You are Here:

Poll

What is your opinion regarding the extra card w/credits?

Regular backs on both, credits on one in small print, AC ad on the other.
Credits on both sides of one in medium-sized print, AC ad on the other with regular back.
Credits on three sides in regular print, AC ad on the fourth.
I really couldn't give a flying fig and have no opinion - do what thou wilst.
I want something different, and I'll describe it in a post below...
Group-made deck of cards? (You can see poll once you have voted)

Author (Read 137009 times)

Re: Group-made deck of cards? (You can see poll once you have voted)
« Reply #825 on: February 28, 2012, 04:10:48 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
what the hell haha can somone bring me back up to speed on this ? i havent been getting emails for this toic when i should of been strange

« Reply #826 on: February 28, 2012, 01:41:46 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
what the hell haha can somone bring me back up to speed on this ? i havent been getting emails for this toic when i should of been strange
I'm sorry but I don't think you are a part of this project anymore since you didn't show any interest in it. But if you read all 40-some pages and choose a set of cards, you can be back in. :D

« Reply #827 on: February 28, 2012, 01:58:18 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I'm sorry but I don't think you are a part of this project anymore since you didn't show any interest in it. But if you read all 40-some pages and choose a set of cards, you can be back in. :D

haha did osmone take over my ace of spades ? i posted a desighn for it and was waiting for somone to post on the topic and no one ever did so i htought but i just wasnt getting any notifacations i read up to where i posted my deighn so not that many pages to read but still

« Reply #828 on: February 28, 2012, 02:19:46 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

haha did osmone take over my ace of spades ? i posted a desighn for it and was waiting for somone to post on the topic and no one ever did so i htought but i just wasnt getting any notifacations i read up to where i posted my deighn so not that many pages to read but still
Now that I know that you are a native english speaker, can you please write sentences that make sense, with punctation marks, capitals etc. We are already locked down on another ace of spades design. However, that pip can serve for another card of you choice. Look at the list and pick a job.

« Reply #829 on: February 28, 2012, 02:40:44 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Now that I know that you are a native english speaker, can you please write sentences that make sense, with punctation marks, capitals etc. We are already locked down on another ace of spades design. However, that pip can serve for another card of you choice. Look at the list and pick a job.

im really terrible at it last time i tried i put to much puncaiton and it made less sense

« Reply #830 on: February 28, 2012, 02:52:04 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Well you can at least put capitals, periods, spell your words correctly, re-read after yourself before you post.
Getting back on track, read all the pages, and then you can be in for the project.

« Reply #831 on: February 28, 2012, 06:13:41 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The poll doesn't show up for me... anyone else?

« Reply #832 on: February 28, 2012, 06:18:16 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
It is normal since I locked it.

« Reply #833 on: February 28, 2012, 07:12:43 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Oh ok... what was the conclusion of it?

« Reply #834 on: February 28, 2012, 09:03:37 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I changed the poll and didn't let any one vote on it, so the results were 0 votes for each category.
@Don - apparently, I am not the only one who understood that we wouldn't be able to use the back of the AC ad card, even if we chose to.

« Reply #835 on: February 28, 2012, 09:34:40 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
So I've been too busy with various things (take a guess what that is) to look at this so far. Probably too late, but is there a list of what's done? Any cards available? I'll do a card if there is anything free.

You might want to put updates like that in the first post so we don't have to read 42 pages to see the status of the operation. :)
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #836 on: February 28, 2012, 09:53:34 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
So... Here's all the info. Pick card/series of cards with no name next to them. Krystle has updated her blog with all the info.
If there is a check next to your name that means that you are good to go and that you have shown some work. Each check represents 1 card done.
If there is nothing next to your name that means that you are still in but haven't shown any work.
If your name isn't on here it means that you aren't a part of the project and that you should join!
The threes are available for you, slyS
Indexes - Loldudex2 and Derek√ - ALL DONE
Back Design - Derek√ - ALL DONE
Ace of spades - Derek√ - STARTED
Ace of hearts - Aaron√ - ALMOST THERE
Ace of diamonds - Derek√ - ALMOST THERE
Ace of clubs - Robert Butler√ - ALL DONE
Kings - Loldudex2√√√ - 3/4 DONE
Queens - Moon.exe√√ - STARTED FOR 2/4
Jacks -
Tens - Nathan√√√√ - ALL DONE
Nines - IAmTheChin
Eights - ??
Sevens - Kensei777√ - STARTED
Sixes - RandyButterfield√√ - STARTED FOR 2/4
Fives - ?
Fours - ??
Threes - slyS√√ - STARTED FOR 2/4
Twos - KrystleLane√√√ - AMOST THERE 3/4
Jokers - Moon.exe√√ - ALL DONE
Single-faced ad card - Alex
Single or double faced extra card with all the credits - NathanCanadas
Custom Seal - Alex
Tuck Case - Alex
Brought to USPCC - Alex
We are missing a few drafts and a few artists. Feel free to pick a job, I do not wish to impose one on anyone! Let's keep up the work!

