You are Here:

Poll

What is your opinion regarding the extra card w/credits?

Regular backs on both, credits on one in small print, AC ad on the other.
Credits on both sides of one in medium-sized print, AC ad on the other with regular back.
Credits on three sides in regular print, AC ad on the fourth.
I really couldn't give a flying fig and have no opinion - do what thou wilst.
I want something different, and I'll describe it in a post below...
Group-made deck of cards? (You can see poll once you have voted)

Author (Read 137050 times)

Re: Group-made deck of cards? (You can see poll once you have voted)
« Reply #725 on: February 22, 2012, 04:38:40 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I like Version C the best. The colors really pop  ???

« Reply #726 on: February 22, 2012, 05:20:31 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Derek, that back design is awesome, the colour is spot on and I think it should be left as is,

A lot of people on here are like:

You should do this blah blah,

I'd like to see this Blah blah,

Reality check people.

You've entrusted Derek to design the back, the designs he's posted throughout this thread have been brilliant yet theres alway at least one of you that has to stick your two cents in I'd find it demoralising to constantly have my designs, not criticised exactly but if I were Derek I'd feel my designs were never good enough.

Nathan you are the worst for this, you may be heading up this project, but this is not YOUR deck, it is a collaborative effort between Discourse members if enough members are happy with this design then let it be, otherwise if you keep asking for changes it will never get done.

Randy, those Sixes are frickin awesome dude!!!
Sorry if it seemed I was being picky. I was just trying to give a few suggestions. Personally I think we should just keep it how it is right now and it will be good. :)
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #727 on: February 22, 2012, 06:05:07 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
@Dee1orean - The idea was for every card to be however the artist intended it to be, but the back design to fit everyone. If it weren't for constructive criticism, the back design wouldn't be where it is now. I am just making suggestions, nothing less, nothing more. I do realize I am not the best at leading this project, but if it weren't for me, this project wouldn't even exist. I have maybe spent 3 hours a day on average on this project, and I have tuned in to the best of my abilities. If you aren't happy, you can find a better solution.

« Reply #728 on: February 22, 2012, 06:05:41 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
@Randy - I really like that other six!!! Nice job!

« Reply #729 on: February 22, 2012, 07:14:28 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I think option C looks the best!! It's my favorite back design and it looks great in the spread. You should change the poll so that we can vote on those three options
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 07:14:57 PM by brown_baggs »
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #730 on: February 22, 2012, 07:26:50 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
@Aaron - I like the idea of a calendar. I will change it when I have the time.

« Reply #731 on: February 22, 2012, 07:28:36 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I have changed and reopened the poll. Please vote!

« Reply #732 on: February 22, 2012, 07:51:11 PM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
@Dee1orean - The idea was for every card to be however the artist intended it to be, but the back design to fit everyone. If it weren't for constructive criticism, the back design wouldn't be where it is now. I am just making suggestions, nothing less, nothing more. I do realize I am not the best at leading this project, but if it weren't for me, this project wouldn't even exist. I have maybe spent 3 hours a day on average on this project, and I have tuned in to the best of my abilities. If you aren't happy, you can find a better solution.

Nathan, I don't doubt your commitment to the project, I wouldn't want to do it, However look at your quote above specifically, "The back design to fit everyone". that's exactly my point. a leader needs to listen. look at all the posts after the current back design was posted the MAJORITY approved the design, then you posted:

I thought it over and here's what I think. I do like the C better in fans, but we need to make sure it looks nice when holding a single card in our hand.
Also, I think we should do some changes to the "Discourse" running along the side. I just think it looks kinda awkward on version C. Maybe we could make the color a bit more turquoise-ish.
Finally, I really liked the little shape in the center of back B. Maybe we could put two Ds back to back, kinda like for D&D S&Ms.
I think version C is the way to go but I think it still needs some subtle changes. Also, @
Derek, why is it so pixelated?

