You are Here:
Kudos to Cosmo Solano!

Author (Read 1872 times)

Kudos to Cosmo Solano!
« on: June 07, 2012, 01:57:30 AM »

Allan

• Newcomer
I'm not sure if this is the correct category...

I want to let everyone know what an outstanding person Cosmo Solano is. He gets my thanks and kudos big time.

After waiting a few weeks past the time that Coz stated he had sent out all of the Kickstarter Spectrum decks (about May 9) I had still not received my decks. I contacted him a couple of days ago. He looked it up and couldn't find the tracking information but was pretty sure that my 36 decks had gone out. He offered to get me a replacement right away and I suggested he hold off so that we could try and track it from either the origin or destination if possible. Well he shipped me a second set anyway and I've already received them.

That's great customer service and a lot of integrity.  Thank you Coz!

Cheers,

Allan
Thank you,

Allan
I can be reached at: AceCardCollector@gmail.com

Re: Kudos to Cosmo Solano!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 04:30:27 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Cosmo's a really good guy who knows the meaning of customer service.  Certain items he was offering in the reward bundles weren't ready in time, so instead of making people wait for all their items to be in place and shipped together, he opted to send out the decks and send out the extra things he was waiting on separately at his expense.

Now that's a class act.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 10:16:54 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Still waiting on my two decks and uncut sheet... However, being I was such an avid supporter of his project, I would imagine things will turn out fine...  Still looking forward to the decks and my first uncut sheet...

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 02:15:51 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Still waiting on my two decks and uncut sheet... However, being I was such an avid supporter of his project, I would imagine things will turn out fine...  Still looking forward to the decks and my first uncut sheet...

You should contact Cosmo.  He stated that the decks were going out first with other items going later, or something to that effect.  You should have had your decks by now, I think.

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 12:38:13 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I have tried to contact Cosmo over half a dozen times without a reply... He stated around a month or so ago, that he'd be mailing my decks and uncut sheet, but I have received nothing and heard nothing... It saddens me to have to post this, but does anyone have an alternate way to contact him or perhaps a phone number...  I have had nothing but good things to say regarding the project and Cosmo himself, but I am starting to feel this is now being handled inappropriately... Thanks, J.

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 01:22:56 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I have tried to contact Cosmo over half a dozen times without a reply... He stated around a month or so ago, that he'd be mailing my decks and uncut sheet, but I have received nothing and heard nothing... It saddens me to have to post this, but does anyone have an alternate way to contact him or perhaps a phone number...  I have had nothing but good things to say regarding the project and Cosmo himself, but I am starting to feel this is now being handled inappropriately... Thanks, J.

This might provide answers to your questions...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=471749&forum=218&9

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 01:35:35 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I feel for the guy, and although I feel he's a nice guy it doesn't excuse him from his responsibilities.   He made over $20.000. His website is new and he's selling uncut sheets on it. Apparently there are quite a few people in the same boat that I'm in...

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 11:41:14 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I feel for the guy, and although I feel he's a nice guy it doesn't excuse him from his responsibilities.   He made over $20.000. His website is new and he's selling uncut sheets on it. Apparently there are quite a few people in the same boat that I'm in...

Maybe trying to reach him at Magic Cafe will work?  I know he has an account here as well but I don't think he checks it very often, at least not lately.  Hell, try both - doesn't even cost a stamp.

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 06:09:28 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i pledged for 3 deck on kickstarter .. The deck came in very bad condition ... i have pledge deck at kickstarter a couple of times before and mostly of the time the deck arrive in really perfect condition , the worst i receive before is just a small dent ..

But recently i received my Spectrum in the mail ... the cello on the deck is badly done , but i don't blame him for that but then the deck box inside is damage , all 3 of them are damaged , 1 is slighty damaged .

After that i sent him a message via kickstarter , he told me to send him the pic to his email , after sending him a email to the email address he told me , he stop replying to me and i have also contact him via kickstarter countless time but yet to receive any respond .

