You are Here:

Poll

What is your opinion regarding the extra card w/credits?

Regular backs on both, credits on one in small print, AC ad on the other.
Credits on both sides of one in medium-sized print, AC ad on the other with regular back.
Credits on three sides in regular print, AC ad on the fourth.
I really couldn't give a flying fig and have no opinion - do what thou wilst.
I want something different, and I'll describe it in a post below...
Group-made deck of cards? (You can see poll once you have voted)

Author (Read 136961 times)

Re: Group-made deck of cards? (You can see poll once you have voted)
« Reply #575 on: February 09, 2012, 11:27:29 PM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
I really like the look of this...

You buy a Ferrari when you want to be someone. You buy a Lamborghini when you are someone. - Frank Sinatra

« Reply #576 on: February 09, 2012, 11:27:49 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Here is what I was thinking of for the ace of spades. I spent about 1 min on it using Pages. I think the names could be typed out in whatever font we would like (each a different font), obviously in much smaller, and with your names instead of mine. What do you think about this? I think it would be simpler than all writing and scanning our names, all being in different sizes and colors and stuff.

« Reply #577 on: February 09, 2012, 11:30:24 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Here is what I was thinking of for the ace of spades. I spent about 1 min on it using Pages. I think the names could be typed out in whatever font we would like (each a different font), obviously in much smaller, and with your names instead of mine. What do you think about this? I think it would be simpler than all writing and scanning our names, all being in different sizes and colors and stuff.
I dunno, it seems to simple to me. I'd MUCH rather puzzle piece all of the signatures together into the ace.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #578 on: February 09, 2012, 11:32:19 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

I like it but can you please try moving everything to the left a bit to that the red Ds are exactly in the corner and much closer to it too? I would love to show you wat is was thinking for this deck, but I cant because I don't have your draft. What I was thinking is adding a column of +s so the Ds are perfectly in the corner. I would love to see how that would look, especially in a fan! I love the fact that the red discourse is barely visible!

« Reply #579 on: February 09, 2012, 11:33:29 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I dunno, it seems to simple to me. I'd MUCH rather puzzle piece all of the signatures together into the ace.
Yes, the point was for it to be like a puzzle with our signatures. The only difference is that I would like it typed out in a stylish way for each of us. + I don't know if I would be able to scan my signature because I dont have a scanner at home.

« Reply #580 on: February 09, 2012, 11:40:33 PM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
Our own signatures would not only look better IMO, but it would be more original and personal. You don't have to scan it, you can literally take a pic with your cell phone and ill be able to edit it.
You buy a Ferrari when you want to be someone. You buy a Lamborghini when you are someone. - Frank Sinatra

« Reply #581 on: February 09, 2012, 11:56:26 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Ok. You have convinced me :D Should it be just my name or can it by any signature I would like?

« Reply #582 on: February 10, 2012, 12:23:33 AM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
I think it should be a signature, no matter how crazy or unreadable. It'll be recognizable by us and the signee, which is most important and it would looked cool  :D

« Reply #583 on: February 10, 2012, 12:41:23 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Ok. I think they should all take up about as much space, although some might be square, and others rectangular. I will send you mine tomorrow. As for now, imma go to bed.

« Reply #584 on: February 10, 2012, 01:20:16 AM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:

Very nice!!

Great job Derek!

« Reply #585 on: February 10, 2012, 01:22:27 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

I think we should go with that. It is so nice and I realy like it!
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #586 on: February 10, 2012, 01:58:24 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Stopping by to say that back design is gorgeous. I'll see if I can call in a favor and maybe enable you guys to do a 1k run of these cards.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #587 on: February 10, 2012, 02:04:46 AM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
The back design is cool really nice u guys should use that back design , just my opinion .

« Reply #588 on: February 10, 2012, 02:13:58 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
I'm in love with the new back design. Let's keep the stinger borders, they look amazing. ;D
And Aaron, are you done with the ace or should I wait a little longer? :P
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #589 on: February 10, 2012, 02:24:58 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
Stopping by to say that back design is gorgeous. I'll see if I can call in a favor and maybe enable you guys to do a 1k run of these cards.

I know right! Its really nice! The design has come a log way fro its humble origins. ^_^ oh in case you missed the link here is my blog post about the Discourse deck.