YOU want to change the colour
YOU want two D's in the middle of the deck (something way to similar to Dan and Dave)

The only valid constructive comment there about the pixellation.

The MAJORITY approved or are happy with the design then you want to change it quite drastically, that's not collaborating, that's dictating.

The back design ticks all the right boxes for a lot of people. Let it be, otherwise as I said above it will never get finished. You can't please all the people, the best you can hope for is to please most of them.

This Deck is looking awesome, it really is, I said in an earlier post I was very dubious about this project, but it really is moving forward brilliantly..
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

« Reply #733 on: February 22, 2012, 08:03:17 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I didn't WANT anything. I was just suggesting some stuff. The majority of people INCLUDING ME like this back the best BUT wanted some minor changes such as the font/color of discourse running along the side. I also wanted this. The only additional thing I wanted was the Ds in the middle which Don Boyer, a very trusted member of AC, had suggested.

« Reply #734 on: February 22, 2012, 08:37:19 PM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
After the back design was posted, ONE member did not like the colour of the whole back, and ONE Member (YOU) wanted to change the colour/font of the discourse. Everyone else was happy with this back design Don included.

Im trying to urge you to make a final decision, Not just because I like this back design but because this has been going on for ages now.

Also look back through all your posts and see how often you've posted the words "I Think" I think (oops) you'll be surprised, I was going to post about it earlier, but thought you'd get over it.

Criticism is one of the hardest things to accept, I know, I'm awful at accepting it myself.

I'm not going to post about this issue anymore, if you decide to settle on this back don't do it to appease me, do it because it's what the members of The Discourse want.

I've been following this project closely and shall continue to do so.

Good luck everyone!!!
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

« Reply #735 on: February 22, 2012, 09:18:08 PM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
Thank you dee1orean, honestly that's how i've been feeling. I post a design and I appreciate all the criticism. Most people say they love it, and then Nathan and 1-2 others want me to change something. I love the C design. I'll tweak it so that the shapes are more even and not stretched but definitely no red letters. Definitely not adding a design amongst it. I don't really like the two d idea because like you said, Dan and Dave already did that. It looks awesome in the fan and id say 9 out of 10 people will be happy. That's good enough for me :) Hopefully it's good enough for everyone else. The main focus will be on the faces anyways, every one being unique. LETS GO!  :D :D
You buy a Ferrari when you want to be someone. You buy a Lamborghini when you are someone. - Frank Sinatra

« Reply #736 on: February 22, 2012, 09:22:29 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
Version C as it is. The less changes the better. I think the poll is going that way, too. :P
Nathan, stop trying to justify yourself, you're really just making it worse. Everyone seems to be satisfied with the current design and you're the only one who wants so many changes.
Stop now, and everything will be fine. ;)
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #737 on: February 23, 2012, 12:37:36 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
VC gave me an Aethergasm! <3 it! that is my vote

« Reply #738 on: February 23, 2012, 01:17:42 AM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
Hahaha, I'm glad you guys like it  :D FYI, it's only pixelated because it was a screenshot. The actual file is high quality  ;D
You buy a Ferrari when you want to be someone. You buy a Lamborghini when you are someone. - Frank Sinatra

« Reply #739 on: February 23, 2012, 01:19:33 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Hahaha, I'm glad you guys like it  :D FYI, it's only pixelated because it was a screenshot. The actual file is high quality  ;D
Ok that is awesome. Very nice designs Derek.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #740 on: February 23, 2012, 01:54:18 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
So it looks like option c is the best. I would post the design and ask people if they are happy with it and then if they are just finalize that. I think option C is good and we could call the back design all done!
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #741 on: February 23, 2012, 05:35:13 AM »

kensei777

• Forum Regular
  • Card Technician and Noob Playing Cards Collector

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
No complaints there. I was the one that cast the none of the above vote but I actually like option C as well. The reason I didn't pick was because I trust Derek with the back. Whether he does or does not apply any changes to it, I'd leave that to him. He's done an excellent job so far anyway. Besides but correct me if I'm wrong, if I remember correctly, he's the one in charge of digitizing the raw images so if he gets stuck with the backs then wouldn't this deck stall as well?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 05:35:24 AM by kensei777 »
I prefer hand written signatures over digital ones but the ink appears to be stuck on my monitor screen...

