You are Here:
Hello everyone!!

Author (Read 686 times)

Hello everyone!!
« on: September 28, 2014, 01:25:15 PM »

rookiecrdnut

• Newcomer
Hey all,  I'm a former sports card collector from Philadelphia living in Delaware who was looking for something different to collect.  I typed "collecting cards" into a search a few weeks back and up popped playing cards.  Had no clue that there was so much out there.  Really love the art and variety.  I'm up to 66 decks so far (all Bicycle) and couldn't be happier.  Being new have a ton of questions.  Really looking forward to meeting everyone and expanding my collection.

Mike
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 06:52:54 PM by rookiecrdnut »

Re: Hello everyone!!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 01:43:06 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Hello Mike, welcome to the forum! I was just checking out your collection of bikes you posted. Looking very nice! Love seeing collectors coming to the playing card side of things. There is a MONSTROUS amount of playing cards haha, glad you enjoy it. This is a great place to find answers to your questions, very friendly and knowledgeable group of people on here. Looking forward to hearing your opinions in the discussions. :)
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 08:21:55 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hey all,  I'm a former sports card collector from Philadelphia living in Delaware who was looking for something different to collect.  I typed "collecting cards" into a search a few weeks back and up popped playing cards.  Had no clue that there was so much out there.  Really love the art and variety.  I'm up to 66 decks so far (all Bicycle) and couldn't be happier.  Being new have a ton of questions.  Really looking forward to meeting everyone and expanding my collection.

Mike

Hey there!

We've got a fair amount of history here, so I'm thinking the search feature will be your friend for a while...  But if you can't find an answer, we were all newbies once, so go ahead and ask, we won't bite your head off.  Maybe just a nibble!  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 08:26:01 AM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer

Mike
Wow - fast start Mike!!  Welcome and keep it up!
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 12:31:47 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Welcome Mike.
If you like the Bicycle decks, and can wait a little time. http://www.shopbicyclecards.com/ does a pretty big sale on Black Friday. If you join Club 808 it is even a bigger sale. I got 3 bricks last year.
Jackson Robinson is also having a huge brick sale this weekend-Check it out here Re: KINGS WILD PROJECT - Official Topic

Good luck collecting!
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 08:37:26 PM »

rookiecrdnut

• Newcomer
Thanks for the nice welcome everyone.  I did join the 808 Club and got my Welcome Package already.  I've been bouncing around the site and was wondering if there is a particular place to ask questions?

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 12:22:19 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
I've been bouncing around the site and was wondering if there is a particular place to ask questions?

Just depends on what the question is about.
For questions about Vintage/older decks- check out the Cellar.
Magic or Cardistry-well.... Magical Cardistry Bonanza,
General card questions- Plethora
Want to design your own deck- Design & Development

A lot of questions you may have- have already been answered. You can use the search function(use as few words as possible) or look back a few pages on each section. If you don't see what you're looking for, don't be afraid to ask.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB