You are Here:
Playing Card Art

Author (Read 651 times)

Playing Card Art
« on: December 27, 2013, 02:36:18 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Thought it might be fun to post some pics of art or objects that encompass Playing Cards… Being this is a topic we all love and care about, family, friends, and we sometimes purchase Playing Card related art that adorn our homes… For the holidays, my lovely wife gave me this piece by Jason Brooks, the famous fashion illustrator… Not sure if I first read about the artist here or elsewhere, but I'm glad I did… Just got it back from the framer today and it's absolutely gorgeous…

Re: Playing Card Art
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 12:57:57 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Thought it might be fun to post some pics of art or objects that encompass Playing Cards… Being this is a topic we all love and care about, family, friends, and we sometimes purchase Playing Card related art that adorn our homes… For the holidays, my lovely wife gave me this piece by Jason Brooks, the famous fashion illustrator… Not sure if I first read about the artist here or elsewhere, but I'm glad I did… Just got it back from the framer today and it's absolutely gorgeous…

That is mighty fine work there.  If you don't mind my asking, what's a ballpark figure on what the framing cost?  I have some uncuts and art prints I'm considering framing.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 09:04:28 AM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
Oh Boy!

Playing card art is another whole universe for collectors. We have seen [and often bought!] playing card posters, prints, original art work, ceramics, etc etc covering a multitude of subjects. Pin-ups are popular, cheating scenes, advertising products where a pc theme is used, gambling in general. The list goes on.

We try to restrict ourselves to images of court figures and art related to the pc makers like posters for their products. We tend to stay away from porcelain unless directly related to a pc manufacturer.

The list goes on..............
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 12:13:28 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Don… I got a little nuts with this one… The piece is not mounted, it's under UV glass, there is a black suede mat, and the frame off silver with subtle brown tones to match the piece perfectly… just over $200… However, I have had one uncut framed with a nice wooden black frame for around $75… You don't need to get that crazy with the uncut sheets, being a very ornate frame would take away from the cards… I'll post a pic later…