- Emman Refuerzo aka Kensei777

« Reply #742 on: February 23, 2012, 10:06:07 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Ok that is awesome. Very nice designs Derek.
Ok good, it didn't look as good.
Can you upload the high quality one?

« Reply #743 on: February 23, 2012, 12:38:34 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Ok, sry Derek. I don't know what got into me, trying to impose my opinion on everyone. I was just trying to help. I think I should know better. Apparently, the main opinion is Option C with changes or not, depending on what Derek wishes.
I am going to put a poll on the dead-line for having our designs finished. Do you think this would be a good idea?

« Reply #744 on: February 23, 2012, 01:32:15 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Ok, sry Derek. I don't know what got into me, trying to impose my opinion on everyone. I was just trying to help. I think I should know better. Apparently, the main opinion is Option C with changes or not, depending on what Derek wishes.
I am going to put a poll on the dead-line for having our designs finished. Do you think this would be a good idea?

As long as its not too soon. I'd rather have a great deck put out in a year, then an ok deck put out a few months. I feel if we just keep working hard on it, we will do fine, but there is no purpose to try to hurry us up, because that increases rushed design.

Do we need deadlines? Yes to make sure people are working.

Should we hurry this up and rush it? No not at all.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #745 on: February 23, 2012, 02:33:25 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

As long as its not too soon. I'd rather have a great deck put out in a year, then an ok deck put out a few months. I feel if we just keep working hard on it, we will do fine, but there is no purpose to try to hurry us up, because that increases rushed design.

Do we need deadlines? Yes to make sure people are working.

Should we hurry this up and rush it? No not at all.
I completely agree. But do you think I should put the poll right away, or wait for more people to vote on this one?

« Reply #746 on: February 23, 2012, 04:03:06 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Keep the poll. It wouldn't hurt having more people vote right?
I chose option C, but with minor tweaks. I like the colouring and the simplicity in it, but I wasn't really into the whole "D" on the back with the Discourse. I know we're trying to put something that others could recognize it as our deck. But the words on the back design somewhat breaks the elegance of it. Maybe put "Discourse" on AoS or the Joker instead?
Just my two cents.

« Reply #747 on: February 23, 2012, 04:33:54 PM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
Thanks for the support guys. I tried changing the color a tad but I really like it. I also changed the DISCOURSE lettering on the sides to black to match the rest. I think if I kept it a color or something, it would distract from the overall design. I like that the lettering is subtle and one might not even notice it at first.

Here is the final design UNLESS someone comes up with a good suggestion to change it.

« Reply #748 on: February 23, 2012, 04:38:31 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
@Derek - That looks amazing! It truly does! I think this is, by far, the best! I just had one question: will the D in the middle of the back make a subtle one-way back design or are we going to change it so it is truly 2 way?

« Reply #749 on: February 23, 2012, 04:47:26 PM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
Not sure if you can tell but there isn't a D in the exact middle. The middle part is 4 D's wide, two facing one way, two facing the other, alternating. Thus - two way back  :D

ALSO ON A SIDE NOTE, I HAVE ACCUMULATED A WOPPING GRAND TOTAL OF ONE SIGNITURE FOR THE AoS. Now that i'm done with the back, I'll focus on the Ace but i need signatures people. Go to my other thread, I bumped it to the top, if your name isn't on the list and you're working on the deck, post your name. THEN email me your signature on a white sheet of paper written in sharpie. Can be a cell phone pic of scan. DerkPhotography@gmail.com

Thanks  ;)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 04:49:02 PM by Derek »