Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
Hey guys, thought this might be an interesting topic to see who likes/ owns what.

Hopefully it turns out be like the Mac or PC one, but we shall see.

Personally I own a Xbox 360, because they are the BOMB!!! better tan PS3, had to say it, sorry Xbox 360 haters
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

Re: Whats your Favorite?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 07:04:58 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Xbox 360 fo sho!!  Currently been playing a lot of BF3.  Love that game.  Speaking of which, that would be an interesting poll too.  Modern Warfare 3 vs Battlefield 3  ;)
- Adam

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 07:05:20 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Well I also rock the Xbox 360. It is mostly because of the games offered on the platform. I'm more of a fan of the Xbox exclusive titles than the PS3 exclusive titles. I also find that most of my friends have Xboxs so it makes it easier to play with them then having to adjust to the controls.

Right now I'm rocking MW3 and Fifa12  8)
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 07:08:11 AM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
...I want there to be a Nintendo console on that list. ¬_¬
"What have future generations ever done for us?" - Groucho Marx

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 07:11:31 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
...I want there to be a Nintendo console on that list. ¬_¬
There is no way Nintendo is gonna beat out a PS3 or Xbox 360.  lol  Just saying  :P
- Adam

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 07:13:34 AM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
im with knobz there, sorry
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 07:36:25 AM »

lordlupus

• Forum Regular
PS3 player here. I used to own a xbox but sold it because I wanted to play PS3 exclusive games which I found more interesting.

God of War, LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, Killzone, and my personal favorite, Heavy Rain

Currently playing Skylanders with my son.

(Saying that, I spend more time playing Carcassonne, Tickets to Ride and Settlers of Catan on my iPhone/iPad than playing games on my PS3 or PC)

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 10:32:32 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Uh, why do Sony and Microsoft have their latest boxes on the list and the Nintendo machine is two generations old? I'll grant you it was a great machine for its time, but today an iPad probably has more oomph to it...

While you figure that out, I'm gonna watch a Blu-Ray movie on my game machine.

"Which machine?", you ask?  The only one on that list that CAN play Blu-Ray!   :o
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 11:12:49 AM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
There is no way Nintendo is gonna beat out a PS3 or Xbox 360.  lol  Just saying  :P

Nintendo's awesome! Just because they don't have the same gaming speed or graphics quality... or range of games... or quality of games in some cases, doesn't mean they're not as good!  :P

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 11:27:38 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty

Nintendo's awesome! Just because they don't have the same gaming speed or graphics quality... or range of games... or quality of games in some cases, doesn't mean they're not as good!  :P
Oh Im not saying Nintendo is terrible at all!  Each system sells for a specific audience.  Like some people have stated above, they bought the system that allowed them to play exclusive games.  Nintendo is the same way.  But if your gonna throw Nintendo in a poll with the PS3 and Xbox 360.  Well.................. its not really in the same league.  But still a good system none the less.
- Adam

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 11:37:58 AM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Oh Im not saying Nintendo is terrible at all!  Each system sells for a specific audience.  Like some people have stated above, they bought the system that allowed them to play exclusive games.  Nintendo is the same way.  But if your gonna throw Nintendo in a poll with the PS3 and Xbox 360.  Well.................. its not really in the same league.  But still a good system none the less.

Haha, yeah, I know. ;) And hey, I know that the majority of people would totally agree with you. But I'm a huge Nintendo fanboy, and a stickler for retro things. I still play my NES most days, and the SNES and N64 are in my opinion probably the two best consoles released. But you're right, they're not quite in the same league.

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 11:53:25 AM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I am not much of a console player ( I much prefer the PC ) but I will definitely have to vote for the good ol' N64. Without a doubt, that machine got me hooked on gaming as a child and some of the games I played I remember just as if it was yesterday. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were truly amazing games and I enjoyed them at least the same, if not more than the majority of games I play today. I can also remember the countless hours my younger brother and I spent working our way though Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie. I can't also forget about the original Playstation and how much of an epic came Crash Bandicoot was. Brings back the memories.

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 12:00:59 PM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I am not much of a console player ( I much prefer the PC ) but I will definitely have to vote for the good ol' N64. Without a doubt, that machine got me hooked on gaming as a child and some of the games I played I remember just as if it was yesterday. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were truly amazing games and I enjoyed them at least the same, if not more than the majority of games I play today. I can also remember the countless hours my younger brother and I spent working our way though Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie. I can't also forget about the original Playstation and how much of an epic came Crash Bandicoot was. Brings back the memories.

Haha, another Nintendo fan joins the ranks! :D
And yeah, Goldeneye and Banjo Kazooie were definitely up there among my favourite games. Good memories. ;)

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 12:50:16 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
My favorite N64 game was Star Wars: Rogue Squadron - I rocked that game.  I went gold on all the regular and bonus levels, then started setting my own goals!  My best accomplishment: completing the Raid on Sullust in a TIE Interceptor, getting the bonus and doing it all in a single run using no additional lives!

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 01:04:18 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
My favorite N64 game was Star Wars: Rogue Squadron - I rocked that game.  I went gold on all the regular and bonus levels, then started setting my own goals!  My best accomplishment: completing the Raid on Sullust in a TIE Interceptor, getting the bonus and doing it all in a single run using no additional lives!
I gotta admit.  I was hooked on Goldeneye for N64 in a bad way back in the day.  There were times I would play that game from sun up to sun down for weeks during summer break from school.  Just couldnt get enough of that game. That game brings back memories with me and my friends.
- Adam

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 05:27:16 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
There's not a lot of difference in the 360 and PS3, really.  I have both but I use the 360 more often.

