You are Here:
something like the Canadians are doing

Author (Read 555 times)

something like the Canadians are doing
« on: November 03, 2011, 10:03:29 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
so you may have read where some of thee candians want to buy cards in one big shipment for them so Internationale shipping is not as much. I have an idea that kinda hitch hikes off that. I do not know where everyone lives but I do know that when you buy in bulk the price of cards are cheaper. If people in the U.S. live some what  close I figure we might be able to get a bunch of us together and do the same thing, that way cards are cheaper and depending on if we have to re-ship to each other we could split shipping from the one person to us.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

Re: something like the Canadians are doing
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 12:04:56 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I think if you want to do this, you should share with your friends (that you know them and know how to go to their houses) Because, the discount for decks even if you buy a lot is not too much. And it's not easy to get someone to responsible for all.

I think instead of buying from a group of people in a forum, people will choose to buy directly from the shop, because they can ensure their order. It's not really that needed to get a small discount and take a risk.

Just a thought from me.
No offense.

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 10:53:00 AM »

eggman

• Elite Member
I usually smuggle cuban cigars out of Cananda, I could start to smuggle playing cards into Cananda.

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 02:24:42 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I think if you want to do this, you should share with your friends (that you know them and know how to go to their houses) Because, the discount for decks even if you buy a lot is not too much. And it's not easy to get someone to responsible for all.

I think instead of buying from a group of people in a forum, people will choose to buy directly from the shop, because they can ensure their order. It's not really that needed to get a small discount and take a risk.

Just a thought from me.
No offense.

People have actually been doing this on UC for a while. There is nothing wrong with securing an order for someone else. Worst case scenario you turn around and sell it, but yeah it never really fails to work.

The only problem with this mentality in the US though is that it saves you absolutely nothing. I mean, we already have free shipping on Kickstarter, and cheap shipping off-Kickstarter. Doing this in the US would actually make the decks more expensive, because the original buyer would have to re-ship the decks, and get compensation for his original shipping as well.
Forum Founder.