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 08:47:43 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I feel really bad that I misjudged this character... This was going to be my first uncut sheet because I thought the colors would look nice framed in the kids playroom and would allow me to introduce one of my passions in the form of an artistic print to my kids... I now have to go through a long and drawn out process of trying to recoup my funds... I am no longer supporting kickstarter decks - period... Fool me once... Well this is the once... After some time, the nice words and apologies don't really mean anything when you rob me of my hard earned money... I will say that I gave BMPokerworld a hard time when he suggested FBI... However, I have given Cosmo ample time to respond and make things right... And if you are reading this Cosmo, and you attempt to twist this situation at all, then I will post all your emails to me... Cosmo - you continue to conduct yourself in an inappropriate manner... The funny thing is, he has a new website which I'm sure was paid for with my funds as well as countless others who have not received their merchandise and he is selling the uncut sheets for twice what I pledged for!!! I am not an attorney and I am not 100% sure, but it appears as though he may have committed a felony... Possibly larceny (again, this may not be the case and I am not accusing him of having  committed this offense)... However, I will be taking action against him... I thought he was a magician, not a clown...  Cosmo, you have let me and many others down... Shame on you...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 08:52:59 AM by jmrock »

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 03:38:32 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I feel really bad that I misjudged this character... This was going to be my first uncut sheet because I thought the colors would look nice framed in the kids playroom and would allow me to introduce one of my passions in the form of an artistic print to my kids... I now have to go through a long and drawn out process of trying to recoup my funds... I am no longer supporting kickstarter decks - period... Fool me once... Well this is the once... After some time, the nice words and apologies don't really mean anything when you rob me of my hard earned money... I will say that I gave BMPokerworld a hard time when he suggested FBI... However, I have given Cosmo ample time to respond and make things right... And if you are reading this Cosmo, and you attempt to twist this situation at all, then I will post all your emails to me... Cosmo - you continue to conduct yourself in an inappropriate manner... The funny thing is, he has a new website which I'm sure was paid for with my funds as well as countless others who have not received their merchandise and he is selling the uncut sheets for twice what I pledged for!!! I am not an attorney and I am not 100% sure, but it appears as though he may have committed a felony... Possibly larceny (again, this may not be the case and I am not accusing him of having  committed this offense)... However, I will be taking action against him... I thought he was a magician, not a clown...  Cosmo, you have let me and many others down... Shame on you...

I'm confused - so you ordered a KS pledge from him, and he claims he delivered everyone's already, but you haven't received yours, and he is being dodgy in emails?

Forum Founder.

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 09:34:34 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Yes... I ordered from kickstarter and waited patiently, but nothing... about a month or so ago, I sent Cosmo an email asking if everything was alright with my order... He replied courteously and stated that he'd look into it and he did... He then asked for my address and I gave it to him, to which he replied "sending your stuff out today..." This was June 18th... A week went by and I asked him if he had a tracking number - no answer... A week later still no products and I sent an email - no answer... Seven or eight emails later still no reply...  Had he replied, I would not have taken this course of action, because I believed him to be an honest person... However, one month later, I am without cards, uncut sheet, or money...

Well wouldn't you know, after the "Spectrum - Legal Action" email that I sent to him today while I was posting and researching, I received a shipping confirmation a few hours later (I guess we'll see what he sent and/or if it is the correct merchandise)... I then received a note, which I am not going to get into... Let's just say this whole situation was avoidable and really handled poorly... Just so, so sad it had to come to this... I'll have to see how I feel about hanging this in my house, being that the items are surrounded by such negativity... I will say he was man enough to apologize, and prior to this month, there wouldn't have been a doubt in my mind that it was sincere... Regardless, I accept the apology and I am hoping that the shipping confirmation is accurate and I receive the correct items... What's crazy is that so many people in the Magic Cafe forum and even here say, 'If I don't receive the deck(s) then I'll take it as a loss...'  To write that is insane to me... To accept having been swindled out of your money is unacceptable and anyone that continues to be kept in the dark and not receive their decks, merchandise, & magic tricks or supplies should take action, just as I did... Don't allow this individual to line his own pockets, pay to upgrade his website and benefit from your money without fulfilling his obligations to you...

Alex, I know you also had some issues (still waiting on the Vortex)... However, communication is the key... For Cosmo to have ignored numerous messages from me as well as countless others (while sitting with or having spent our money) is wrong on so many levels... Keep the lines of communication open... I hope Cosmo learns from this experience... I know I have and will no longer be pledging for any kickstarter projects whatsoever... If I like a deck enough and I am able to obtain it in the open market, so be it... If not, that's okay too...  I will post if and when I receive the alleged package that is being shipped to me...

