the indices are actually too small.  If you want poker peek indices, you put them in the normally-empty corners of a standard US playing card, properly sized and angled, while leaving the two "primary" indices alone and of the correct size.  Otherwise, just drop the peek indices and go for a traditional US card layout.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/