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 05:42:56 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
There's not a lot of difference in the 360 and PS3, really.  I have both but I use the 360 more often.

I bought the PS3 primarily as a Blu-Ray player for my home theater.  That's one big difference.

And why is the Wii still not on the list to vote for?  Even if no one votes for it, it's a valid choice.

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 06:05:12 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty

I bought the PS3 primarily as a Blu-Ray player for my home theater.  That's one big difference.

And why is the Wii still not on the list to vote for?  Even if no one votes for it, it's a valid choice.
I'm pretty sure at the time the PS3 was released it was the cheapest Blu-Ray player you could buy.  Plus, it was a gaming machine.  So basically it was a "win win" for everyone who bought one.
- Adam

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 06:14:06 PM »

lordlupus

• Forum Regular

That's true, the blu-ray playing capability is one of the reasons why I switched from xbox to PS3.

I owned quite a number of game consoles/machines in my life but I always love my first game machine. the Atari 800XL. I'm not sure whether gamers nowadays are aware of the 8-bits goodness of Frogger, Spy Hunter or Tapper.

Yes, I'm that old.

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 06:15:09 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
i chose 360, i play on the new games on that but my favorite group is nintido, they started out great.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 08:49:46 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
haha I still rock golden eye from time to time! Well rumor has it that the Xbox will soon be able to play blu-ray  8)

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 08:54:13 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
haha I still rock golden eye from time to time! Well rumor has it that the Xbox will soon be able to play blu-ray  8)

Hmm.. that would be an interesting move by Sony.... Microsoft would definitely have to be paying big bucks to Sony to allow them to use their system. I don't know if I would agree with Sony for doing that, its ones of the main advantages of owning a PS3 compared to the Xbox. But with rumors it hard to tell what has credibility and what is utter bs.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 08:55:08 PM by Curt »

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 09:14:15 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Hmm.. that would be an interesting move by Sony.... Microsoft would definitely have to be paying big bucks to Sony to allow them to use their system. I don't know if I would agree with Sony for doing that, its ones of the main advantages of owning a PS3 compared to the Xbox. But with rumors it hard to tell what has credibility and what is utter bs.

Yeah I agree. I've seen some articles on N4G.com and a few other sites. I'm sure that it won't happen for a little while though, and by then we might have the PS4 and the Xbox****** haha

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 12:35:30 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
Technically speaking, anyone saying the 360 is "better" is just plain ignorant.
Now I do agree that the exclusive titles are a matter of taste, but I'd like to point out tat developers choose the PS3 for exclusives because of the blu-ray format that allows them to have more content on a single disc. The PS3 also has more power when it's properly used, and that shows in PS3 exclusives. OF course there's always a 360 fanboy to say the 360 has faster loading times, but that's simply because multi-platform games are DESIGNED for 360 and then PORTED to PS3. The PS3's different architecture makes it hard to port a game that has already been developed, but when a game is developed exclusively for it, it beats an xbox game any day. Again, that is all technically speaking.

Just wanted to clear the technical arguments since they seem to be what xbox fanboys rely on the most. Now give me one xbox exclusive that came out in the past 3 years and isn't just a generic shooter or racing game. One.

We have Infamous, LittleBig Planet, everything lordlupus named, and soon Sly Cooper 4. That game alone is worth it. ::)

Edit: Forgot to mention the free online gaming. Nobody should have to pay for that, it's ridiculous. We already pay to have an internet connexion to begin with.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 12:43:14 AM by Moon.exe »
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 05:46:14 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

That's true, the blu-ray playing capability is one of the reasons why I switched from xbox to PS3.

I owned quite a number of game consoles/machines in my life but I always love my first game machine. the Atari 800XL. I'm not sure whether gamers nowadays are aware of the 8-bits goodness of Frogger, Spy Hunter or Tapper.

Yes, I'm that old.

Then I guess I'm older.  My first game system was a Magnavox Odyssey 2 - predates the Atari 2600 by a couple of years.

The reason why an Xbox 360 can't play Blu-ray is that the license from Sony would have made the game machine expensive enough to not be remotely competitively priced.  It has the capability in the hardware, but not in the software, to the best of my knowledge.  Do you remember their attempted workaround for the original Xbox and DVD playback - a separate add-on drive just for playing movies that was so expensive they became retail dust collectors?

At the time the game machines were being developed, I think Microsoft was backing HD-DVD for the Xbox 360 in order to try competing with Sony and the PS3's Blu-ray capabilities.  Unfortunately for them, HD-DVD didn't last very long in the format war, but it was too late in the game to go making big changes.

Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong, please.

And yes, Moon.exe, free online gaming for everyone!  Xbox Live is a ripoff.  I have no intention of continuing to pay for my games and my machine long after my initial purchase is made.  It's more like you're renting them long-term!

As far as the motion technology is concerned, the Wii became a competitor because of it and Nintendo got a lot of non-gamers to buy their machine.  The other two started whipping up "me too" technologies - Kinect really looks awesome in that arena.  However, aside from family/party, dance and exercise games, I have yet to see an effective use of the tech that would appeal to the traditional gamer.  I mean the idea of swinging a lightsaber in a Star Wars game sounds awesome - until the reality of the physical exertion sets in and you realize there's a reason why Jedi are pretty fit to start with!  A game that you used to polish off in a few days now can take weeks because it exhausts the hell out of you.  It's one thing if you're looking to get fit, but a lot of gamers use game machines as sedentary recreation; you're tired, work sucks, you want to just drink a beer and kill something.

Has anyone seen a good application of a traditional videogame that uses motion capture tech?