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 02:21:29 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Yes... I ordered from kickstarter and waited patiently, but nothing... about a month or so ago, I sent Cosmo an email asking if everything was alright with my order... He replied courteously and stated that he'd look into it and he did... He then asked for my address and I gave it to him, to which he replied "sending your stuff out today..." This was June 18th... A week went by and I asked him if he had a tracking number - no answer... A week later still no products and I sent an email - no answer... Seven or eight emails later still no reply...  Had he replied, I would not have taken this course of action, because I believed him to be an honest person... However, one month later, I am without cards, uncut sheet, or money...

Well wouldn't you know, after the "Spectrum - Legal Action" email that I sent to him today while I was posting and researching, I received a shipping confirmation a few hours later (I guess we'll see what he sent and/or if it is the correct merchandise)... I then received a note, which I am not going to get into... Let's just say this whole situation was avoidable and really handled poorly... Just so, so sad it had to come to this... I'll have to see how I feel about hanging this in my house, being that the items are surrounded by such negativity... I will say he was man enough to apologize, and prior to this month, there wouldn't have been a doubt in my mind that it was sincere... Regardless, I accept the apology and I am hoping that the shipping confirmation is accurate and I receive the correct items... What's crazy is that so many people in the Magic Cafe forum and even here say, 'If I don't receive the deck(s) then I'll take it as a loss...'  To write that is insane to me... To accept having been swindled out of your money is unacceptable and anyone that continues to be kept in the dark and not receive their decks, merchandise, & magic tricks or supplies should take action, just as I did... Don't allow this individual to line his own pockets, pay to upgrade his website and benefit from your money without fulfilling his obligations to you...

Alex, I know you also had some issues (still waiting on the Vortex)... However, communication is the key... For Cosmo to have ignored numerous messages from me as well as countless others (while sitting with or having spent our money) is wrong on so many levels... Keep the lines of communication open... I hope Cosmo learns from this experience... I know I have and will no longer be pledging for any kickstarter projects whatsoever... If I like a deck enough and I am able to obtain it in the open market, so be it... If not, that's okay too...  I will post if and when I receive the alleged package that is being shipped to me...

I'm glad you got everything sorted. Legal action wouldn't be beneficial for either party. Judges rarely demand that the losing party pay attorney fees, and you'd lose more money on the court fees themselves than the product you want. Cosmo would drop a few thousand on an attorney, so would you, and things would get ugly for what I believe to be a very simple problem (clearly, seeing as how it was solved in a few hours).

I will say that because of how KS works, it's very easy for certain people to get ignored. There is no feature that allows you to check off who you shipped to, who you packed and labeled, who requires special attention this or that, so it's very easy to mess up someone's order or to not ship it entirely (even if you keep track via your own list). On top of that, I don't know how many backers Cosmo got, and I know several projects have gotten more than mine, but with ~600 backers, I get messages every day, some of which have legitimate concerns I need to address ASAP, others have ridiculously stupid questions that clutter the inbox. When sent en masse, it's very easy to forget to reply to one or two people.

So I'm not taking Cosmo's side here at all, I just do know that things can get very, very messy on KS logistics. When things hit me in the face all at once, one of the issues I had was simply being able to figure out a shipping mechanism that didn't mess everything up. I think the key is to keep people in the loop, something I failed to do on many counts as well. The worst mistake is to say "all items have shipped" or "all items will ship by X" and then not follow through.

As for people taking losses, I think it's understandable on a smaller scale. If you pledge $5 and receive nothing a year later, there isn't much you can do but pester the heck out of the person. I won't name which project it was, though sleuthy detectives can easily find out, but I pledged for a certain level on KS and received the one under it. I didn't even bother contacting the people to ship out the second portion because I didn't even pledge with the prospects of getting the items. I lost a few bucks, nowhere near $200, and I had a million other things to do that were worth more time than that.

So some people are just lazy/busy/rich or investing for reasons other than receiving products.

However, obviously when you're pledging for $200, it's a different ball game. It's no longer a difference of skipping a fast food meal, and becomes a difference of making rent and whatnot. So in that regard I am really glad you two worked it out.

Also, I don't mean to get off topic, but your order from me shipped our several days ago - so keep an eye out and let me know what you think. :]

Forum Founder.