Grotesk Macabre - ALL Editions

Author (Read 2504 times)

Grotesk Macabre - ALL Editions
« on: October 25, 2015, 03:01:30 PM »

Lotrek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Hey all,

Today 25 October at 5:00pm EDT, during my "Grotesk Macabre KS campaign I'm relaesing  "BLACK MASS": A deck (the first of its kind?) printed with Red and Gold shiny metallic inks on Black stock with air-pocket embossing. Tuck case with black foil on a sturdy black stock.

Re: GROTESK MACABRE "BLACK MASS" Printed on BLACK stock
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 03:32:58 PM »

chas0039

• Forum Regular
No Link???

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 04:53:56 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
GROTESK MACABRE Animated playing cards!

Quick link. Seven minutes out btw. ;)

Edit: Get them now!  ;D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 05:01:20 PM by Fes »
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 07:54:15 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I grabbed one, just couldn't resist seeing what this first pass at a black stock deck ends up like. They are certainly pricey, so I don't imagine they will be an instantaneous sell out. A year ago we might have seen that happen but lots of collector are more picky these days.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 10:16:11 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I grabbed one, just couldn't resist seeing what this first pass at a black stock deck ends up like. They are certainly pricey, so I don't imagine they will be an instantaneous sell out. A year ago we might have seen that happen but lots of collector are more picky these days.

I think the price and limit also has something to do with it. These are expensive decks right out of the gate. I'm very interested in checking out the black stock too. My gut feeling is they should be pretty good, I don't think Lotrek would make an attempt at these without having faith in the stock. Time will tell of course.

I'm guessing today's sales for the Black Mass have been around 265-275ish decks. Not bad at all. Still will be quite a few decks remaining for a while so no one should feel left out and will have a nice opportunity to get in and grab one or two.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 09:42:09 AM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Great job Lotrek - these look fantastic!
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 03:04:57 AM »

cbkimble

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
I think the price and limit also has something to do with it. These are expensive decks right out of the gate. I'm very interested in checking out the black stock too. My gut feeling is they should be pretty good, I don't think Lotrek would make an attempt at these without having faith in the stock. Time will tell of course.

I would consider the price and limit of this deck comparable to gilded decks. I like gilded decks as much as the next collector but they're getting a bit too standard for me. I liked them b/c they were an added bonus to amazing decks but they've lost their allure with every creator/project doing them. Black stock is different and I would like to see more in the future. I just hope it doesn't become like gilded decks.

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 04:06:47 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

It's not simply pickiness - it's that there's so many projects running now.  The variety of available decks is greater, but most people's incomes haven't kept pace!  They do look great, but I'm in agreement that the price will keep them from vanishing too quickly - but as a first-ever black-stock deck, vanish they will.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 09:02:04 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

I would consider the price and limit of this deck comparable to gilded decks. I like gilded decks as much as the next collector but they're getting a bit too standard for me. I liked them b/c they were an added bonus to amazing decks but they've lost their allure with every creator/project doing them. Black stock is different and I would like to see more in the future. I just hope it doesn't become like gilded decks.

Don't worry, some of us are thinking of ways to make gilded decks and special editions even more special. Why gild a deck if you are just going to seal it up in a normal box? :)
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

Grotesk Macabre - Black Gold edition (KS)
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 05:11:02 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chromografix/grotesk-macabre-black-gold-edition

"GROTESK MACABRE BLACK GOLD - the foiled version of BLACK MASS
A deck of playing cards that takes Black Mass to a new level of obscure beauty.
"GROTESK Macabre BLACK GOLD" is the next step in printing on black stock. Featuring an insanely detailed back design, it is the first deck ever printed on black stock with hot stamped foil on all card backs!
The deck will be available exclusively to Kickstarter backers and only the number of decks sold during this 7-day funding period will be produced."

Stretch Goal:
If funding reaches $10000, foil will be added to the face cards! These will be embellishments under the pips on each card.
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

Re: Grotesk Macabre - Black Gold edition (KS)
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 10:12:55 AM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Stretch goal reached.  We will have foiled on both sides of the cards.  :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 10:13:50 AM by PrincessTrouble »

Re: Grotesk Macabre - Black Gold edition (KS)
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2016, 06:07:34 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
Inferno edition will be unlocked only during the final 24 hours of the campaign. Red stock, black foiled back, gold and silver foil on the faces.
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.