You are Here:
uncut sheet White Lions Series A - Blue

Author (Read 2998 times)

uncut sheet White Lions Series A - Blue
« on: October 05, 2020, 11:15:24 AM »

wlssdbc

• Newcomer
I was able to view a uncut sheet of the White Lions Series A - Blue on the David Blaine site via google (see two attachments) : there are two doublebackers.

But the deck in my possession and the one that was shown in a review on You Tube (July 27, 2012 - by Laura B.) contains one doublebacker and a card with three hands (showing how to throw away a card) !?

And an other odd thing is this :
The split spades on both sides of the doublebacker don't have the same blue color. The side with the same color as the back of the other cars is the "back side" of the doublebacker.
The blue color of the "front side" of the doublebacker is identical to the color of the split spades on the back of the "3 hands card".
The blue color of the front of the "3 hands card" corresponds to the color of the "back side" of the doublebacker and the color of the back of all the other cards of the deck !!!
Conclusion (?) : two "split spades sides" on the front of the uncut sheet and "3 hands side" on the back of the uncut sheet.

Re: uncut sheet White Lions Series A - Blue
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 06:11:25 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I was able to view a uncut sheet of the White Lions Series A - Blue on the David Blaine site via google (see two attachments) : there are two doublebackers.

But the deck in my possession and the one that was shown in a review on You Tube (July 27, 2012 - by Laura B.) contains one doublebacker and a card with three hands (showing how to throw away a card) !?

The split spades on both sides of the doublebacker don't have the same blue color. The side with the same color as the back of the other cars is the "back side" of the doublebacker.
The blue color of the "front side" of the doublebacker is identical to the color of the split spades on the back of the "3 hands card".
The blue color of the front of the "3 hands card" corresponds to the color of the "back side" of the doublebacker and the color of the back of all the other cards of the deck !!!
Conclusion (?) : two "split spades sides" on the front of the uncut sheet and "3 hands side" on the back of the uncut sheet.

It sounds like not both decks are Series A - something tell me that you're describing a Series A deck and a Series B deck.  I think the series A deck had the graphic with the instructions on card throwing.

As far as a double backer having two different shades of the same color - that's more common than you'd think.  There's as much art as there is science when it comes to printing playing cards and applying ink to paper; the shades of ink aren't always 100% matched for every print run, and the shades of ink can vary from printing the faces to printing the backs.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 04:55:11 PM »

wlssdbc

• Newcomer

It sounds like not both decks are Series A - something tell me that you're describing a Series A deck and a Series B deck.  I think the series A deck had the graphic with the instructions on card throwing.

As far as a double backer having two different shades of the same color - that's more common than you'd think.  There's as much art as there is science when it comes to printing playing cards and applying ink to paper; the shades of ink aren't always 100% matched for every print run, and the shades of ink can vary from printing the faces to printing the backs.

The uncut sheet (front and back) was on David Blaine's website and you can still see it via google.
You can see on the front of the sheet that it is a Series A (see the joker).
The 1st odd thing : uncut sheet with  two double backers instead of one double backer and a card with the three hands
The 2nd odd thing : the shade of the color of the back of the card with the three hands (= Series A) is different from the shade of the color of the back of the other cards, and the shade of the color of the hands is the same as the shade of the color of the back of the cards, hence my conclusion.

I know that it is not unusual that the two sides of a double backer have a different shades of the same color. I only referred to this to compare it to the different shades of the color of the two sides of the card with the three hands : to prove that the back of this card  must therefore be on the front of an uncut sheet

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 05:01:28 PM »

wlssdbc

• Newcomer

The uncut sheet (front and back) was on David Blaine's website and you can still see it via google.
You can see on the front of the sheet that it is a Series A (see the joker).
The 1st odd thing : uncut sheet with  two double backers instead of one double backer and a card with the three hands
The 2nd odd thing : the shade of the color of the back of the card with the three hands (= Series A) is different from the shade of the color of the back of the other cards, and the shade of the color of the hands is the same as the shade of the color of the back of the cards, hence my conclusion.

I know that it is not unusual that the two sides of a double backer have a different shades of the same color. I only referred to this to compare it to the different shades of the color of the two sides of the card with the three hands : to prove that the back of this card  must therefore be on the front of an uncut sheet

I can add to this that my conclusion would show that the back of the uncut sheet on David Blaine's site is not the back of an uncut sheet of Series A or  that  there are Series A decks with two double backers and no card with three hands.
The front and back of the uncut sheet are still on David Blaine's shop "collectibles".
This morning I asked the webshop if there are two different White Lions Series A Blue decks.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 05:25:45 AM by wlssdbc »

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 12:07:04 PM »

wlssdbc

• Newcomer
Today I received the answer of the webshop : the photo of the back of the uncut sheet was incorrect.