The Evolution of Aetheria

Its password protected the password is

password:  aethercards

« Reply #590 on: February 10, 2012, 03:00:58 AM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Thanks for that blog post Lara, your guys progression on this deck has been insane! It is awesome to see everyone working together to create something amazing. The back design right now is beautiful and I can only expect everything to get better from here.

Nice work guys!

« Reply #591 on: February 10, 2012, 05:06:35 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
That new back design is gorgeous!! I really like it. I think that with a few minor tweeks the back design could be all finished.

@Lara that blog was awesome! It was nice to be able to see all the pictures in one place! Thanks for putting that together.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #592 on: February 10, 2012, 09:02:13 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
Thanks for that blog post Lara, your guys progression on this deck has been insane! It is awesome to see everyone working together to create something amazing. The back design right now is beautiful and I can only expect everything to get better from here.

Nice work guys!
That new back design is gorgeous!! I really like it. I think that with a few minor tweeks the back design could be all finished.

@Lara that blog was awesome! It was nice to be able to see all the pictures in one place! Thanks for putting that together.

you guys are very much welcome. I just go really tired of trying to look for the other artwork in all 30 pages of replies and I was pretty sure that I was not the only one who felt this way. So that is why i also decided to compile everything there. I just password protected it in case some of the members does not with to reveal their work out in public just yet.

« Reply #593 on: February 10, 2012, 10:38:12 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I really like the way this is moving, but, when you have the time, Derek, can you please try adding a row of +s so the Ds from discourse en up perfectly in the top left and bottom right corner?

« Reply #594 on: February 10, 2012, 11:23:42 AM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?

I know right! Its really nice! The design has come a log way fro its humble origins. ^_^ oh in case you missed the link here is my blog post about the Discourse deck.

thanks for compiling everything for our convenience! :D It was by luck I found this post as well  :P  wish I could help out with the designs, I could only do fonts if you guys want, I'll try to do it after my exams, here an example I did a couple of years back haha. I can't draw to save myself though..  :-[

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-f7BkfyWTSlU/TzVEK4Doh9I/AAAAAAAAAJw/MCjPXTSqFbs/s1600/IMG_0023.JPG

btw, anyone could guess what was it used for?  :P

oh and, don't mind tilting your head abit, sorry.. x-x
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 11:24:51 AM by K »
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #595 on: February 10, 2012, 12:21:25 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

That looks pretty nice! But I don't know how you could help us with fonts :/

thanks for compiling everything for our convenience! :D It was by luck I found this post as well  :P  wish I could help out with the designs, I could only do fonts if you guys want, I'll try to do it after my exams, here an example I did a couple of years back haha. I can't draw to save myself though..  :-[

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-f7BkfyWTSlU/TzVEK4Doh9I/AAAAAAAAAJw/MCjPXTSqFbs/s1600/IMG_0023.JPG

btw, anyone could guess what was it used for?  :P

oh and, don't mind tilting your head abit, sorry.. x-x
I like it a lot, unfortunately, I don't know which fonts you could help us with. :( maybe the ones on the box...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:23:30 PM by NathanCanadas »

« Reply #596 on: February 10, 2012, 12:25:02 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Here are rough drafts for all four of my tens. I'm not extremely proud of them, I have to admit. Please give me feedback!

« Reply #597 on: February 10, 2012, 01:04:22 PM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
@Nathan: I like the ideas, I still don't know if the second ten should be completely blurry? Also, are you trying to make some of your faces black and some white? Kind of like a reverse Artifice v1?

Also, here is a revision of my back - the D's can be switched to make it a two way back. For all you 'subtle one-way' back lovers, the red D in the middle makes it a subtle one way.

« Reply #598 on: February 10, 2012, 01:11:56 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
For your question, yes, I am.
I really like that back, Derek! Can you just try moving the +s around so the red D is exactly in the corner. Please? Pretty please? I just think that it would just look so much nicer when fanning the cards. Other than that, I think it is perfect!

« Reply #599 on: February 10, 2012, 01:24:02 PM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
@Nathan: Idk if you've ever designed in photoshop, but I can't just move them into the corners. They're a certain size and to keep it uniform, I have to have them there. Unless I stretch them which would look odd  ::) I'll see what I can do, but it's not simple..