You are Here:
Fournier No. 18-00

Author (Read 1329 times)

Fournier No. 18-00
« on: June 07, 2014, 01:03:50 AM »

Afrank8

• True Member
I stumbled across the fournier website a little while back and saw this: http://www.nhfournier.es/en/productos/ver/n-18-00. I tried a quick google for them to see more pics or info but got nothing. Anyone know something about them?

Re: Fournier No. 18-00
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 02:20:26 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
They make a few bland poker decks, model numbers 818 and 18 - the back image is on par with something like Aviators, all with borders.  The 18-00 model appears to be their answer to the Texan Palmettos - a somewhat souped up design that's printed into the bleed.

There are three models of Fournier deck that appear to be the more popular around collectors (unless we're talking about collectors who specialize in European-made cards).  First is the Fournier 606, Lee Asher's signature deck, manufactured to rather exacting standards - you can even wash them despite their being made of paper.  Second is the 505, the deck that preceded the 606 but has the same back design (505s come in red and blue, 606s come in brown and green).  Last is technically not a Fournier deck in the sense that they made it but not under their name: Bicycle Prestige 100% plastic.  USPC bought Fournier I think around '86.

There's another "collector deck" maker that used Fournier for a specific project - Big Blind Media from the UK, home of the "Bicycle Karnival" series of decks, created a "Karnival Death Heads" deck; the original was the Armour Edition, 100% plastic and made by Fournier with their standard jumbo-index faces, while the other was the Carnage Edition, made by USPC out of paper and Bicycle-branded with USPC standard-index faces.

One other custom deck maker used Fournier for a project, but it wasn't playing cards.  The artist who created the recent "Bicycle Favole" deck made it out of repurposed art from her "Tarot Favole" deck she had printed with Fournier.  Both decks are on the website if you poke around a little.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 05:10:01 AM »

Afrank8

• True Member
Thanks for the info Don, knowledgeable as always.

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 12:50:39 AM »

seb

• YouTube:
They make a few bland poker decks, model numbers 818 and 18 - the back image is on par with something like Aviators, all with borders.  The 18-00 model appears to be their answer to the Texan Palmettos - a somewhat souped up design that's printed into the bleed.

There are three models of Fournier deck that appear to be the more popular around collectors (unless we're talking about collectors who specialize in European-made cards).  First is the Fournier 606, Lee Asher's signature deck, manufactured to rather exacting standards - you can even wash them despite their being made of paper.  Second is the 505, the deck that preceded the 606 but has the same back design (505s come in red and blue, 606s come in brown and green).  Last is technically not a Fournier deck in the sense that they made it but not under their name: Bicycle Prestige 100% plastic.  USPC bought Fournier I think around '86.

There's another "collector deck" maker that used Fournier for a specific project - Big Blind Media from the UK, home of the "Bicycle Karnival" series of decks, created a "Karnival Death Heads" deck; the original was the Armour Edition, 100% plastic and made by Fournier with their standard jumbo-index faces, while the other was the Carnage Edition, made by USPC out of paper and Bicycle-branded with USPC standard-index faces.

One other custom deck maker used Fournier for a project, but it wasn't playing cards.  The artist who created the recent "Bicycle Favole" deck made it out of repurposed art from her "Tarot Favole" deck she had printed with Fournier.  Both decks are on the website if you poke around a little.

Lee Asher's deck is actually 605, not 606 ;)

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 03:35:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Indeed, you are correct.  Thanks!  I'm surprised that I forgot that...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 05:02:05 PM »

seb

• YouTube:

Indeed, you are correct.  Thanks!  I'm surprised that I forgot that...

Happens to the best of us ;) Hard to keep up sometimes!