« Reply #837 on: February 28, 2012, 11:35:58 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:

Hey Lara, here's what I ended up with for your TWO of Diamonds. Hope you like it!
I added a little detail in the flower petals and a few thorns for fun.

thanks, Randy

« Reply #838 on: February 29, 2012, 12:00:19 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Wow! Wow! Just WOW! Randy, you and Derek amaze me. That looks light and deep at the same time. Just perfect! <3

« Reply #839 on: February 29, 2012, 01:18:09 AM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
Randy that's astonishing!!! You definitely have more skills than I do in the graphic design department! i'm glad you're on board  :D :D
You buy a Ferrari when you want to be someone. You buy a Lamborghini when you are someone. - Frank Sinatra

« Reply #840 on: February 29, 2012, 01:31:25 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Beautiful!
Though I have to confess, it's not THAT clear it's the 2 of diamonds at first sight.

« Reply #841 on: February 29, 2012, 04:36:52 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Haha sry about that. That's done!

But the poll is locked and no one can vote.  I know I can't.

I changed the poll and didn't let any one vote on it, so the results were 0 votes for each category.
@Don - apparently, I am not the only one who understood that we wouldn't be able to use the back of the AC ad card, even if we chose to.

Please read this quote.  I hope you appreciate it, since I had to wade through hundreds of messages to find it.  I'll make bold and red the section that's most pertinent to this conversation.

Hey guys, I have a few things to say:

1. I love the teamwork I am seeing and some of the stuff created are on the way to becoming a very interesting design.
2. If you guys want, feel free to have this be some other deck. I never demanded that AC or The Discourse be advertised, I just said that if you guys want to include an ad card for the boards, we have to use the my standard ad card and not something created by a member.
3. You guys have 100% permission to use anything and everything on the boards. If you want some of the raw files that I have for the site, just ask. I think it would be really cool to see the Omnes pip transformed into a legitimate Ace of Spades, let me know what you think!
4. The ad card can either be the standard card I use, it could be an ad card on one side and a continuation of names on the other, or I could do something fun and throw in a back design for the next deck, whatever it may be at the time. Up to you all!

NOW do you believe me?!?  Please, if you're leading the project, LEAD IT, and do the administrative end of it by keeping track of who said what and how it affects the project.  All Alex cares about is, if we even decide to include an ad card for AetherCards, since he did make that OPTIONAL, that one side of it be his standard ad, and he doesn't give a flying fig what's on the other side.  So yes, we can use THREE card sides of the four available on the ad cards for credits in a reasonably easy-to-view font.

Research, baby, research...

Do we need a vote, or do people who care one way or the other like using three card faces for credits?  If we do need one, Nathan, please UNLOCK the poll, now that's it's zeroed out and has the correct questions.  Set a deadline to vote - one week should be adequate.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #842 on: February 29, 2012, 07:07:46 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Wow Randy! That two of diamamonds looks astonishing! I love it! Now I'm wondering, will all of the cards be edited in photoshop by Randy and/or Derek, or is that too much work and this is just a one-time thing?
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #843 on: February 29, 2012, 09:13:28 AM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:
Wow Randy! That two of diamamonds looks astonishing! I love it! Now I'm wondering, will all of the cards be edited in photoshop by Randy and/or Derek, or is that too much work and this is just a one-time thing?

My Sixes and Lara's Twos are the only ones I'll probably have time to work on. I volunteered to redraw Lara's Twos because she mentioned she doesn't have Photoshop, Gimp or any other image editing program that could create a hi res version.

thanks, Randy
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 09:38:17 AM by RandyButterfield »

« Reply #844 on: February 29, 2012, 10:01:02 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
OK, it seems that the Eights are not claimed at the moment, so I'll take a stab at those. :)

Is there one spot we can see all the current cards? I checked through and didn't see any obvious location yet. I'd like to get a feel for what folks have done so far...
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:06:48 AM by xmetal »
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #845 on: February 29, 2012, 10:29:45 AM »

slyS

• Newcomer
OK, it seems that the Eights are not claimed at the moment, so I'll take a stab at those. :)

Is there one spot we can see all the current cards? I checked through and didn't see any obvious location yet. I'd like to get a feel for what folks have done so far...

you can see them in Krystle's blog, but it's locked by her. You will gotta ask her for the password!

« Reply #846 on: February 29, 2012, 11:05:06 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
The password is aethercards no caps. @Don - I was told by three people that I should lock the poll as we weren't ready for it. They said we should take care of the design before the credits. So, I'm kinda split between the two. Thanks for finding Alex's post. I had apparently skipped that one. I am leading while trying to get the majority's opinion before making a decision.
But thanks a lot for finding that.
:D
Nathan

EDIT: here is all the progress so far. I truly hope this helps. If you want anything else from me, just say it. It isn't perfect but it includes all the info and the designs. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:53:00 AM by NathanCanadas »

« Reply #847 on: February 29, 2012, 02:19:21 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
That's awesome Nathan!! That's a big help and I know the visual is nice with all the writing in the thread. Hopefully we can drill through some of these and make a lot of progress in the next couple weeks.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #848 on: February 29, 2012, 03:52:28 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Wow Nathan! That's incredible, and it shows, we still have a LOT of work to go. We need to start making progress again, or else this might never happen?
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #849 on: February 29, 2012, 05:24:04 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Thanks a lot for the nice comments guys. It sure would be nice to see some more work from some of our artists, as well as some new artists. We would need some work from Alex Chin, Kensei777 and Moon, as well as all of us others.
Let's keep the momentum flowing!